Emperor 2

• 3 months later...

Dig up an older thread  :P

How about Emperor 2 having the ability to give money to your ally/allies ? How many time do I hear an ally telling me that they have no money and I have lots, but cannot help them without giving a ref (only feasable with one ally) ?

There are more, but I can never remember them whe I find this thread.

1.) Quick Match option

2.) Hero units option (like in Generals, but not to the extent of being possibly complicated and uber like in Warcraft 3...)

3.) Tech Level (mentioned earlier by someone already, just reiterating)

4.) Special Homeland terrain (naval units on Caladan?)

5.) Event-based less dynamic compaign (mentioned earlier again) OR a Realistic Politics game (able to control your own exports, etc.)

6.) Units that only see what's before them (a weird feature), meaning it's possible to backstab a unit by attacking it from behind yet not having the assailant stealthed.

7.) Saboteurs do more damage to buildings (or use Dun2000 Saboteurs without the cloaking device)

8.) More variety of subhouse units.

9.) RPG mode.

10.) More players (mentioned earlier).

11.) No superweapons (let the Palace do anything but superweapons...)

12.) More houses.

13.) Day and night (makes the torchlights used by infantry and spotlights of vehicles more useful)

14.) More terrain types, eg. sietches

15.) Various skirmish modes.

16.) Flexibility of Warcraft 3.

*The same ownage gameplay

*The same ownage balance

*The same ladder & ranking & clan system (as a few years ago)

*Keep the fact that there aren't any profiles, only ladders or tournaments

*Overall better online service: You are already in a chat channel when u go online, more patches even after some years...

*Maybe one new house

*Maybe one or two new subhouses.

*Better graphics

*Changing and balancing off al units

*Adding some new buildings/units to the game

*KEEP the engineers (removed in CnC)

*Some original new gameplay elements

• 4 weeks later...

If you had to make a sequel for this game what would you put in it?

Fixes:

Fix the hawkstrike/chaos lightning bug on Harkonnen ADP.

Make the AAMines less expensive and more effective.

Add:

Add Garrisons in the maps or give the ability to construct Garrisons.

Make the Corriolus Storms appear randomly on the map rather than just the south of the battlefield.

Include Team Battle among computers in skirmish or multiplayer games.

Daytime/Nighttime effect

Why hadn't I noticed this thread before?!

I think there's scope for a much more realistic micromanagement AI (with the possibility to override, of course). Just as ThreatAvoidCoefficient for TS (and possibly previous) harvesters was possible, so too could stealthed units try to avoid enemies who could see them. I also think this AI should improve as the campaign progresses, so that you have to be much more aware of the dangers of spice mining to begin with - later on, spotter/carryall teams can let you concentrate on fighting (though areas richer in spice might have more frequent worm visits).

I would like a return to Dune II style building - every factory should be able to make units independently. Granted, this would require factories to cost more than some of the units they produce (and what a horribly unrealistic thing that would be), but I think a rebalancing of the infantry/vehicle/structure/aircraft dynamics would be good thing, particularly when there's an opportunity to instil more 'desert power' into it.

I think while it wouldn't have been feasible to make a game like Dune II which had powerful hand-to-hand combat and so forth, I do think the Duniverse's weaponry questions can be realised in a game made today. Shields really can make AP projectile weapons the exception rather than the norm, lasers can be used on Arrakis when worms make shields obsolete, and knives, flechettes, maulas, and so forth can really be given the scope they deserve. And that includes more multi-weaponed units like the Sardaukar Elites.

"Make the Corriolus Storms appear randomly on the map rather than just the south of the battlefield"

I hadn't noticed that - but now you mention it, it does actually make sense, so long as the battle occurs (as would be logical) in the northernmost 60

I would like a return to Dune II style building - every factory should be able to make units independently.

that was great, I'd like to add thie feature in a sequel, too.

other changes:

- more single-player missions like mission 4 & 7

- better AA weapons for house ordos & another air attacking unit

- more subhouse units (maybe seperated bar & fac but 4-6 units per subhouse)

- slightly adjusting some units (range, firepower, speed... but still keeping the game belanced)

- an option to disable living world in single player modus

actually the game is very good right now and even the graphic kicks ass if you set everythhing on high, so I guess my improvements would be more like an expansion-pack and a patch to fix some things but a whole new emperor... I don't know, I think there should be a lot more then and right now I don't know what this could be as the game is very good...

i never played another game in my live than dune2 and emperor....i tried a fwe other games, but they didnt kicked me....but emperor...u know why? because its SIMPL and FAST!!!

i dont want so much more units or hotkeys or magics or anything else. i wanna play and make strats. emperor has that flow.

every1 know, that there r some units like the guildmaker, the saboteur or the contaminator. u can change them and create new units or upgrade them, but that should be all. dont make emperor to a difficult game!!

