orodos strategy

syeline

okay for ordos which is a probably well known fact, light fast hit n run attacks are excellent. u wanna make a huge group of just weak little things with sum running units and maybe 3 or 4 good tank units mixed in there. this is wave one. make a second wave of all the best ordos tanks u can make. try to make a chaos lightning strike the enemy base then send wave one in as a shock n surprise method. send wave one to the front of the base. while all the units are up front attacking ur attackers try to find a back way in with wave 2. if there are none then bring wave one to the far back or middle so wave 2 will come in away from the units. while the units attentions are on ur guys blast them, or start blasting buildings. the enemy units will be torn between which wave so just blast them. take out the construction yard with a part of wave one and two and with the other half attack the factory. the rest u can do on your own.

harkonnen are the heavy artillery. make a death hand missile. make alot of devastaters. make running units also make 3 waves of this abd add a few other units at ur want. seperate the three waves. death hand missile right at the construction place. make wave one go in. get the units in there. ten to one ur units will all die in wave one. seperate three devestators and implode them next to important buildings. immediatly bring wave two in. this should do it if the construction yard and factory is gone. bring wave three in if u want it done quicker.

now for atreides same thing make a wave of really good units and a wave of speed units and foot soldiers. send the hawk thing at the biggest group of units in the base u can see n send in wave one. make half get the remaining units and the other half get there asses to the building n bust up the construction yard. then bring in wave two to go for the refinery then factory.

Plz note that u have to make good size waves not 3 or 4 of waves 1 and 2 and say my stratigy sux. for wave one i would say 20 or higher. wave 2 would be about 25 or higher. n a wave three if u need is about 20.  u can go maybe a lil below to like 15 in wave 1 and 20 in wave 2 and 15 for wave three also.

u can have more or less but it always works well within those numbers. very helpful for the new gamer.

skirmishes is about all that strategy is good for....

in skirmish you can can do just about anything..... the AI is not very smart...

i can kill everything in skirmish with 2 minotaurs and a repair vehicle

or 3 laser tanks ... hehe so strategy in skirmish is pretty pointless when you can micromanage units super efficiently.

But the point Apollyon is trying to make is that in multiplayer online mode you have to produce produce produce and you have to strip away all the "frills"

Frills means stuff like superweapons and super expensive units.

okay for ordos which is a probably well known fact, light fast hit n run attacks are excellent. u wanna make a huge group of just weak little things with sum running units and maybe 3 or 4 good tank units mixed in there. this is wave one. make a second wave of all the best ordos tanks u can make. try to make a chaos lightning strike the enemy base then send wave one in as a shock n surprise method. send wave one to the front of the base. while all the units are up front attacking ur attackers try to find a back way in with wave 2. if there are none then bring wave one to the far back or middle so wave 2 will come in away from the units. while the units attentions are on ur guys blast them, or start blasting buildings. the enemy units will be torn between which wave so just blast them. take out the construction yard with a part of wave one and two and with the other half attack the factory. the rest u can do on your own.

harkonnen are the heavy artillery. make a death hand missile. make alot of devastaters. make running units also make 3 waves of this abd add a few other units at ur want. seperate the three waves. death hand missile right at the construction place. make wave one go in. get the units in there. ten to one ur units will all die in wave one. seperate three devestators and implode them next to important buildings. immediatly bring wave two in. this should do it if the construction yard and factory is gone. bring wave three in if u want it done quicker.

now for atreides same thing make a wave of really good units and a wave of speed units and foot soldiers. send the hawk thing at the biggest group of units in the base u can see n send in wave one. make half get the remaining units and the other half get there asses to the building n bust up the construction yard. then bring in wave two to go for the refinery then factory.

Plz note that u have to make good size waves not 3 or 4 of waves 1 and 2 and say my stratigy sux. for wave one i would say 20 or higher. wave 2 would be about 25 or higher. n a wave three if u need is about 20.  u can go maybe a lil below to like 15 in wave 1 and 20 in wave 2 and 15 for wave three also.

u can have more or less but it always works well within those numbers. very helpful for the new gamer.

