Source of Names -- Prequels (BJ, MC)

Harq al-Harba

Maybe a number of you knew this (maybe not), but by chance today I learned that the name "Iblis" is also the name of an angel which, according to the Quran, was the only angel who refused to bow before man as commanded by God at man's creation (if that makes sense).  The source is Surah 2:30-34.

I am thinking about how this might cast Iblis in somewhat a different light (I am still unsure, as I have said in other posts, exactly _why_ he changes so drastically from BJ to MC), but I was wondering if anyone knew where Ginjo comes from?  Any other name origins?  The titans seemed pretty straight forward (Agamemmnon, Beowulf, Hecate, Juno etc.), as did Omnius.  But any other name sources that might be overlooked?

One other thing which has been at the back of my mind re: the Machine Crusade.  The title.  We all understand the Jihad, but at one point in MC, Omnius and Seurat discuss the role of religion in human motivation.  At some point, I was expecting, given the title, for Omnius and Seurat to use Seurat's charge to lead a Machine Crusade, creating a religion that valued order and logic over chaos and emotion.  Anyone else?

Harq al Harba

Iblis is Satan, and most of the others are puny tries to make it interesting. However it shows only one thing - lack of imagination.

Heh, I was thinking the same thing. Funny that such an original work as Dune has turned into a giant duckpress of religious tidbits. I can just imagine the machines in the next novel, transforming in common road automobiles to combat the deceptively large human tide. Or how about morphing together to form a massive color coded robot. Oops thats not original either. Oh well.