Harv Drops, You Gotta Love Em'...... Right?

Rostok

Depends, cause if I don't already have aa then more then likely when it drops, I would of used attack move so it may kill the carry when it lands thus killin the harv to,  this happened recently a few times.  Then again you might get lucky but I doubt you'll kill me. :P

• 2 weeks later...

If I play with ordos the moment harvs are dropped it would vanish and if I play with harks the moment the caryall's come in range it would be destroyed ( you know the power of missile launchers ), though if the caryall is destroyed in mid air the harvester might fall  on your army take few of the with you.

Omg retard, I waited till the last harv left the spice then started moving in units.  Just before they got there more harvs came back from the ref and starting getting spice like normal.  He then stopped them just cause they were already there.

Omg person of subnormal intelligence

Phrase of the month ? Try using more then one phrase in that kind of situation...  ;)

I waited till the last harv left the spice then started moving in units.  Just before they got there more harvs came back from the ref and starting getting spice like normal.  He then stopped them just cause they were already there.

This info was not in your earlier post. I agree, that is not a classical harv drop. Was not the best move attacking his spice field, and you should have pulled off when the harvs came, of course he would stop them !.

• 4 months later...

imho..deliberately droping a harv close to the enemy and following them back to 'where they run' while u attack them  with ur units,is pretty cheap but one could match a harv drop with a harv drop? maybe even it out? maybe not before too many losses though

but as for 'legit' harv drops?.  im assuming you mean harv-auto-pikup-harvesting,and for some reason you either didnt time the harvest or ignored the harv completely and decided to attack?

actually when i started playing this game again i was repeatedly told by des mainly that the reason i lost so much was because i choose the wrong moment to attack..well thats what i got out of it anyway,

hiding behind harvs..hmm this might be also coincidently defending your harv by any means..

so thats a tough one defending or hiding?..debatable but in most cases if its the units theyre after not the harvs

imo if the force 'hiding' behind the harv is not even a considerable threat..why dont you simply target the units individually? avoid 'attack move' or maybe even wait for the harv to go back to ref thn attack? that is if you have no heavy stuff yet

but i agree with doom as well...if u go for a harv drop counter at the start(expecting/scouting it)..kindjal las gees ctank..  chances are you wont really have enough to deal with the enemies army of buzz/ltroops unles u harv drop your self maybe... i agree its a small oversight in the games balance, if it was changed so that u could only drop on spice,then this problem could be over..forcing them to drive over to sand maybe

but also ill add one more thing...most games old and new were designed to do something in a particular way,then the rules of balance and gameplay are adjusted acordingly,to give all a  fair game.. the problem is, that many gamers and geeks get around and try to make it do something it should either not..or wasnt designed for..

unfortunately  most people play to win, and are not intersted in the slightest to see what other things could have achived the same result with either more efficiency or just to make it look cool and new

imho games are entertainment and were made so people can have fun, what ever happened to trying new bo's or other strange and untried tactics,theres more gameplay in ebfd that what i see used mostly and thats a shame, that  many dont wanna even try to have fun,and can ruin it for the poeple that do,

and whats worse is when people know how to use an exploit or cheap method to win,thats all they ever want to use

knowing no good gamemanship at all,limiting themselves to cheap skilless 'tactics' 

im gone..

rostok, man whats up? you've obviously got an issue with me

i dont see what i've done to you to deserve your attitude toward me,

if there is a good reason then maybe you wanna tell me what your bother is? failing that maybe you shouldn't reply to my posts

because i dont see what warrants such hostility..

got anything to say about that? i'd love to hear it..seriously man i dont know what your problem is with me?

did i piss you off? pick on you at school? beat you at your fav game? humiliate you? steal your girlfriend?  what? or maybe you just like making  enemies? if so then keep goin son, your winning!

still no reason to be hostile is it? i hope not, and if im not supposed to post, maybe it should have been locked by the moderators

in any case, this is not the only post i've replied to and gotten the piss taken out of me by this rostok guy (whoever you are? do i know you?)

he seems to have taken a liking to my posts :] there are better ways to express yourself though, its not a very good way to meet friends and influence people if you know what i mean

im sorry if i've missed the 'no late replying or u will get flamed' rule, didnt see it in the terms and conditions

i'll have to re-read them while im at it :  some forums permit it as some have jobs/lives/joined late/have an opinion/etc  so  yea forgive me if this isnt a place like that

Harv dropping is cheap. Done when your regular army is crapped on or is about to get crapped on. Only if it is done accidently can I accept it.

