• Jessica
    • Alia
    • Darwi Odrade
    • Murbella
    • Hwi Noree
    • Siona

I'm currently reading Dune Messiah and now Paul has to make a choice:

Irulan or Chani?

Irulan is a Bene Gesserit and a doughter of an exemperor.

Chani is a fremen but not noble born

I'd choose Irulan - smart, trained pretty 8)

Who'd you choose? ( Don't care about the storyline...)

As Alexander Ordos put it who would you choose? It has been over two years since the thread has started, and I figured some views may have changed.

It would also be nice to have a new poll.

http://www.dune2k.com/forum/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=3404

Some additions can be added as well from other books:

Would you choose Murbella, Taraza, Odrade or Alia? or whoever just say. :P

I could have sworn I posted which I wanted in the other threads.

But I would have to say Irulan. So clean and such. And rich enough to pay off my liabilities!

Although having to put up with her father would be a killer, and all that political nonsense. Listening to Irulan would not be fun, she has the voice! It would be impossible to block her out of my mind when I don't want to pay attention.

And if I got with Chani a fremen might challenge me to the death or something. :(

Long term: Chani in Arrakeen palace.

Short term: Irulan, get 1/2 of everything she owns. ;D

And the obvious answer to last question would be Murbella.

Those scenes in the books make her look good! lucky Duncan, *grumbles*

Tar and Dar too old, Alia is possessed...

Who would you choose?

Well, there are many interesting women in Duniversem but perhaps most fascinating is Irulan. Intellectual and yet not as proud, as you would expect from emperor's daughter. Visage is a thing of imagination, but as I expect that Chani would be some brownish semitic and Irulan an aryan, don't take it as racism or other nonsense, I think that Irulan would be even visually prettier. But that's individual. Chani could have more natural beauty. So, if we remain in info provided by books about them, I would choose Irulan.

Muad'Dib (and Chani especially...) looked like a primitive near her. However he knew Chani first and married Irulan only for throne. Maybe wild fremen is all what he needed to fulfill his tastes for his short life. If he would rule more from his planet, and less trough the djihad, Irulan would be much more worthy for him.

Rene:  Forget Dar and Tar!  Bellonda, baby!  She's enough to equal far more than two women.

Err, seriously, though, I think physically, Irulan sounds better.  She's also more refined and intellectual.  But Chani has the wisdom of life.  I think Paul made the right choice, overall.  :)

Oh, and don't forget to add Hwi Noree to the list, if you do make a poll.  She was quite an interesting character.

While you are busy, add Ghanima to the list as well (when she is a bit older, say 20)

And you can drop Bellonda. All she could ever say was: "Nah, we should kill Duncan." "Nah, we should kill Duncan." "Nah, we should kill Duncan."

I can't make polls. :)

So we got Irulan, Chani, Jessica, Wensicia (?), Reverend mother Gaius Helen Mohiam, Alia, Ghanima, Tar, Dar, Bellonda, Murbella, Hwi Noree, Sheeana, Siona, Sibiha-->Namri's niece (gave leto II spice at Jacarutu or something)

Am I missing any?

VOTE!!

Well Irulan is good for being pawn and something ..... whatever other than that she is pretty dumb.

I would have prefered Alia after Dune but in the COD she bacame the villain and her mother was still bene gesserit deep inside so I do not like her that much also.

Chani is the best. She is the best fighter ( remind you Alia and Jessica also are great fighters but not near Chani ), not that it would matter but she has noble blood line as her father is Liet Kynes and her mother is relative to ( sister I think ) Stilgar. She has wisdom of her father and leadership ability like her uncle Stilgar.

EDIT : Ghanima was more significant as young one. Afterwards all she could do was to produce children for the dynasty ( die nasty go it he he  ;D ).

Chani is the best. She is the best fighter ( remind you Alia and Jessica also are great fighters but not near Chani ), not that it would matter but she has noble blood line as her father is Liet Kynes and her mother is relative to ( sister I think ) Stilgar. She has wisdom of her father and leadership ability like her uncle Stilgar.

Chani would never beat a BG!

And Irulan is not dumb...

Irulan is not dumb, but I can understand not liking her. I didn't for a while, but now I think she is one of the most interesting characters. However, I still like Chani better... I guess I just like the fremen girls more. They are the strong, "free spirit" image, which I admire more. I dunno. Can't really decide, but I'll vote for Chani. ::)