Favorite Assault Rifle, Pistol, Machine gun, etc...

Avrillian_Sard01

My Saiga squashes a watermelon from 50 meters  8) I have a video somewhere... And since it's automatic, it fires very fast  with shotgun shells. One clip contains 6 sotgun shells. The gun rox.

Well, that has to be a good one  ;D  I like these shotguns for you don't have to aim. It's not exactly a weapon to kill, mostly to hurt. From ten meters you can spread secondary patrons around whole torso.

I've always really liked the MP-40 and the Luger, myself.  I've also always really liked the style of the old Tommygun, with the drum-style barrel and wooden handgrip.  Al Capone style.  Sweet.

tommygun.gif

Whaddaya think of that, flatfoot?

dktracy.jpg  Not now.  Dick's busy.

Your machineguns would still suck if Germans hadn't invented MG-42.

I think your views on this matter are misconstrued, The US's machine guns RAPE the MG42, the browning M2 .50 cal is about 50 years old and still used by the US military. If he is refering to the m-16, the M-16 A2 is a very fine weapon indeed, it was the A1 that had the problems. I see no reason how the norwegian militaries MG42's can possible be better than the US's equipment, we have a military budget slightly smaller than Norway's total revenues.

US military budget (2001) 399.1 billion.

Norway's revues 562 billion

hmm US INVENTED the machine gun, you were saying?

"The Thompson submachine gun or Tommy gun was invented by General John T. Thompson, it was the first hand held machine gun and it helped the allied forces win the First World War. Very large site, look for history and biographical information in the left hand frame."

you were saying?

note, I think they meant second world war, but yeah, MG42 is a machine gun, the US invented the machine gun

I am just saying that MG-42 vas revolutionaly machinegun and probably without it the modern machineguns wouldn't be so effective without it. And few coutnries use it still, so it can't be a bad gun.

And what is the basicgun of normal soldier nowadays? Assault rifle.

And why did you mention Thompson? It isn't a machinegun.

Lowzeewee: Haista paska.

I think your views on this matter are misconstrued, The US's machine guns RAPE the MG42, the browning M2 .50 cal is about 50 years old and still used by the US military. If he is refering to the m-16, the M-16 A2 is a very fine weapon indeed, it was the A1 that had the problems. I see no reason how the norwegian militaries MG42's can possible be better than the US's equipment, we have a military budget slightly smaller than Norway's total revenues.

US military budget (2001) 399.1 billion.

Norway's revues 562 billion

You cannot forget the fact that Germany lost WW2. If they were the winning country(luckily not) it would most possibily that MG42 stays and Browning M2 fades out...

And I thought Sten Gun came before Thompson?

The MG42 laid the groundwork for modern machine guns and fire-suppression weaponry. With a firing rate of 1300 rounds (my favorite description was "1300 one-way-tickets-to-hell") per minute, this was simply an awesome weapon. I think its debatable who invented the first machinegun, America or Germany, but those early Gatling and Maxim guns had neither the firing rate nor the reliability of the MG42. The Germans took the concept of the machinegun and made a powerful, reliable, and useful weapon. Perhaps other nations would still have developed powerful machineguns like the MG42 even if it had not existed, but I doubt that we would have had such things as the .50 cal or even the SAW as early as we did without the groundbreaking concepts put forward by the MG.

And I thought Sten Gun came before Thompson?

Nope. Sten Gun was designed because Thompson was so expensive. Originally Sten was desiged to be a disposable weapon that allies would use on the landing of Normandy, but they trashed the idea.

Nope. Sten Gun was designed because Thompson was so expensive. Originally Sten was desiged to be a disposable weapon that allies would use on the landing of Normandy, but they trashed the idea.

They trashed the idea of a disposable weapon?

You know, a pun is the lowest form of humor.

;)

The MG42 laid the groundwork for modern machine guns and fire-suppression weaponry. With a firing rate of 1300 rounds (my favorite description was "1300 one-way-tickets-to-hell") per minute, this was simply an awesome weapon. I think its debatable who invented the first machinegun, America or Germany, but those early Gatling and Maxim guns had neither the firing rate nor the reliability of the MG42. The Germans took the concept of the machinegun and made a powerful, reliable, and useful weapon. Perhaps other nations would still have developed powerful machineguns like the MG42 even if it had not existed, but I doubt that we would have had such things as the .50 cal or even the SAW as early as we did without the groundbreaking concepts put forward by the MG.

germany bought their early machine guns from us, the machine gun was invented by Maxim, an american living in Maine.