Trojan/Virus

Okay, sorry if I don't normally reply to my own topics in technical support, but I tend to figure the solutions out myself before a response is posted - however, I have no clue with this one. A little box pops up periodically with C:/WINDOWS in the IE minimized box and I can't maximize it, plus, this same thing (I'm presuming) keeps re-setting my IE homepage. What I've done is scanned over and over with both Norton and Adaware 6.0 and they pick up nothing, any ideas? And no, I can't reformat at the moment, or I would of about 10 hours ago.

I don't know, can't maximize it. Besides, I don't think its a pop-up because I only view Fed2k and get it and it's titled C:WINDOWS. Its gone now but I still can't access IE because about four pop-ups come up and it drags me to some random site even after I set the homepage to something different.

What I've done:

Scanned with Norton several times

Scanned with Adaware 6.0 several times

Defrag'ed three times

Disk Clean-up'd two times

Also, I have the Windows XP firewall on.

click this link to start a download of a program called HIJACK THIS http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

when the download is complete run the program, and click a button called "SCAN" when the scan is complete, you should have a list of approx 20 entries, do a google on the ones with numbers and if google says they are trojans, delete them.

it works good alongside Voodoo Daddy Shredder.

Shy