Which Dune novel did you like the best?

chanilewalia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There seem to be general agreement -> book one was best. i read another book but i can't remember which one. It was about this worm dude having Duncan ghola after ghola. These days i prefer Wheel of time by Robert Jordan. Best books i've ever read (may the Dune Inqiusition not read this). Robert Jordan was realy a highly-decorated soldier so his books has a sertain atmosphere absent in most fiction.

• 9 months later...

Probably Dune itself but I might be tempted to say the last book. Everyone in Chapterhouse has a different agenda and it shows how little politics have changed within organizations, governments, and people in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually Sand Wraith there was supposed to be a 7th book. Brian Herbert found a lot of notes in a safety deposit box of his father's that Frank Herbert was planning a book after Chapterhouse. I bet it would be set right after Chapterhouse and would better explain the ending.

Guest Leto Atreides II

Yeah, but Frank Herbert and his "partner" (who probably does all the work) Anderson can't write for their lives. Notes don't mean a thing if you can't turn it into a decent work of literature. The difference between the book Frank could produce with those notes and that which Anderson could produce is like the difference between what Anderson could produce w/ the notes and what a 2nd grader could do with those notes.

GOD EMPEROR IS THE BEST! Leto II forever! Poor Leto II and Hwi... Sniff.

The reason I liked God Emperor was the fact of what happens to Leto II. After he puts the symbinite gel on he is no longer himself he becomes the worm in so many ways IMO. Paul said something like he could not do it and Leto felt that he should it just makes me ask so many questions through the series after that I have yet to find answers to with other Dune readers.

Paul didn't want to do it because he was afraid it wouldn't work, like Leto himself said, it would bring the typhoon struggle, and Paul didn't think Humanity would survive it as everything he had been taught about survival (keep moving, never allow yourself to stagnate) is the opposite of the golden path, which is enforced stagnation.

Hmmmm do think the forced stagnation on the universe did any real good and where do we see the results from Leto's reign whether good or bad? Does the Golden path really force this stagnation or is it something else? As Leto dies he says something about they we not see what I have done. What was it really and how do we identify it in the next novel?

• 2 weeks later...