The question on everyone's mind....

Kyle

cya bro ..

honestly its all about the friend infrastructure.

I havent had a problem getting lots of games in the past few months.

but its only because i have a group of friends that i play with regularly and we all know the times we play.

I guess Emperor has evolved into a private "friendship" game.... thus if you are new to emperor and dont have any other friends that play it as well.. chances are you will not ever get a game.

Playing emperor is like going to a bar.

Guns and Leo "How do you ally" Skump0wer is right, it does depend on what time you come on, We have almost has a game of 4 vs 4 recently. Being someone who lives in America, you might find that most of the games we play (and the bussiest time) is too late for you. I would say most games are played around 10:00pm GMT to around 4:00am GMT, thats the usual range.

Seeing as you would probably be about 5 hours ahead, you would be fast asleep when we are battling it out. Could you not arrange for some of you friends in Ameria to play around the same time as you ? Alternitavely, try WOL, there are usually some people on that at all odd tiems.

Guns, what time is it for you when you usually play ? I have seen you online, does that mean you play well into the night ?

nahhhhh.....

dead is only what u call dead. maybe it changes, and gunwounds find the right words for it:

"I guess Emperor has evolved into a private "friendship" game.... thus if you are new to emperor and dont have any other friends that play it as well.. chances are you will not ever get a game.Playing emperor is like going to a bar."

yeah, and i like it like this. coz to play much great 3vs3 in the night, and some funny small games on the day is enough for me. i like to c friends there.

C YALL ONLINE...HEHE...KALONY

• 2 weeks later...

look at me... I have just started playing Emperor 2 weeks ago.

I was never a fan of the 3D RTS stuff... I played Dune1 and Dune2... and stuck to Dune2 for quite a long long time. I stopped playing and after a while started playing Half-Life, CounterStrike and Quake3...

I tested Emperor a few months after its release and didn't like ist. I didn't play any other RTS the whole time, so I was still thinking about good old Dune2 and 2D - I guess that's why I didn't like Emperor the first time I played it.

2 weeks ago a friend of mine gave me his Emperor CDs and I started playing and I enjoy it. A game isn't dead as long as there are some people who play it.

But think about this: CounterStrike is the most popular multiplayer game in the world but in my opinion  THIS game is dead. Although there are so many people who like it. Many leagues, tournaments ... - But there are so many stupid idiots in the scene, too many newbies who are really n00b (newbies are okay, but if they are just too stupid to do just one single thing like its supposed to be done it really sucks). There is insulting all the time, cheating, the whole community has broken and the game got worse with every new version... this is what I call a dead game altough it is more alive than ever before.

btw: sorry for my english if it ain't that good like it should :)

• 2 weeks later...

It will never be dead to me.  I like replaying the SP game (which is a hell of a lot more than I can say about Generals) and I also like to skirmish. I haven't played online for around 2 years though.  :-

• 2 months later...

online play is hughly diffrent to sp games.

try downloading applos ai patch the play comp opponent on speed 8 spice bowl map 10k to get a little idea of online. except human opponents are more cunning and aggresive.

learn unit strengths and weakness then come online and learn from players there. ;)