Emperor 2

More players.

Id like to make a point before i dissapear off the map, The reason why alot of new players didnt stick around was because you guys had small communities, like gunwounds for example, he would kick any new players from his games, there were a few others that did the same. Besides that new players dont have a chance of beating any old players the veterans are about a step away of becoming mindless lumps of gas emmiting drones that react to an action with a certain routine, It takes the fun out of the game. Next time you see a new player try something new, like pairing him with someone who atleast knows how to ally

Instead of preaching how about going to see what playing emp is actually like now. No one kicks from any games and I've played with and given advice to many new players personally, many of whom are registered on this site, though many are not. I think you just come off sounding bitter because maybe it was you who got kicked from various games. I also don't see how saying "It takes the fun out of the game" is at all valid, because it may take the fun out for you, but it doesn't for the vast majority of us, and I don't even see it as a big problem myself at all, simply due to the large possible variation in how you can react. If everyone reacted identically it would be impossible for anyone to win.

Erm, sorry about this Apo, but I get kicked  a good few times, and I actually sympathise with the guy. Even if he has got a funny name...

No, hang on, its me with the funny name  ???

And I do agree that it doesnt help the community. I have moaned about this on this forum a bit in a thread, and generally to anyone who will hear me moan (usually leo, when him and me get jiggy  ;D)

As recently as 2 weeks ago, and I only EVER use one nick, nununuerj, except when I cannot login. Then its my brothers h3avymtl. At the time it was nununuerj.

So yes is the answer, but not as much now as before. Before it was bad. Its a shame, because Emp is a lovely game with some real enthoosiats (couldnt spell it without Word so I never tried).

Hey, I am satified, I got a free moan. I wasn't hung up, I just play with nicerer people, like you apo (when I can tell who YOU are, Mr ManyNames  >:(). Plus jeffs back online, so I am not going to worry about the kicking too much.

I assure you, dearest Apo, one is completely over ones hangups about one being kicked out of more than one game in ones history. One hopes one need not reapeat ones self.

Wow. Never put so many ones in a post before. Thats the first one with so many. ONE for the record books I think.

ONE more here. ONEce again ! One last time. I am not worried, was just agreeing with the obviously upset Duncun Ghola.

ONE more here. ONEce again ! One last time. I am not worried, was just agreeing with the obviously upset Duncun Ghola.

Erm you seem to have missed the point. I never said you were worried, and my prior post was intended to clarify that...  ::)

Personally i'd rather get asked to leave thatn get kicked. It's only manners after all rather than just kicking just say we got a rematch going or look your not in our league so just leave please.  ;) but unfortunately there is still one or too unpolite people out there who just kick with no explanation or even a simple word.  >:(

Manners cost nothing after all

OMG ! Oh brilliant ! A true moan thread.  8)

Alchemi, I think most of us are reasonable polite people who would leave when asked. But like you said some poeple are too rude to ask, and find kicking is easier, and it does cause resentment.

Well, I would like to throw my 2 cents worth in. On the first count I would like to see the game be more stable. And make the AI be able to allie, and make it smarter.

On the second topic, I have to disagree with duncan ghola and nunu. My friend Whistler and I have only been playing a few months, and we were talking about this the other day. The people we have met online have been nothing but great. The FIRST time we tried to play online my game was joined by jeff, after realizing that we were new, instead of just killing us he taught us alot and would routinely join our games just to teach us, then he disappeared for a while so we would play whoever, just to learn, Everone else has been very helpfull, Apollyon, and erjin, have helped me alot, both ingame and outside through correspondence, and given me good advice about the game and computers. (btw, appol, I took your advice, my new 'Puter arrives in about 2 weeks, Althon 3200- 1.5 gigs of ram- 160 gig hard drive- radeon graphics card with 256 megs of on board memory) Kalony, herm, rainer, darkd3th, scar5150, pearlmans, nobody, and the list goes on and on. Granted, I usually host my games, but even when I don't I have never been asked to leave or booted (and I am not very good yet, I'm definately not someone people would fight over to have on there team) Scar once told me that it used to be very different, but I think the community is good now.

I would like to see the people here that play put there in game niks in there signature, so u know who you are playing.

I also go to wol once in a while to look for people. last night I ran into 2 guys from holland and told them about dune2k so hopefully they will come over, I had 2 good games with them. I  actually WON one WOO HOO!!! well thats enough for now see you all online.....

Vodoo, I know the feeling when you start to win games, its brilliant, and good for you, hopefully you will get better and better and start to beat those "elites" who have been resting on their laurels and playing other games  :)

As for name in signature, its been there in mine from day one. I have seen others do it and its a sensible thing to do.

