Angelic Creation

the study of angels is really interesting, though some of it is spurious to my beliefs, it is still interesting nonetheless. There are a few grains of truth in them though, like The Book of Enoch, which even has a passage mentioned in Jude.

To those of you who are interested, and those of you who actually believein angels, (those who dont can post, it just would be easier if you did believe in their existance as I am pointing questions which by default says they exist) do you think they are just messangers that act almost like drones? Or do you guys believe that they actually have real civilization? Real culture and history like we humans have? I tend to believe this as it seems toshow real emotions of angels like Lucifer in the Bible, Job is a great example.

what do you guys think?

totally ordos, you are right that it is dangerous to get into, thanks for thinkin about me with that. I have studied a bit of that history and made sure to do no more. For instance certain Kabalists and gnostics practiced channeling fallen and elect angels. scary stuff.

According to Zohar there is an angelic world, or better sphere, named Briah. But best to explain would be that angels live between Briah (what is yet a timeless sphere like God's archetypal world Atsiluh) and Jetsirah, world of formation, which is directly linked to "living", timely existing world, Ashiah.

Angels have also many various categories. All have common function as messengers and guardians, difference is in sphere of their activity or power. Highest are possibly angels around Metatron, which are like "hands" of God. Usual angels (of Briah and Jetsirah spheres) have more subgroups, active ones (Seraphim, Chasmalim) or protectors (of world, not persons; Melachim). Lower Jetsirah angels are sometimes called "titans", tough it is still unclear. Zohar calls them Bene Elohim, sons of God. Before we turn to aliens, Majestic 12 and MiB, we can say as they are closer to us, they seem to be godlike. Of the earthy angels are the most important Cherubim, guardian angels, and Ashim, active ones, which may personalize fortune. Cherubim are interpreted by muslims as Muwakkim, demon-hunters. Ashim are known to them as Ifreeti, tough they think they are the fallen ones. Part of Ashim are Nephilim, watchers, who became like humans. Possible reason for world flood, according to Henoch's apocryf.

I was pointing on fact that these angels are by many people unified with various pantheons, like greek Titans, nordic Aesers, hindu Diti/Aditi or sumerian Annunaki. Which are, by another ones, thought to be aliens.

I seem to recall reading in a historical article about angels, that only for the last 1000 years have angels been depicted having wings, and only for the last 500 years have they been depicted as being female.

[me=filecore]will slap anyone who tries to claim that Lucifer wasn't one of God's most trusted angels, and also who doesn't notice the point I'm making by pointing that out ::)[/me]

ya i understand the first part of your statement... but what is the point of the second half?

the book of enoch is prettycomplex. This is an extremely generalized look at it, but What happens is a group of fallen angels as for enoch to represent them in the abode of God, thinking he would show mercy. It goes through the trial of fallen angels as well as an explanation of what and who angels are, as well as where their abode is. It goes into abrahams bossom and torments and whatnot. It is really interesting to read.

Actually angeology (sp?) is not just catholic or hebrew in nature, though many have gleaned info from it. There are ministers who practice it on their own, my dad did a study on it, and has fully listed some of the jobs of angels.

for example Angels arent called angels, that is simply a title given them. They have many jobs and are superior physically to humans. There are some fallen angels who's bodies were taken away and are purely spirit form. There are many, especially elect angels who still have bodies of sorts.

(mind you this is much different from other forms of angeology, but it is no less valid, as my dad poured over this for literally years)

There are groups like Watchers, who from my dad and mine studies show that these are the watchers of both spiritaul and secular history of man. They are especially involved in watching over the line of the Christ, even to this day.

You have Guardian Angels, who's purpose is to guard and protect. Some have duties to guard individuals, others guard entire nations and whatnot.

You have Certain groups of the Serepheim who's job is to worship God and to declair various things. There is also a special group of four who took over the ceremonial task of guarding the mercy seat (the throne of God), when Lucifer fell. He was the original coverer of the mercy seat, and was greatest among the angels.

You have those angels that watch over nature, and the various elements.

The list goes on, and generally there are two types mentioned, but it seems there are more. The Cherubiem and Serephiem. The Serephiem seem to have more endowed power.

There also seems to be completely different physical species of angels, different races that work together.

I am actually writing a story on it, and have some of my info. I am going to post in fanfic, tell me what you guys think. It is NOT biblical, simply my own fanciful creation on the idea.