FED2K chess tournament[ Players pls check!]

lowzeewee

OK people of Group 1 and 2, Gunwounds from Group 1 and Super from Group 2 have switched places to enable easier playing. :)

Grp 1:

ExSPlug

Sardaukar Elite

Rookie

Gunwounds

Grp 2:

Dunenewt P1 W0 D0 L1 0pts

Cyborg P2 W2 D0 L0 6pts

Khan P1 W0 D0 L1 0pts

Super

@Khan and Super: Though you 2 played before, you have to replay again. ;D

@Gunwounds: Sorry but I had to change the grouping to help the people in the 2 groups, sorry that you had already arranged with Khan, but this time you have 2 fellow americans in your group so it should be better for you. Sorry for inconvenience. :(

Group 1 people, you all live in the USA so get yourselves organized! The time difference between the states aren't much...

Group 2, I expect your results will come out shortly since you all live quite near to each other and come online at the same time usually.

Group 3 is completed.

Group 4...this is the tricky one....

Um, why are you giving 3 pointd for a win? Is not the standard 1 point for a win, 0.5 for a draw and 0 for a loss? (Not that you've had any draws, so it won't affect it).

AHUM, me and Lowzeewee drew, and might I add that he proceeded to the 2nd round!

Even the 1-0.5-0 system doesn't make much difference. Lowzeewee would have 1.5 pt while EWS just 0.5

The major difference between the two ranking systems is that the 3-1-0 favors those who win over those who draw (one win is equal to 3 draws, while with the 2-1-0 or 1-0.5-0 systems one win equals just two draws).

Yeah no matter what I still qualify.

Gunwounds and ExSPlug, I contacted you both since you two are online now. If you can, play your game. 3 more days for you people who didn't play at all to get disqualified. lol. :D

OK ExSPlug's GMT is same as mine since its +8, guess its since he lives in HK while I live in SG and the timeline is same for us. Gunwounds is 13 hours before us.

ExSPlug and Gunwounds, both of you come online at ExSPlug time 10AM/Gunwounds time 7PM to discuss and play ok? You can use MSN's free chess.

"I am doing it football league/tournament-style."

Uh, why? Why not Chess tournament style, seeing as it's a chess competition and all.

"The major difference between the two ranking systems is that the 3-1-0 favors those who win over those who draw (one win is equal to 3 draws, while with the 2-1-0 or 1-0.5-0 systems one win equals just two draws)."

With the chess system, there will always be the same number of points in the tournament as there are games. For example: two players who play each other twice and draw twice have the same score as if they had each won and lost one, which makes more sense.

@syczek: You can join the league/ladder when our cup tournament is over. :)

@Sard: Hmm....1 h behind Gunwounds and 14 hours behind ExSPlug.

To play Gunwounds, you need to be free betweeen 6PM to 11PM to get hold of him since that is his free time.

@NF: I don't think it really makes much difference, judging by testing it on Group 3, which makes the standings still the same...

I dunno, you guys gotta decide yourselves, you guys are only 1 hour apart...so since Gunny said he is on 6-11PM according to YOUR time, so you just gotta be on then. I think you guys should use MSN, AIM or some messenger programs to contact each other and see when each of you are online.