Far Cry

EWS

actually on my uncles comp he has an ATI and on my comp i have Geforce and i can see better quality on the Geforce really.... major difference on Diablo 2: lod especially.... his looks horrible mine looks awesome.

i almost bought far cry myself.. but then decided on splinter cell: pandora tomorrow (which has amazing graphics but i thought it was really short) for those who have finished it, is far cry short or long? and does it have re-play ability? splinter cell doesn't really have re-play ability because when u've done it once you can do it 3 times as fast the next time... but i havn't tried online.

Far Cry has replayability as the enemies are so good, you very rarely complete the same bit twice in the same way!  Plus there are many ways to tackle each situation!

actually on my uncles comp he has an ATI and on my comp i have Geforce and i can see better quality on the Geforce really.... major difference on Diablo 2: lod especially....

You have to compare two equal cards.

Yes, and if you compare the images, the ATI one would draw better in most cases, but not all.

I forgot to say that Nvidia is better with toon shader, and ATI with the default.

Some games, especially 2d games might be different.

• 3 weeks later...

as much as far cry is a comp demanding game it is worth every damn bit of it. my dad bought it a while ago and it is very interactive. it's fun to shoot the bridges out when the mercs are runnin across em like on the mission were u have to sneak onto the boat. There are so many ways to take on a situation. what you do in one area will effect another. like on the boat mission i missed two guys standing on the platform on the upper level near the ladder entrance and they were blastiun at me, the helicopter was and the guys to my right were as well as the machine gun behind me lol. so carefuly plot your move as it could screw u in the next one.

very sweet game.

2 the guys arguing about grammar with each other, does it matter how there speaking? i mean really it's a forum, i kno i dont feel like checking and making sure my stuff is 100% correct lol

2 the guys arguing about grammar with each other, does it matter how there speaking? i mean really it's a forum, i kno i dont feel like checking and making sure my stuff is 100% correct lol

Well you raise an interesting point there. I totally agree! Who cares about grammar or spelling in a forum. I think Khan and KaL should be ashamed of themselves for thinking they are better than anyone else on the grounds that they can spell better... OMG if anyone can't spell it's thelm! :P

yeah my brother has it, he says the story absolutely sucks, but the gameplay kicks butt and the graphics, well you guys explained it already amazing.lol ANd in games like this the story doesnt need to be great, just as long as the game itself kicks butt and there are good graphics. Sometimes thats alright with me, just as long as it isnt focused on story nad stuff. I dont usually play those kinds of games, but there are some like that. I mean if the game is fun than it is totally cool. It is like counterstrike and other half life games, the stories absolutely blow but when they were out they were pretty darn fun.

Also my brother brags because he can run the game with the graphics detail at the max, and still run it at 60 fps, which just makes me sick.lol

• 1 month later...

Try updating your graphics driver... it should run pretty decent on a Geforce FX 5600... Or update the game if updating the driver isn't enough...

Or if anything else fails, you can always cut down the details...

• 2 weeks later...