Dune Legacy?

Shinryuu

A couple of months ago, I have sent TonyD an e-mail with some bug reports, suggestions and other stuff (at the address that was in the Dune Legacy readme file), and I haven't received any answers yet. Anyway, this project has a page at Sourceforge (sorry, can't remember the exact URL, go to SFroge and find it via search if you're interested), and there you can send a private message within the SForge network. But for this you have to be a registered member, as it seems.

Shame that, Dune Legacy was looking really good.

Thanks for the info, anyway, and if someone else wants to pick up the project, I'll personally sponsor your claim to sainthood ;)

P.S If anyone wants a game, I'm still keen. Khan_Ward@hotmail.com

Is anyone seriously interested in working on Dune Legacy? I'm not very skilled, but if we can get a couple of people interested we might be able to revive the project. Email me at Shinryuu@hotmail.com if you are interested.

• 2 weeks later...

A thought. DL is an almost complete project, and the changes that would be necessary are minor 'cosmetic' ones. Some time ago, when I first downloaded and played DL, I've even made a small bugs/suggestions list, here it is:

Gameplay:

- crude GUI

- gameplay speed is madly FAST

- screenshots made via PrtSc are corrupt (maybe only on my PC?)

- sand dunes don't lower the speed of units moving across them

- no Barracks, only WORs

- no graphics that would show the super weapon reload progress

- there is no cost variety of units bought at starports. The cost should vary between 50% and 125% of normal cost

- structures built without concrete (when the 'concrete required' option is on) start with 50% health but don't further erode and take damage

Houses:

- Ordos build Trikes instead of Raiders and also build Missile Tanks (in Dune 2, they were availiable only via Starport for Ordos)

- Harkonnen have both Light infantry and Troopers, and so do Atreides

Graphics:

- some animation sequences (smoke from damaged vehicles, infantry movement, sand from a harvester) are too fast and rapid

- when rocks are damaged by missiles, the damage graphics remain there for ever, and if something is built over the damaged area, they cover the graphics of the structure built over it

- windtrap's flag's color always remains red, no matter which color has it's owning player

- radar on the outpost doesn't rotate

- when tanks are moving, their turrets don't rotate to face the direction they move (as in the original Dune 2)

- some ground vehicles don't leave tracks on sand/spice

That's not much really, is it? It's a pity I have laughable programming skills, but if we can involve somebody who understands in this, the project may go! ;D As for me, I could improve the GUI in my spare time