Why?

salikadali

Why do humans play games? just curious to know what some of you guys think.

Being a gamer myself, I often wonder, because it is fun, and I am seriously considering designing some games. I suppose there are serious games, which somecan be called survival, and then nonserious games, like sports, which simulate competition. I guess nature is competitive, predator/prey, most of the games we play for fun are non-life threatening, which is a good thing in my opinion.:)

Well i think that games give us opertunitys to use parts of are brain we would not use in are evreday life.

RTS. to make you stratagise in building a base and making a plan of atack.

FPS. wene i play a fps its usaly after alonge day and i want to frag something. Anger manegment therepy.

fighting games. same as fps.

Rpg. gives you a chance to read and also make a plan of a atack. ect.

also i was reading a discover magizeen artical about how there useing videogames to treat ADD. so not only is gaming fun but they are finding it thereputric.

Thnx for replies. ExAtr- Some good pts.- I guess games can be theraputic some what. RPG/adventure games are kind of like reading fiction, except you can become or create the characters, which is fun. FPS- stress relief, I like Tribes2, TFC, although, TFC can have alot of sh*t talking sometimes, which gets old. Have any of you played/or finished Half-Life? A great game, I was amazed at the end, when you had to fight a demon called Nihilanth, or something like that, I mean, the analogy is your fighting Nihilism, which I thought was very clever. Its making a (somewhat obscure) philosophical point with a FPS, and its a fun game, with a great(although aging) game engine.

Games are good for you, but homework and reading are better ;)

My own little philosophy is that we are here to have joy, but sometimes you have to do unpleasant things to cause greater joy in the long run :)

That's just the way I see things, ask a million people and you will probably get a million different answers.