The Dogs of war

exatreide

The Shadow fleet had planned to jump near the Tolnep home planets moon, but insted arived almost in the atmosphere. The Tonelnep fleet had expected them to drop outside outside of the fourth world and hit there starports and defensestations.

They shadows dove on the population centers of the world, the battlecrabs and crusiers cutting down skylines in several passes.

The Tolnep ground craft put up a harrowing in fight destroying two shadow destroyers before being overwelmed.

The Tolnep capital of Technoketia was reduced to ash and cinders its mighty monument to the God Mountaino cut in peices.

The Tolnep fleet scrambled racing towards there world, The shadow fleet rose back into orbit leaving tens of millions dead in there wake.

The shadow craft moved into formation for the coming counter attack.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tolnep home system

6 battleships

4 carriers

15 crusiers

19 destoyers

Home Gaurd

4 battleships

2 carriers

15 cruisers

45 destroyers

Mainshipyards

2 crusiers finished production

Second ship yard in the Rings of Halada

5 Destoyers Constructed

Construction of Third Shipyard Deep withen Tartarus

30%

20% per post.

Quga Research

All ships refitted

Quga research

10% 105% per post

Oregeno Research

10% 10% per post.

Lata Research

Superweapon research complete.

1,500 Arachneds En route to Tolnep space

1000 Home gaurd

500 per post.

Talry touched a panel on the vidcom console on the battleship Heracles," Greetings Shi'Nin, Lord of the Due'He, I am Talry, Prime Minister of the Yonji Sinhondrea.  I welcome you to our system for negotiations."

-

At the edge of the system, the fleet had come out just out of firing distance from the Benteel homeworld.  They had wanted to jump well inside the firing distance, but it seemed that plan had been foiled.  However, it did bring them within firing distance of the Benteel Fleet.

Phaser blasts ripped from the Achilles, the defiant destroyers weaved in and out firing their pulse phasers, gutting the slow Benteel vessels that relied on armor, not shielding.  Within minutes the Benteel Fleet was gone.

"Move us into range of the planet," said Arqua brooding.

"Yes Fleet Leader," said an aide," Why does the Fleet Commander brood?"

"That was too easy," replied Arqua," How much knowledge do we have of their world based anti-ship defenses?"

"None Fleet Commander," replied the aide sadly.

"Then make scans as we approach, if they have any we may lose some ships..."

Total Ships:

10 battleships

5  carriers

20 cruisers

100 destroyers

Homeworld Fleet At Yonji Prime:

9  battleships

5  carriers

20 cruisers

90 destroyers

500 Etana

En Route to Benteel orbit:

1 Battleship

10 Destroyers

1000 Etana

Construction:

Homeworld Shipyards:

5 destroyers constructed

Yonji Prime Moonyards:

5 destroyers constructed

Construction of third ship yard in orbit Yonji Prime's Moon:

75%, 15% per post.

Advanced Destroyer Construction Research Begun:

80%, 10% per post

Etana Bred:

1500, 500 per post.

The offer for an alliance is still in effect.

Fleet Under Contruction at Shipyard AlphaOne:

7 Destroyers

Fleet at Shipyard AlphaOne:

10 battleships

5 carriers

20 cruisers

52 destroyers

Advanced Destroyer Construction Techniques (7 produced instead of 5): 100% Complete

Construction of Fighter shipyard (AlphaTwo): 40% (Only produces fighters).

shipyards at 30% each, 10% per post(fighters and destroyers).

research of plasma weaponry 80% 10% per post. (taking research of plasma shields and combining that with common knowledge of plamsa propulsion).

producing frigates(cruisers)

10 battleships

5 carriers

26 cruisers

15 destroyers

ground troops: 1500 vyyk'tze (blood stealers)

"My race had aquired information of a UHE colony being destoryed by Hizzari 3 weeks ago. The most disturbing fact is that it is only about 2 warps from here. I wish of a military alliance against this possible threat."

"Indeed it is disturbing."

"I also wish to establish trade. We could provide you the techologies of our warp drive, not perfect, but I believe to be superior of most races. In return we wish to have the bodies of any of your fallen prey."

Units:

10 battleships

7 carriers

20 cruisers

15 destroyers

Building:

Carrier constructino complete.

Fleet Block 02 (2nd shipyard) 85%, +15% pp

Warp drive refining 11%, +1% pp

"While we gladly accept the offer of a military alliance," Talry said into the vidcom, picking his words with care," We have no interest in trading technologies or offering the bodies of our victims."

