Dune can't connect to Internet - FoxRotorz not working :(

Szigi

PLZ help me anyone!

I have patched the game, version is 1.06, downloaded the files from http://www.explode.to/dune/ (rc86.zip, rc93b.exe), but i become the following message if i want to run the RotorzConnect.exe: Runtime error '76': Path not found; or by the rc93b.exe: Dune must be closed before start or stop this program. :- I tried connect from the game, but the Dune2000 (i think) can't identify my ADSL connection, because it says that i'm not registered, but i'm! What is the problem?!

i have  one thing to say, you probably downloaded dune2000 ,

on bought dune2000 these problems does not exits.

buy dune2000 cd, i recommend to get better connection to play 4/6way

and comp too

my is:

2 processors: pentium 2 338mhz(34x,49x) and intel celeron 400mhz

grapchic card  FCC daytona trio 3d 8mb

connection cable/modem fast 70k but now 46k

196mb ram

hdd 2gb

windows 98

that is minimum requirements to 4way in dune2000 lol

i think best is

2processors althon 3ghz and intel celeron 1,4ghz

grapchic card, matrox 9200 128mb

connection via sattelite 10mbps or 100mbps ( T3+ )

1gb ram (1024mb)

hdd 200gb baracuda

windows millenium

but that for even 6way.. hmmm  rotorz onnector , always check game for type: or is installed via CD or downloaded, if is downloaded, RC will bee keeping making errors, if you  bought game, RC rn propertly without problems

if you have problems with ASDL or somethink check ISP if is active or correctly installed, maybe youneed reinstall windows? and drivers ?

that is minimum requirements to 4way in dune2000 lol

i think best is

2processors althon 3ghz and intel celeron 1,4ghz

grapchic card, matrox 9200 128mb

connection via sattelite 10mbps or 100mbps ( T3+ )

1gb ram (1024mb)

hdd 200gb baracuda

windows millenium

euh. . you are saying a dual Athlon 3 gig is about equal to a Celly 1,4 gig ?

Sattelite connections are horribly slow.. . and even generally known not to be suitable for gaming..

Why would you need 200gig of HD to play any game.. . let alone Dune2000 ?

And the 2 best OS'es MS even created for gaming are Win98SE and WinXP. . . why would you  recommend WinME ?

btw. . . that dual P2 is not much of use with Win98.  . .you need WinNT to use both CPU's. . ..

gryp dont talk to me anyway lol. 200gb recommended for other games too, lol about processors, more ghz  can play longer...... better comp bettergamin, if yo thing still bad? go to bed and ****** your brother

u cyberbrother******

Hi Szigi

The specs you need to run Dune200 are quite low, you certainly dont need duel procesors, a 200 gig hdd, and sattelite connection, you only need a 56k modem to play on line, you also dont need both the RC programs, you only need to run one of them, start RC then start Dune200, if you opt for the DLL.file, you dont even need to start any programs.

Shy  ::)

Szigi

As Shy said you don't need a powerful machine.

I played online with a Pentium 200, 64Mb ram and a 5gig hard drive on a 56K dialup modem. I'm not sure if the RZ patches are stand alone or whether you need to install them in order.Either way there was another patch  RC91, you may need to install this before upgrading to 93?.

If you are using a dialup modem the DLL file on shygirls site will work better, (no need for rotorzconnector).

If it is a downloaded game, there's not much I can do until you get an actual game.

All the best

Thanks Shygirl, Scotsman!

Few days, and i will have the original CD Image of Dune2000, i'll try with it...Now i have downloaded all files of RZ, but i'll try connecting from the game, with the wolapi.dll. :O

My config is : P3 Tualatin 1,4 Ghz, 512 SDRAM, 80 GB HDD, Ti4200 VGA, and 384/64 kB/s ADSL connection, i think this is enough, because on LAN the game working well  ;)

He probably got his nick banned, thats why he is using ASItrike, if he uses dial up a IP ban wouldnt work, as I belive your IP changes everytime you log on to the internet, ( I know mine does) I know he has a 70k connection so he must be using some kind of cheap cable, anyway if ASItrike gets banned expect him back with either his FrEmEn836 nic or his Gobaloper nick or ASIleader, well he has got lots.

Shy  >:(

p.s. rodents like syczek are hard to eliminate. :-