Like Scar told you, it did used to be a fair bit worse with regards to getting kicked off games, hosted yourself or not. I mean if you join "their" game, you stood a good chance of getting kicked, and "they" would not join your game from the lobby.

Nowadays the community is very very good. A bunch of great guys, and occasionally (hopefully !) girls.

By the way, did you realise that I am nununuerj & Erjin ? Just seems from your post that it may not have been clear to you...  :P

Hey Guys this is Whistler here. (GG's neighbor, hence the name...)

On the 1st topic:

I'd love to see more surface to surface missles of some kind, not like the mobil Hark units but more of a small silo setup like Starcraft has but with a more graphic delivery. The one in the game now is good but more graphics on it would make it just that much better. Also maybe an airship that has small fighters in it that deploy upon command.

On the 2nd topic

I'd like to agree with GG in saying I havent been kicked out of any games since he and I have started playing online. I have never even been asked to leave a game because I didnt have enough experience. GG and I have been asked to join games to watch and learn, as well as play as a team against one other player. Now even though we have had our butts kicked, each and every time has been a great learning experience with the "elite" players. Jeff, Spoon, Skar, and even Gunwounds have been great to us newbies.

I enjoy playing against you guys even though you most of the time, ok... all of the time destroy any hope I have of surviving. Each time GG and I play we get a little better and learn a little more. That is what is keeping us on here, not just the game itself...

Hi Whistler. Emp is my first online game too.

It seems that multinicking has more than one purpose. A good few months ago, if you wanted to play against a wierdo called Navros/Cyrenius you would probably get kicked unless he never recognised your nick, so yes, a bit of what oyu said, so others would not know who you were. I had people come along and say they are noobs, and then wipe the floor with me (Wow ! Like thats hard  ;)) then disappear.

But this is not the case anymore. These days it is used when the game crashes and the server will not let you back in with that nick, because it thinks you are already logged in or something like that. Well, then just choose another nick.

The good thing is these days, thos people that DO have more than 1 nick make it very clear. They do not tend to hide it and that to me is just fine.

Me I never had many names , I just have about 6 names , only changed it once in a while cause the older name I didn't like anymore or somthhing . And I got my current name (darkd3th) since I was in the clan dark , hence the dark in front of my name . Also like u said some people cheated because they may have lost a bunch of times in the begining of the tournament , so they did that as a second chance .

(to whistler and voodoo daddy or to anyone that needs help) I'm always willing to help somone , just send me a message in this forum and maybe we could set up a time for us to play to help u get the hang of whatever your trying to do. (i'm sure anyone else will be willing also)

no, we dont kick ppl, except we got a game.....and sometimes, we kick a lagger, when we know, that the game will lag out after 5 min in a 6 ppl game....the only prob is, that sometimes r 8 people on the server, but 8 wont work, and no1 want to leave, so we host new, and get a 4 ppl game....if there comes more they get kicked...but not coz thexy r new.

KALONY

ps.: i would like to c nunu online again...hehe....come plz i wont kick ya

You cheeky mainland eurpoean ! Wont kick me ?! Your too afraid to play in the same game as me ! With you its not kicking you or getting kicked, you run away. Hehehe.

I am working on it right now kal. Hopefully will be online soon. And yes, you are right about the reasons people *might* get kicked now days. Still, I think its polite to ask someone to leave, not to kick.

yeah sure....i never kick, i always ask them to leave, or i reghost....but i know there r some guys who kick for this reasons.....i wont tell names...LOL

KALONY

@nunu....me and afraid, thats like me and eating champinions.....lol....i hate them

THIS IS OUT OF PLACE. IT WAS UP A FEW. MIKE POSTED ON MY MACHINE AND DIDN'T LOG OFF. SO IT WAS ME NUNU.

Hi nunu, yes i see what you mean, after re-reading my post. I knew who you were. also I have a question. This is because Emperor is my first game, and i am still learning about gaming in general. What is the purpose of multi niks? Is this from when there were tournaments or something? Like if you got killed early in some sort of play off, you could come back secretly as someone else?

What does that mean ? Champinions ? Is that some kind of food name ? Anyway, I get what you mean. But even when I do come online to kick butt, you go off and play in another host (yes, there is sometiems more than one host, even in this day and age ::)). I will just have to hunt you down.

Emperor 2 could have some way of showing other games that are being hosted when you are in a hosted game yourself. Thats something I have always wanted from Emp. Instead of having to send someone to check ifI am hosting, or closing my hosted game down and then hosting again and redoing the settings...

@ Voodoo, I figured as much, as you mentioned re-reading your post. Hey, #Dont worry. Be happy#