3/9 Discussion Topic - Balance

davo

This week's discussion topic coincides with the current poll - do u think Emperor is balanced?

Below I have listed the poll answers to get the thread kicking.

• Yes, each House is weak/strong depending on the situation.
  • It needs some small tweaks.
  • No, it's really unbalanced.
  • Yes, all Houses are equal.

[Edit - to removed an excessive amount of blank lines :D]

I guess it would depend on the situation. Some units of a certain House are best for defense as they are either too slow to go anywhere or attract worms, and other units from a different House are best for offense due to their speed and firepower. Each House has it's high points and low points. I think WestWood did a great job balancing the Houses - even if it might frustrate some people.

the atreides are my favorites becuase the are so balanced but with the harks I can't use the same tactics so it gets annoying but I then make new ones up that work with atreides and the ordos are not my kind of house because the usuale tank ruse won't work unless u have so many tanks like u out number them 4/1(usind las tanks) but 8 mongooses are effectiv and the same cost but u just biuld a third as much.

Every house has its own weaknesses and strengths dependent upon each situation.  Such as hark versus Ordos.  The Harks have slow moving but powerful units, the Ordos have faster and weaker units, I have taken out a devestator before with 3 laser tanks.  Next Ordos versus Atreides.  Mostly balanced because the Atreides are average all the way around and have some of the best units in the game.  Like I said it just depeneds on the situation and the tactical skill of the player.

Balance is one of the main strong points of Emperor. This game's more balanced than Red Alert. I mean, if you don't think the game's balanced, there's no point point playing it.

Even though I like the Atreides, I can see how the other two houses can be good in certain situations and in the hands of certain players.

Well, that's what I think anyway. Everybody else is entitled to their own stupid opinion.

Sorry 'bout the double posting thing.