Feyd-Rautha's child

AeonGrey

Now, the original question mentioned the bastard child.

Although the child was never brought up again, I would suspect that if any danger from the future of that child existed, the Tyrant would have taken care of it.  :D

But you can be sure that if the Bene Gesserit knew of it, and thought that they could use the child in some way in a repaired breeding program, they would have tried (as long as it didn't threaten their access to the spice).

Watch for it - "The Spawn of Feyd" trilogy, expected after the completion of Dune 8!  ;D  :O

• 3 weeks later...

There is another strange point about the project of a Feyd's child. The Count Fenring is knowing the project of Margot and he is helping her.

I believe they don't act in agreement with the Chapter.

I have not the quote here but I believed that Count says that they do it for Humankind and that it is like a revenge for him.

So, you know he is a failed blotline but he could be able to have prescient power.

so, do they, Count and Lady Fenring, a project which is parallel to the BG's one? and Why?

There is another strange point about the project of a Feyd's child. The Count Fenring is knowing the project of Margot and he is helping her.

I believe they don't act in agreement with the Chapter.

I have not the quote here but I believed that Count says that they do it for Humankind and that it is like a revenge for him.

So, you know he is a failed blotline but he could be able to have prescient power.

so, do they, Count and Lady Fenring, a project which is parallel to the BG's one? and Why?

You are correct, sir.

Leto, I believe this is what you are referring to.  It is just after Feyd's gladiator fight.  Fenring is first to speak, and he is talking with his wife Margot:

"The young one will be more amenable to control."

"For us . . . after tonight," she said.

"You don't anticipate difficulty seducing him, my little brood-mother?"

"No, my love. You saw how he looked at me."

"Yes, and I can see now why we must have that bloodline."

"Indeed, and it's obvious we must have a hold on him. I'll plant deep in his deepest self the necessary prana-bindu phrases to bend him."

"We'll leave as soon as possible--as soon as you're sure," he said.

She shuddered. "By all means. I should not want to bear a child in this terrible place."

"The things we do in the name of humanity," he said.

"Yours is the easy part," she said.

"There are some ancient prejudices I overcome," he said. "They're quite primordial, you know."

"My poor dear," she said, and patted his cheek. "You know this is the only way to be sure of saving that bloodline."

He spoke in a dry voice: "I quite understand what we do."

"We won't fail," she said.

Ok I just re-read everything up until my latest post (sorry, I should've done it sooner, but I was anxious to post my exerpt from the book).  Anywho, I think you and I got off on the wrong foot Scott.  Your air of self-importance (which is none of my business) just kind of caught me offguard (its a pet-peeve I have).  Errrr...that probably sounded rude.  Forget it.

I'd be interested to see what people make of the exerpt, especially Scott.  To me it really hints at some kind of secret plan that the Fenrings have.  Dunno.

Let me just say first that is was not my intention to put on an air of 'self-importance' to Aeon or anyone else for that matter. I realized when writing on this subject, that some might interpret my posts in this way but really didn't pay it much more thought. I assumed that it would just be written off as the heat of the argument and not something else.

Originally I had somewhat of a lengthy apology written to Aeon explaining my feelings on his post, but thanks to the miracle of my 'power' pc, that information is now lost in the empty depths of cyberspace.

The jist was that as a relatively new member of Fed2k, I felt the need to stress the importance of being at the forefront of an arguement and letting my opinions be heard, rather than being less opinionated and ignored, which at times I believed I was. Honestly I can offer no other excuse when to say that if I came off a little harsh to anyone, then I'm sorry, I regret using the 'tone' that I appeared to have and looking back, I would have avoided it, although my opinions would have remain the same.

Jesus, all these feelings....I'm making myself sick

i do not recall any reference to a child by feyd-rautha, i think u r implying something from the conversation that is not based on fact

This subject about a Feyd's child is mentionned at the end of Dune when, in the Throne room, Reverend Mother Mohiam thought about this child if Feyd and Paul both dead in their combat.

So, the existence of this child is sure.

But the behaviour of Fenrings is still strange.

It would be very amazing that the sisterhood shares its secret with a male.

im sorry i just sarted reading dune again for the uptenth time while reading the machine crusade and had not yet read to the end i thought the conversation was the one where feyd-rautha was fighting the atreides slave in the arena while the baron was in discussion with the count im sorry that i had jumped the gun my appologies, sorry about my spelling

• 11 years later...

I have been wondering about this for awhile now as well.. This seemed like it was going to be something important. I've just enjoyed reading dune & Messiah for a third go around & I am currently in the middle of COD. 

It's clear this was planned as the count says something like" I know what it is we do"..& it seemed like the count had some dislike of the idea but Margot seducing FR was important in some way..this was after the gladiator fight ..that's why the count & lady fenring where on giedi prime in the first place..& I was excited to see where this would lead but having just read the first two books its never mentioned again. It's strange that it's mentioned in the climax of dune by the Reverend mother Gaius Helen mohiam as she worried what would happen if Paul & feyd both died their would be only alia and FR's bastard child for their plans or something like that. 

So yeah, I was also stumped about this, I'm pretty sure it's not mentioned in children of dune either. I've read it afew times before & am about halfway through it again. 

I disagree that this would not have been an interesting plot point, I found that whole exchange between the Baron & the count, & after the conversation between the lady & count a very interesting detail...it made my mouth water wondering about where it was leading in the scheme of things. 

For me this is the one &  only frustrating question in an otherwise flawless story that is the first three books. 

The Bene Gesserit had a back-up plan with the daughter of Feyd Rautha. However since Paul's ascension to the throne as the new Emperor and the subsequent Fremen Jihad pretty much upset every scheme the BG had on their minds, this daughter probably never had any chance to do anything important. She was most likely intended to be just a carrier of the valuable genetic line anyway, without any special powers or anything.

I would assume that she became a Bene Gesserit adept herself, probably raised like Jessica, without knowledge of her lineage.

• 3 weeks later...

It should have at least a male child able to transfer the surname "Harkonnen" because in Heretics they said thtat Leto II forced Harkonnen to spend a lot of money to conquer them. Relatives isn't enough since the cousins of Atreides are Corrino!