-

In orbit of the Benteel Homeworld the Defiants and Achilles were firing nonstop into an area of forest, plowing it of all plant and animal life.  Once satisfied it was clear, the shuttles of Etana, Yonji Sinhondrea Warriors, and Etana food chemical floated downward.

Arqua smiled, things were going better than planned.  And that was when a torrent of energy blasts from the ground destroyed a Defiant to starboard.

"Lock onto the location of that blast onworld and fire," roared Arqua.

Total Ships:

10 battleships

5  carriers

20 cruisers

109 destroyers

9  battleships

5  carriers

20 cruisers

100 destroyers

1000 Etana

Benteel orbit:

1 Battleship

10 Destroyers

1000 Etana

Construction:

Homeworld Shipyards:

5 destroyers constructed

Yonji Prime Moonyards:

5 destroyers constructed

90%, 15% per post.

90%, 10% per post

Etana Bred:

2000, 500 per post.

Losses:

1 Defiant/Destroyer

shipyards at 40% each, 10% per post(fighters and destroyers).

research of plasma weaponry 90% 10% per post. (taking research of plasma shields and combining that with common knowledge of plamsa propulsion).

producing frigates(cruisers)

10 battleships

5 carriers

28 cruisers

15 destroyers

ground troops: 2000 vyyk'tze (blood stealers)

The Lynx shot through space leaving being a tourquise trail. The fighter started to slow as her forward directional engines flashed. Before the fighter was a white disc with a crimson and blue spire piercing it. Aun'tzi; the capitol of the Sha traders. Toros and Lynx fighters partolled the void. The Lynx fighter passed through two Toros fighters and a Leviathan Cruiser; the pilots sent their verifacation to the cruiser.

The two couriers ran into two sha'vyyk guards, their large clawed hands gripping halbreds (they had las rifles behind a hidden panel next to them) that barred the entrance to Lord Typhus' chambers.

After showing their documents, the two Sha'va'kli walked into the large oval room.

"What is your buisness?" Asked the Sha; he wore a half suit of traditional Sha armor and a large fur cloak. "we came to g-give you a message from General Fulgrim an-," stammered the courier before he was interrupted. "and we came to give you this," replied the other courier handing Lord Typhus the small triangular disc.

Typhus slid the disc into his holo screen. The holo screen shimmered with light as it displayed the message. "they want troops I see. . . Only Sha'vyyks and Sha. . ." muttered typhus staring at the transparent blue screen."General Fulgrim was displeased with this," said one of the couriers. "He he should be, we don't have enough resources or trained men to go back into the hired guns buisness, but the times have changed greatly. We could use the extra income and I feel this will in the end help us" replied Typhus waving off the two couriers.

message to the Due'he has been sent

Shi'Nin returned from with the fruit of the conference, military alliance with the Yonji Sinhondrea. Though he didn't get all he wanted, but this was good enough.

"My lord, the Sha'Kasvu had replied."

"Very well. Draft me a reply before the warp drives are charged."

"The revonation of fleet block 02 is also complete."

"No defects or lost capabilities like some previous ones we've tried to renovate?" asked Shi'Nin, hoping for the best.

"No, my lord. This one worked perfectly." replied the officer.

"Very well. Transfer the manpower into refining the warp drive." ordered Shi'Nin.

Message to Sha'Kasvu:

[hide]Glad that you had finally replied. Our payment would be as below:

1)Dedicating nanobots, enough to operate 1 ship block(in your language, 1 shipyard), to increase your fleet production rate.

Our demands from you are as follow:

Sha'vyyks: 1) Serve as the basic ground troops of Due'He.

Sha: 1) We want Sha scientists. More specific, those that had taken part in building your worldcrafts. 2) Being excel rouge traders, we wish you can provide us DNA, or best, cropse of any race that can survive in vaccum and have excellent aerial agility. The more the better.

If you agree to the terms, please warp the men and equipment to the sectors around planet Thorin Prime. We are planning an invasion of the planet.[/hide]

Units:

10 battleships

8 carriers

20 cruisers

15 destroyers

Researches:

Renovation of Fleet Block 02 complete.

The resoures used to renovate fleet block 02 is transfered to refining the warp drive.

Warp drive refining 12%, +3% pp

Construction:

Fleet block 01: Carrier 50%

Fleet block 02: Carrier 50%

Carrier construction complete.

