Warcraft 3

lost_child

Specify which game of W3 you're using. I use Reign Of Chaos, you could have meant Frozen Throne.

I don't play W3 very much. I either play Knights Online (Great Game, I love it, go check the thread for link & so.) Or I also Call Of Duty. Very rarely I'll play Battlefield Vietnam.

yeah agreed, the Naga were pretty neat. But all in all.. TFT is pretty neat online, with the new maps, creeps and units. Although i'm not too much a fan of all of the new units(some can be extremely annoyingly effective at times), i do like the new heroes. (I only like the warden when i'm playing her though, as the's incredibly annoying)

Just out of curiosity, can you play in multiplayer frozen throne games as some of the new races, like the Naga, Dranei, etc?

Yes, in fact you can...

There are many maps where new races are implemented.

Those maps are basically just edited normal maps where one of the teams are switched for another.

Well I just don't know if it would, but I suppose if two people had the same map and stuff it could well work.

Play Warcraft 3 and then you will realise that maps are transfered to everyone's computer on joining a game...

I'm working on a map script, which should be able to be applied to all melee maps, without changing any other side or any of their units.

If you want to be Naga, all you have to do is to select the Humans, and then you get the option, once the game has started, choose between Humans and the Naga.

I've changed the Naga side, however, otherwise they were too much overpowered. Since you didn't need to upgrade your Main Building (Temple of the Tides) and could train Naga Myrmidons almost right from the beginning...

The Tavern now doesn't let you hire the Naga Sea Witch anymore (but with the coming Goblin Tinker you can then still hire there 5 heroes) because that one is Naga, including a Mur'gul hero, and a Revenant hero. (3 heroes, instead of 4, that is the Naga disadvantage)

Right now however, I'm still having problems with applying all Naga interface sounds, and I need to do some balancing.

Edric O did make a map named "Forest of the Naga" where the Orcs were replaced with the Naga, there the Naga race was practically the same as in the campaign, except that you could hire the Naga Sea Witch and the Naga Royal Guard heroes.

He once uploaded as attachment, which is now gone, so you should have to ask him if he wants to publish it again...