KALONY

PS.: yall should have seen me playing WC3...lol...

I would change some things:

- more Subhouse units (4-5).

- Contaminator, Guild Maker and saboteaur fixed to be more effective.

- Storms also fixed so they would seem more like sand storm and not a tornado. Fog of war like, to be difficult to see an area.

- Superweapons (Hawk strike and Chaos lightning) also fixed to be more effective.

- Ordos AA mines more effective.

- engineers could do more than just take buildings or a new unit MCV/engineer like to create defenses in sand (bunkers).

- more 8 players maps or big game maps so that the strategy would pass by better defenses and not so much about quick attacks. So, it would be great to see 2 types of games.

- a new defense unit like a box machinegun but huge, and huge firing sequence at once to clear up swarms of minos or tanks or other vehicle units. The reloading would be very slow. It would have to be deployed to fire and would be very slow moving. The cost would be also really expensive.

- In Dune 2 there was a building called Repair factory or something like that, it would be great to all houses have one, besides Atreides have their repair vehicle, so we could keep our veteran units.

- In the Dune movie there was a huge shield covering the Atreides base, it could be done in the game too.

- In the single campaign mode I would change the impossibility to conquer all Arrakis (it is impossible to controll the whole planet, not only because you have to choose which city you attack, but also because the is always violent storms in 2 territories...).

Besides that, the game is almost perfect, even today the graphics are awesome!

Or Emperor 2 can be more about marine or infantries cos in book they say theyr war was onli about man on man whit swords some guns and hard machines was used onli in realy big battels. Every units will be sendet on planet by Frigates. So you can do more landing to enemi base whit more units and frigates will can fight too while yours unit will protect new positions

yes...what ebout emperor 2 like commandos. You have a small group of assasins and you have to infiltrate the ememy base and complete some task there. But more i want emperor like that first but in new very very good graphcs...sshit...my teacher is looking on me...i must end:-))) lol

yes...what ebout emperor 2 like commandos. You have a small group of assasins and you have to infiltrate the ememy base and complete some task there. But more i want emperor like that first but in new very very good graphcs...sshit...my teacher is looking on me...i must end:-))) lol

I dont talk about Emperor like about RPG game. It will be still coolest strategi game but there will be more infantries and sardakaurs and fremens and bifour yours attacks you must make some planes how to landing and where you send more of yours units and where you build some bases or artileri forts and use more Ornitophers you know what i mean  :P And it will by on more largest MAP where you can make some strategi traps  8)

Id like to make a point before i dissapear off the map, The reason why alot of new players didnt stick around was because you guys had small communities, like gunwounds for example, he would kick any new players from his games, there were a few others that did the same. Besides that new players dont have a chance of beating any old players the veterans are about a step away of becoming mindless lumps of gas emmiting drones that react to an action with a certain routine, It takes the fun out of the game. Next time you see a new player try something new, like pairing him with someone who atleast knows how to ally

well there you have it he said

Does anyone else have the problem of "giving" their units away to an ally in a 4 player game, by accident ?

I manage this many times by having units selected, and quickly typing "ok", or "other side" or anything beginning with "o". This is typed in the box, but still affects my units and i end up giving away half my army to my ally, and sometimes i get some plonkers who cant read my CAPS locked text pleading for my men back.

Man that stinks. ???

But many times my allies have their brains working and listen when I ask for them back (some w*nk*rs actually take my men and go on a rampage >:() but if my ally hands them back its no problem and i carry on and win, its just annoying when they are asleep.

P + O is a sick thing to do though.  ;D

yeah nunu, i have this problem verry often, especially in laggy games, duno y......i lost some games coz of this....the only way is to make everything slow....pressing enter, wait a sec, write down what u want...wait a sec, press enter again....but oh well, sometimes i dont have that tiome....

any other solutions???

KALONY

i know exactly what u mean nunu and it has always pissed me off...when u hit it typing "go" or "now" or "ok" and it gives them all to ur teammate...and then whens its someone like dav that doesnt see GIVE MY UNITS BACK PLEASE or someone else who is obsessed with themselves

i changed my button from "o" under the options after i lost a game because of that so hope that solves ur problem