OCC: Exsplug, you're really beginning to test my tolerance:

"The results of this warp?" asked Shi'Nin as he heads towards a destoryer. This wold be the ship they use to meet their possible allies.

There isn't warping, folding space, etc. Everyone uses hyperspace, everyone travels at the same rate of speed, modify your post accordingly.

To All Other Members: Any post from now on less than eight lines will be deleted. This does not include unit stats/numbers/etc, OCC's, or anything else; eight lines of story minimum.

To All Other Members: Any post from now on less than eight lines will be deleted. This does not include unit stats/numbers/etc, OCC's, or anything else; eight lines of story minimum.

A rule with a point, but not one that should be enforced by throwing one's weight around. Oops, yeah, that was an OOC. Silly me, forgetting these things. While I'm within my OOC lines I should say that I think it's unfair that I joined this fic and I'm not really paying as much attention to it as I should. So until such a time as Warlords no longer occupies the majority of my attention, the Azt'k are effectively hiding. Besides which, I'm not sure I'd like it if I stuck around here, since tolerance seems to be so easily stretched. Isn't it the author's perogative to iron out errors, anyway?

Hardly my intention, i just dont want people exploiting travel and this and that, soon it will be leaving and getting somewhere in the same post ect ect and thats just not a good thing :)

And good luck with the snorelords  ;)

No problem exsplug it happens.

The shadow craft opened fire as the engagment begain. The sky turned into masssive balet with Shadow and Tolnep craft locked in a epic struggle over there homeworld. The survivers of the cataclsm below must have had a buetiful show above them.

Shadow fighters dove in and out firing there plasma blobs against the enemy capital ships.

Rodrigerz banked his crusier to the left avoiding a massive rocket barage. He targetted the craft a small frigate and opened fire. The crusiers fire slicing the weakly armored craft in half.

The com channels were full of chaos, the shadow ships had not expected this kind of resistence. The poor buggers were actully trying to fight them off. How cute they were in their ignorence. He was nearing his destination the Tolneps two shipyards located on the dark side of the moon. The shadow craft accelerated to its full capacity ignoring the ocasion probing assult from a Tolnep craft, they were to busy with rest of the shadow fleet to notice a stragler.

Two blobs raced out of the shadow craft, one striking the first shipyard and the second striking the other much larger one. The bloobs did no damage as they impacted, they simply grappeld onto the ship, a enzyme slowly eating away at the stations outer hall. The arachneds withen begain to awake...

Sharpia orderd his battlecrabs back into formation, things were getting spread out and disordly the shadows had to maintain a solid line. He could drive towards the Tolnep center and take out there largest craft with concintrated fire. He orderd his ships back to the line.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tolnep home system

6 battleships

4 carriers

11 crusiers

10 destoyers

Shadow Ships in route to reinfoce invasion of Tolnep space(Arive in two posts)

1 battlecrap

1 carrier

10 Crusiers

31 destoyers

Home Gaurd

1 battleships

1 carriers

7 cruisers

19 destroyers

Mainshipyards

5 Destoyers Constructed

45%

15% per post.

Quga research

25% 15% per post

Oregeno Research

20% 10% per post.

1,500 Currently ingaged with Tolneps

1,500 Home gaurd

500 per post.

"Fleetmaster," said the aide," We have destroyed the laser towers that destroyed the Defiant."

"Good," said Arqua," Send down Etana in the shuttles to the landing zone we cleared.  Target the only city."

"Targetted," said the aide, glancing at the console.  All ships were reporting in.

"Fire," said Arqua, voice calm as if he was discussing the weather.

Phaser, pulse phaser, and phaser cannon blasts leapt downward in tandem with the torpedoes of varying types.  From orbit the city could be seen to be burning, and was soon glass.

"The Etana report they are setting up the base in the cleared zone outside the city ruins," said the aide.

"Good," said Arqua," Soon the Benteel will be extinct.

Total Ships:

10 battleships

5  carriers

20 cruisers

119 destroyers

9  battleships

5  carriers

20 cruisers

110 destroyers

1500 Etana

Benteel orbit:

1 Battleship

9 Destroyers

1000 Etana

Construction:

Homeworld Shipyards:

5 destroyers constructed

Yonji Prime Moonyards:

5 destroyers constructed

Complete, production begins next post.

Complete.  7 Destroyers Constructed Per Post, per shipyard.  Begins next turn.

Etana Bred:

2500, 500 per post.

Above the gas giant of Thorin Prime, The fleet of Due'He start to spread out into formation.

