17/9 Discuss. Topic - Emperor: Three months later

davo

Yeah the campaign sucked I guess. You can finish it within a day if you focus on 1 house. Besides that, I still have a lot of fun using mods. But the biggest drawback is the AI, which is not good. Hard opponents shouldnt be easy. AARRGGH

[glow=purple,2,300]Riper[/glow]

When I first got the game it was the only computer game I played, but when I finished the Atreides campaign (and almost finished the others) I got a bit tired of it. Now I hardly play it at all. :(

I got tired of it because the game didn't have a lot of "playability" (in want of a better word). I wanted a map editor (perhaps one will still come out). I think a map editor would have kept people playing it for much longer. Westwood could also have made new units for it like Cavedog did for TA (I know with a 3D game it's not as easy).

I still think it's a cool game, though. It's nicely balanced; it's just that the unit pathing is not that good.

I liked it.  I still do in fact.  I've completed the Ordos Campaign and I'm close to beating the Atreides but my school work prevents my playing time.   Also I like to try out the skirmish mode a lot.  One of my favorite things in skirmish is to let the comp build a sardaukar barracks, its factory and barracks.  Then I destroy the outpost, the factory, and the construction yard.  Then I just build units and keep the enemy contained with occasional assaults.  Anyhow I feel when the editor comes out to create your own maps I'll have a lot more fun.

I preorder emperor online.  I played it religisly at my dads house for a while. but then i had to come home.  :'( . My comp here sucks. I think the requirmints on the box lie becouse my 500 Mgz comp can barly play it. The video is realy realy realy bad. and i cant play more than one person in skirmish..... so that sucks. recently i unistalled it from my comp its just to slow. I then reinstalled RA2. Barowed civilacation call to power from a friend and i have bene wining it that latly(thank you mr. cheat option  ;D ;D ).But i enjoed emperor when i had it. and will probly play it agine at fall break. alonge with Black and White,Empire of ants,Ra2. But still listen to Ghola and Not an Option on the music disc. Have them on my Mp3 player right next to prodigy ;D

P.S

Did any that they are pulling Red Alert 2 off the shelves becouse it has to do with with the invasion of america? Its only a rumer. And if they pulled Ra2 off theywould have to pull most other Action/Rts games off the shelv.

It is true that Emperor doesnt run really slick on slow computers. I had a 400 Mhz with 64 MB, a 12 MB Voodoo. It run with most graphic options low against 7 cpu players, but was slow. Now I upgraded to 800 Mhz with 128 MB and a 32 MB GeForce2, and it rocks like hell. As for RA2, I don't think theyll do that. Most people have it anyway. Besides, gives people a good reason to play it: Retaliation.

[glow=purple,2,300]Riper[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]I am new to Dune games. as a matter of fact. Emperor BFD is my first Dune game and I am having a blast with it. I have all the C & C games. so playing Dune is some what similiar in my opinion. to me emperor is a game that I will play all the time. have not played it online yet. but at single player and skirmish, I am having a ball with. with new maps coming from westwood. I think I will be playing this game for quite awhile. having it installed on a 1.4 gig cpu and a 64 meg Geforce 2 video card, really rocks. anyhow

What can I say? EMPEROR is best in LAN!!

My frends and I stay together few hours when start playing Emperor. Single player or skirmish is not so good. AI suck, It MUST be better!

First change what I wold made is that AI play thogether against human, not to fight eachother !! (Like in RA2)!

Leo

No laughing... but the one of the major reason I don't like it are the leeches. I am truly annoyed when a huge force is destroyed by them. Sure, I am doing something wrong, but their 'doubling' when they fire themselves on tanks is no fun. I have no problems with Terror drones (RA2) or anything, it's just that all my units are destroyed and they keep multiplying.

I get so annoyed with those leeches that I stop playing sometimes. Just don't ask "Koen, why don't you edit the game?" because I don't cheat in campaigns. Honestly. I completed all campaigns in the C&C series without cheating. (except for the Covert Operations of C&C 1, which I never had). And I'm not sure if I beat all the Red Alert 1 Counterstrike missions.

I hate leeches. ::) ::) ::)

Personaly i think they should Not Remake the boxes. that is what the terrorists want us to do. dont you think? any way. Before Emp was out in the stores dident evreone say the AI was realy realy good? Personaly I  Dont find Leaches the bad. I thought that the Terror drones are worse than leaches. you can take leaches of easily.

Well Ex, you kind of have to understand the political side of this: It is politically correct to not have a box like Yuri's Revenge after something like this has happened. And also, technically it wouldn't sell good, as no one has yet recovered fully from the attacks, and wouldn't buy something like the artwork on the box.

Yes that one word has so much power.  Politics it has so much power doesn't it.  It can encompass mass murder and meetings alike.  Politics is an art an art mastered by Bush apparently considering his latest approval rating was 90% last time I checked.  Politics is a warning word to the Bene Gesserit, maybe it should be a warning word to us.  We have humorous things happen in the political arena but also things that affect our lives.  

Whell! I think that leeches is just fine. In multypl. each side can have it!

I stay on it that AI sucks. Its ttooooo easy to win!

When I start 8 player map against 7 AI I easy win! It is not what I expected. They fight eachother and I easy win!

BTW WHEN WILL CAME MAP EDITOR??