another quickie

orlok

Wow! It looks great, BUT... the moons are too close. The smaller one is already on a collision course with Arrakis, or it is desintegrating into a ring. The larger one is so big and so close that it should cause giant tidal waves, several kilometers high.

Don't challenge the official astronomy freak of the forums! ;D

Hey man, this guy creates better graphics than most software companies, enlightens us with breathtaking Dune pictures, and you start telling him the moons are too close and might crash? That's lame.

[glow=red,2,300]Ri[/glow][glow=green,2,300]p[/glow][glow=red,2,300]er[/glow]

I was just saying that the image isn't realistic, that's all. I like space images to be astronomically correct.

You think tidal waves of sand are stupid? How about tidal waves of ROCK? Those things existed on Earth, just after the formation of the Moon!

The smaller moon of Arrakis is so damn close that it should crash in a matter of hours. I can't tell how close the larger one is. It's either very close and will crash, or very big, nearly as big as Arrakis itself!

The graphics are great, OrLoK, truly a masterpiece... but can you move those moons a bit?;D

Hello,

Im glad most of you like the images, and the critisisms are true i suppose.

But i *am* an "artist" so i go for asthetic values, rather than accuracy.

Very vew of my images are correct (either to the film or reality). Its just my (humble) interpretation