"Commander, enemy fleet approaching from 000 and 090. Contact in 30 minutes."

"Set the battleships into firing mode, and order the destoryers to defend them."

"Yes sir. The crusiers and carriers?"

"They will be kept in reserve."

Large hexagonal cylinders similar to the destoryer that Shi'Nin had boarded now began to move into positions. Tractor beam fired from a cylinder at another two, soon they were only a few hundred meters apart, positioned at the three corners of a triangle.

The 2/3 of the surface armor plates of the cylinder in the middle then rised, and transformed into structures like huge cooling vents. Under these vents revealed a gatling cannon as big and 2/3 as long as the cylinder. At the same time, a long belt of ammo reaching 1/3 the length of the cylinders extended from a second cylinder. The third cylinder produced a faint blue glow covering the whole cylinder, then extended power cables to the center cylinder.

Some other cylinders which didn't follow suit of combining gathered around the battleships. These were the destoryers of the Due'He fleet. Numerous dual barrel laser turrets were released from the destoryers. They would take care of the defence of the fleet.

"All battleships and destoryers are set-up, sir."

"Any sign of the merceneries?"

"No sight of them."

"Order the landing force to prepare then."

Units:

10 battleships

9 carriers

20 cruisers

15 destroyers

Researches:

Hyperspace drive refining 15%, +3% pp

Construction:

Fleet block 01: Carrier 50%

Fleet block 02: Carrier 50%

Carrier construction complete.

The troops of the landing force is now switching into their combat bodies, + 500 troops pp.

Raia raised his assult rifle and signled for the rest of his sqaud to fallow. There were reports of a hull breach in the area that needed to be investigated. The damable Shadow's may have tried to land some ground forces on the shipyards. He wonderd what Shadow ground troops must look like. The shadow's themselvs gave him the shudders.

He heard Growling near by and raised his rifle, a shape moved towards him in the darkness. He opened fire spraying the area with 7.92 Milimeter amunition. The shape charged towards him. His eyes widend in disbelife.

Pain burst threw his body as the Arachneds tallons peirced his armor like tin foil. His heart exploded with the second strike. Pain filled his chest and the darkness overwelmed him quickly.

Joa spreared the spot where his friend from childhood had just stood. Hate for the creatures filled him. The rest of the sqaud opened fire, the creature stumbling towards them as its life essence was blown away with each strike.

"We have contact, not shadows looks like a warrior type. One KIA." He reported over his com.

"Incoming!" Lio shouted from beside him.

A dozen of the creatures were rushing towards them. Lio was lifted up by one of the creatures, he screamed as its jaws bit down slicing the Tolnep warrior in half.

Joa screamed firing as one of the Arachned warriors raced towards him, the rounds didn't seem to do enough damage, they just kept coming. The creature's tallon raced towards Joa's head. It was the last thing he ever seen.

"General we have reports coming in that the ground force's have began there engagement with the shipyards security personel.

"Good. Order The Qeerrta to cover the Mjario, The Mjario should strike the crusier here and should break up there left flank."

"Of course General."

The Tolnep defense was strong the warrior race was not going down with out a fight, it had inflicted heavy damage on the Shadow fleet. The battle raged above the ash's of the Tolnep homeworld. The shadow fleet was winning, but taking heavy loss's

Tolnep home system

6 battleships

3 carriers

7 crusiers

6 destoyers

Shadow Ships in route to reinfoce invasion of Tolnep space(Arive in one posts)

1 battlecrap

1 carrier

10 Crusiers

31 destoyers

Home Gaurd

1 battleships

1 carriers

9 cruisers

24 destroyers

Mainshipyards

5 Destoyers Constructed

60%

15% per post.

Quga research

40% 15% per post

Oregeno Research

30% 10% per post.

1,417 engaged with tolneps

2,000 Home gaurd

500 per post.

Etana One surveyed the prefab base his soldiers had constructed in the kilometers wide and long clearing plowed by the starships.  It was spartan and bordered by electric fencing along with some perimeter auto cannons.

Etana One nodded to the first patrol, it was ready to leave and explore the jungles for any sign of the Benteel's survivors.  The group departed.

Twenty minutes passed and the patrol found itself under attack.  Hundreds of Etana fell before their plasma weaponry, but they were in a fighting retreat.  The patrol had lost 20 Etana out of 50.

Total Ships:

10 battleships

5  carriers

20 cruisers

133 destroyers

9  battleships

5  carriers

20 cruisers

124 destroyers

2000 Etana

Benteel orbit: