Bunch O' Stuff

Mahdi

"Mahdi's not doing a Bunch O' Stuff is he? It's just not the same when he does them!"

I figured I might as well get that out of the way before we moved onto the real news. It'l save some of you time posting it in reply ;)

For those of you lucky enough to reside in the UK, Dune Info is hosting a contest for free copies of the upcoming special edition of David Lynch's Dune. This two-disc edition contains brand new special features including (but not limited to) documentaries and the original promotional film. Click here to enter.

Alec Newman, star of Frank Herberts Dune and Children of Dune, has been cast as the lead of the WB's new show Dark Shadows. It is a remake of a long running soap centered around an immortal vampire named Barnibus. This new version is still in pre-production. Thanks to Boozy Smurf for the heads up.

On the World Wide Web front, two new Dune sites have just went online. One, Collectors of Dune is a must see site for anyone interested in expanding his or her collection of Dune products, be they books, toys, models, or games.

The second, The Science of Dune, was built by Bill Clark and is based upon his Ph.D work on the subject.

For those of you who frequent the Duniverse forum you will have noticed that I have been posting programming notices for the last several weeks. They contain the dates, times, and titles of all known Dune-related television programs and films airing or being released during the week mentioned in the title. During the next couple of weeks I will be paying close attention to the amount of hits the notice recieves in order to determine whether or not it is worth the trouble it takes to make it. So, if you would like me to continue wth the programming notice, be sure to visit the thread and say so, otherwise it will go the way of the Dodo.

Whew, that's the end of todays Bunch O' Stuff. Maybe you guys will get lucky and Gob'l do the next one. :)

The Official Dune Website

Free signed harcover of Dune House Harkonnen by Kevin Anderson.

Readers of Brian and Kevin's DUNE prequels are sure to enjoy Kevin's original science fiction epic, "The Saga of Seven Suns." To show our appreciation for all those who have picked up the new series (Book 1, HIDDEN EMPIRE, is now available in paperback, and Book 2, A FOREST OF STARS, is in hardcover), we are making another offer of signed hardcover books -- free of charge.

Anyone who sends a sales receipt for A FOREST OF STARS to the address below along with a postage-paid envelope, will receive a first-edition hardcover of DUNE: HOUSE HARKONNEN, autographed by Kevin. For those of you who have not yet purchased A FOREST OF STARS, copies are still available at your local bookstore or via online sellers. Think of it as getting two hardcovers for the price of one!

More at the link.

EDIT:

In case someone else gets this before Mahdi does, the link on the main page has not been fixed for duneinfo contest. It still has a <br /> coding.

"For those of you lucky enough to reside in the UK, Dune Info is hosting a contest for free copies of the upcoming special edition of David Lynch's Dune"

"The DuneInfo contest link does not work because there is coding in the link"

Thankyou. Though I wonder how you'd get it anyway, if you're not UK resident...

Anyway, I can't wait 'till the 30th of April!