As for posting, dont worry eid...Rossy is upset that Ausies will lose another test match in the ashes series...:P

omg r u serious erj? whats new? :P aussies snap :D 

and pearl the reason i think some subs r cheap vs some houses r plainly obvious man

take elite sard vs ordos,when u have them massed you dont need bikes to block your minos vs deviators or lasers

you just simply send them on their way ,elite same speed as non hit devi rite?

trust me man bikes and geese r the only real way to stop devis ....think about it, the range of the deviator aint that great, and when the devi tried to go for your mino,,move your bikes to get in the path of the devi,,there is no way it can attack its target now..it wil try to go around your bikes to hit the mino and will fail, and i dont want to deviat a bike now do i,,300/950 bit of a waste...all im saying here is no house 'needs' subs

any one claiming that some house 'NEEDS' as in 'depends' subhouses is most likely dead wrong other wise this game is unbalanced to a unit for unit level,,which i dont think is true at all

to me they are like a bonus unit  like the old quads, not needed,but cool 'fun' units as they take on the role of other main house units, rendering them unneeded or useless..think of how many units in ebfd that never get used anymore..theres a few right?

and yea pearl i do think that elite vs shields r patheticaly cheap, the only way ordos can counter minos is with las or devi..but u use mass elite to stop the only way i can counter, deshielding my own units only goes as far as 4 shots,and dispite that being a nice use for ord vs ord.. wot u want me to use mass dust or somethin? lol

in an ordos vs ord game las vs shield,i know thats not cheap becase you loose as much as they loose if your having a las/las fight(for wotever reason)--also you can deshield your own units so they can take a few hits(good for devi vs las)

but pearl if you want a better example of how to stop ordos tech,,first of all ill let you know im not that good with atr(so ill be a littl slo),but if u wanna test game again,,ill show you how to effectively counter ord tech,msn me and ill demonstrate the weakness you could be using, i assure you this one works very well..

i think the only cheap tactic is using the black zone. everything else like harvdroping, engeneers or walls are part of the game and u can use it. but i never do such things (except accidently) because its not gentleman like. sure, u can open the door and go through, but u also can say ladies first....THATS IT....i play emp since a long time, and i think i know all secrets especially since sendakon showed me the last secrets...hehe...(to bad i gave him the promise to dont tell u...lol)...BUT in my whole emp-life-time i never used an engee in an multiplayer game. never. even if they did it to me. i dont want it to me so i dont do it to u.....thats all...but well, if u dont use the black zone i wont call u cheap, cause its part of the game....so just have fun

c yall laterz

KALONY

There was so much wrong with your post eid, that I thought it would just be better if you didn't. I love making enemies, its one of my favourite things to do. And yes, you resurrected a dead topic. And yes we will probably lose to the talentless poms because mcgrath is out and our batsmen are overrated and shithouse (aka hayden, gilchrist.... etc).

I think this topic has been more than thoroughly discussed, so lets drop it before osme people make fools of themselves.

SPaze Droped big time on my last night,, 6 of em in a battle .

I said HARVS MAN.

spaze" no where else to put em"

I didnt get mad , kinda laughed  cuz i do recall all the shit i get when i did it. . (Desertway)

I agree with Kalony.. everything is legal if you stay outa the black

umm wouldnt droping ur closer harv in with it negate it somewhat? plus make them a bit poorer till they recall it

the trick would be to have 1 harv on group select :] fight cheddarcheese with swiss cheese see how far that gets em

and yea Gooo AUSSIE Gooo! :P

soz for resurecting an old post btw, had an opinion  thought there was something to be said