House Feud 2

Inoculator9

Message to the emperor

[hide]m'lord, we will be ready, we well have quarters ready for you in Sietch Tabr, and we will also have quarters ready in Arakeen for your overseer.[/hide]

As soon as Sard had sent the message he called for an aide, when the aide entered the room Sard said "The emperor will arrive within a week, make sure that the old palace is restored, we will install his overseer there, and do not forget to get a yali ready for him"

Sard was awaiting the emperor arrival, the timing wasn't ideal, there was still some work that needed to be done to the palace and the emperor's yali, but nothing could be done about that now.

Sard looked up and saw the emperor's own craft heading down towards them.

Now it was all in the hands of Shai Hulud

Sard was pleased; the meeting with the emperor had gone well. The emperor and his overseer had insisted on seeing spice mining as soon as they landed, so while Sard took them out to see the harvester and the spice filed, by ornithopter, his men took care of anything that still needed to be done to the palace and the emperor's yali.

Now both the emperor and his overseer were in their quarters, while Sard was relaxing in his own yali, when an aide walked in "Naib, we have a message from the Atredies, they say that they have sent a representative, and that they wish to discuss an alliance" Sard sighed, he was tired after a day playing tour guide, but still he needed to reply.

Message to the Duke

[hide]Of course we will, right now we need all the allies we can get [/hide]

"Everything is happening far too slowly..." Cassandra sighed, as she sat in her quarters on Kaitan. She had arrived reasonably recently, and seemed to have been forgotten about. She had met with the Emperor's Truthsayer, who had little idea of what he wished at the moment. Meanwhile the negotiations with 'certain other houses' were proceeding at a snail's pace due to their habit of delaying a reply... Still, the other half of the plan was proceeding quite nicely.  The correct representative to the appropriate planet had already been dispatched.

All in all, things were proceeding well. Not brilliantly... but well.

The Viceroy almost burst when he heard from his spies.

Obviously...They blame everything on us,and the fools that are Atreides believe them...Still,it is all for a good reason,which is to wipe out the Atreides.That is a very good reason.But we will have to build up our forces in light of our last defeat...

The Viceroy snapped out of his train of thought and sent for a messanger.When the boy - he must have been no older than 12 - appeared,trembling,the Viceroy told him in as steady a voice as he could manage,

"Boy,tell General Bantah that he is to begin and oversee the production of 200 fighter craft,3 cruisers and 4 special ships IMMEDIATLEY.If I do not hear from the General in 7 minutes,I will find you and personally pull out your heart-plug."

The boy,by this time chalk white,half-ran,half-stumbled out of the room.

The Viceroy smiled at his last comment.

I wonder if he even knows if he has a heart-plug or even what it is.Oh well,it must sound ominous enough to scare him half to death.

The Viceroy's grin grew larger.He turned to his Comm transmitter to see the list of caught law-breakers.He would have fun today...

Message to Atreides:

[hide]

I'm glad that you are so reasonable. I have dispatched one of my larger fleets to help you take care over my late allies, Emra. I will attack from the flank of the enemy, so, watch for the ships to appear and do not attack them, for they come to help you.

I sincerely hope this will ease the tensions between our two houses. The feud has lasted long enough.

Revan Harkonnen

[/hide]

Message to Emra:

[hide]

Stand your ground.

Revan

[/hide]

Stand your ground...

The Viceroy didn't like the sound of that.Luckily,his fleet was almost half done already.Ruling with an iron fist helped several times.He smiled to himself,then grew serious.

They were probably planning an attack together,the Harkonnen and Atreides.The Viceroy's face contorted into one of pure hatred,of pure loathing,when he remembered the deviousness of Revan.He would obviously turn on the Atreides,exactly when they weren't suspecting it.And the Viceroy would have a spare task force ready to help them.He switched on a COMM transmitter...

Message to the Emperor:

Sire, without meaning to cause offence; I have been waiting on Kaitan at your bequest for some time now. As you no doubt understand, a Mother Superior has business of her own to take care of and I should like to return to my sisterhood if there is nothing you wish to discuss. Also:

[hide] It is in our interests to procure a bargain with the Atreides. They have promised to fulfil their end of our bargain in exchange for Imperial military aid. If you can provide them with this, even if it only a paltry ammount, we would be grateful. If you wish to ask anything of us in return then now is the time. [/hide]

With respect, Mother Superior Cassandra.

• 3 weeks later...