This is not just to you but to everyone , don't post if you don't know what your talking about.......And why did u call this ordos strategy , u to give tips on all of them

This is not just to you but to everyone , don't post if you don't know what your talking about.......And why did u call this ordos strategy , u to give tips on all of them

well thats harsh.......

syeline... the thing to realize is first of all as gunwounds has said it, and well apollyon probably realized but didnt say it is that your strategies are fine for AI skirmishes, but when you go online, that is if you find anyone out there to play with online, those strategies go out the window.  First you should either borrow someone elses BO (building order) and then modify it for your own likings... or come up with your own BO from scratch... most BO's are very similar, the general one, at least for low money is wind, barracks, ref, fac, sards, ref, fac... and then go from there based on what your enemy does or how much money you have...

I'm not the best player, now especially, and i never was, you can take my advice or not.  there are thousands of threads with strategy in this strategy board, i would advise that you read through some of them, you can learn a lot, mostly practice makes perfect however.  Go online if you can, play with other people and get the feel for the game.

ya i kno that these strategies do not help online but it helps as a base to many strategies. i have done many different strategies that based from this. all r different. producing is a main thing. People u dont gotta be so insultive. say your strategie dosn't work instead of saying dont post if you dont kno wat ur talking about cuz i did kno i never sed it was a por strategy or that it was excellent. u guys r gettin all pissy about a skirmish strategy damn. Next time if i post i'll have to explain everything out in detail so i dont get bitched at.

the reason i called it ordos strategy was becuase i was gonna make 3 different threads but i decided to make it one to save space and time.

thanx fer reading bye

oh yea one m ore thing thanx for the help gunwounds atleast sum one else realizes i never sed this was for online use. the reason i threw in the super weapons wuz because sum games you n the enemy go on for a long time to help u get the upper hand n win

I see one post in this thread which could be taken at all insultingly:

"This is not just to you but to everyone , don't post if you don't know what your talking about"

It's harshly worded, but fundamentally true.

The rest are statements entirely warranted and plainly said.

No one is 'bitching' or 'gettin all pissy'.

Most people on this site don't require single player strategies and are more concerned with the multiplayer aspect, thus of course you have to "explain everything out in detail".

• 2 months later...

well i say that every1 on here should listen to gunwounds he is probably the best player to play this game and i like your stratigy 4 single skirmish well that is just what i think

wormrider

there are other people just as good as me .... i just happen to win alot because i am a good team player and i have a good "late-game" playstyle which is critical if you are to become an elite player.

But like i said there are lots of great players.... however...the only people i play against that makes me wonder if i will win or lose would be Brennq or Harkdawg

well i say that every1 on here should listen to gunwounds he is probably the best player to play this game and i like your stratigy 4 single skirmish well that is just what i think

wormrider

Are you shure this wormrider is not...I dont know, not taking the piss, but his manner seems to be like he is trying to be sarcastic. Or is it just me reading it like this ?

I could be wrong.

yeah nunu, he is not wrong, gun plays a good game, and is for sure 1 of the best, so it was not ironic. but since there r no more qm games, u dont have to be the best player. no but u need to have good skills and need to be the best teamplayer. u c, yeserday we had some gg`s. when i played with youko, i lost against gun + jeff.....when i played wih darnnoobs, i won them, coz we play together like god and his angels...hehe....darnnoobs leo and apo r probably the best teammates for me. for gun it may be some1 else, and for u another1. but only together u r strong.

the best way is to play with 1 person a lot of games, to train to play together, and not like youko who is trying all the time to make a lonely 1vs1 in a 4vs4 game....hehe

KALONY

no he is being sincere.  he PM'd me for BOs the other day.

ok, my mistake. Just sounded off to me. The kind of words someone would use if they were not being sincere. I must stop being paranoid  ::)

Yes, I know Guns is a very good player, kal !... I have played online myself against/with him.

No offence Guns !