ix master

umblessed

• 1 month later...

nobody use ix like me, if you are newbie you need to use the ix, the oldies don't remember to protect their bases against this cheap but strong sub house and great games for all.

You seem like you have a lot of confidence in your statement. I should....well, i think i should applaud you for that

You mean leave scouts there ? Trust me on this one, usually most players do not do that these days until they have been attacked enough with hidden units.

If it isn't protected by visible units, it probably isn't protected. And thats when the IX come in handy...

I did it to someone yesterday, and if I weren't so bad with my memory, I could probably tell you who too..Maybe it was cbrick again...yeah...

See, he is a v. good emp player. IX'd him. Died. But IX'd him

Keep map scouted, keep an eye on enemie base, once you see an ix building up build towers to youre entraces to cover them and place scouts near turrets. That takes care of infiltrators.

If hes smart, hell youse an advanced carryall to start dropping infiltrators in over the hill silently, but you need to keep and eye out and preferably have an radar up so you can see anything funky.

As for duplicators, keep some fremen feds ready and/or some attack planes. Also when you have not the map scouted and you dont see him duplicating and it comes as a surprise then start makeing shitload of scouts and plant them all over the place so you can buy time to get feds or planes.

Also if hes smart, he will have defence troops near duplicators like a circle of scouts and fremen snipers to kill all feds by makeing it look like theres no defence and BOOM youre feds are dead (man thats sweet ive done it a million times) and duplicated mongoose/missile tanks /whatever anti air  too, so then you need to make a good stradegic moves depending what house/subhouses you got and use them to counter the dupes.

Its not hard to counter anything, you just got to know what you are doing and preferably ALWAYS have map visible to you and scouted.

I do love using IX.  It is true that most playing don't do any good defense against them.  Usually if you can sneak in two per ref into a base (usually pretty easy) then take out the refs, works well to disrupt the economy.  I've actually been able to take out all the fac's and ref's in the first detonation.  Really slows 'em down.

The other thing thats always funny to see is to duplicate a bunch of fedys.  Then send wave after wave towards an enemy's base.  If you intermix some of your scouts to find the opponents scouts, and some fremen to their snipe scouts (assuming there are scouts placed around the base or map) its tough to stop it.  (Every time I've gotten started on that, its never failed to work) by the time your opponent realizes what youve done, there are hundreds of duplicated fedys getting off shots.  Follow those waves with a few mino's marching and volla.  At a bare minimum the opponent starts spending a lot of time placing scouts (and replacing them) and not watching those 10 minos marching towards their base :)

umblessed forgot to mention that by the time you IX an "oldies" base you are ALREADY dead bwahahah !!

Erjin mentioned this so atleast he realizes it heheh.

sure i have had my bases blown to bits by ix.. but it was never damage i couldnt fix or rebuild.... and usually the noob who IXed me was dying when they ixed me  hehe.

but ya they can be fun to use.

You mean leave scouts there ? Trust me on this one, usually most players do not do that these days until they have been attacked enough with hidden units.

Yes we do, I did most recently a while back. Me and Senda had a rather large win streak. While back though.

Many, many, many. Sadly, I'm retired from Emperor duen to technical problems that I could fix, but I just don't because I'm a lazy git. You probably wouldn't notice them due to they were from quite a while ago.

Bryorama, d3thslap, h4rkl0rd, Ph0t0n, Ic3spe3d, many, many more. 

MY favorite subhouse(in order)

1.sard

2.fremen

3.tleiraxu(no conteminator :D)

4.ix

Guild is not subhouse. THAT is a special house :)

Sometimes I play as ix for just enjoy. IX good house when you use it well. But i hate to use it for annoying to microcontrol it house)

If you combine your real units with your projected units it would be very useful to you.

And for defense : copy missile launcher form the hark ( if playing against them ) and there you have it, enough of them and no air or land unit could crack you up easily. Just remember to put real units with them and project new units after they have reached their life span.

Yes we do, I did most recently a while back. Me and Senda had a rather large win streak. While back though.

How "while back" ? I am talking about the games played now. I have had the pleasure of playing with Senda online, and cannot remember IXing him, because usually I am on his team (letting him down  :P ;)) and the rest of the time I would get crushed by him before I though of building IX units. But if I did try, I am pretty sure I could get a few units through and take out the refs. But against players who are in a different league, I don't think IX make a huge difference. Maybe thats why they don't get used by the best players.

But what gets on my mamories is the fact that most people will not let me choose the Guild as a sub house !

hmmm no sorry, i dont remember if i had play with u.....i just was asking, coz u write so much here on the board.

KALONY

I played back in the day & age when there was the official E:BfD board at westwood & you weren't around along with many others here.

• 1 year later...

Harkdawg:"Also if hes smart, he will have defence troops near duplicators like a circle of scouts and fremen snipers to kill all feds by makeing it look like theres no defence and BOOM youre feds are dead (man thats sweet ive done it a million times) and duplicated mongoose/missile tanks /whatever anti air  too, so then you need to make a good stradegic moves depending what house/subhouses you got and use them to counter the dupes."

Question: If I run toward the dupe with a warrior, followed by a small group of warriors, is it not so that most of your circle of warriors will uncloak, and fire their guns at my first warrior? Then my group would pick off yours before they can reload? Or do yours only use the minimum amount of bullets to kill number one?