Memorable Fanfic Threads

Mihail

Ok,I was just browsing through the fanfic pages,looking at old threads,when an idea hit me!I figured that new people here,maybe wanting to know what the KYA-Setara War was all about,didn't want to scan every page of fanfic looking for it.My idea was that we could make a sort of "collection" of memorable threads,and post the links to them so people can find hem easily.But I need YOUR opinions first.Okay idea?Good idea?Horrible idea?Stupid idea?

NEED FEEDBACK! ;D

It's not a big deal 47, just make a thread and start linking to all the big topics :P I'm sure Ghosthunter will sticky it too.

Thats AK47 to you,MORTAL! ;) ;D

@Apollyon:Well...maybe.But the KYA-Setara War is a definite must know.

(See people,this is why I need ideas!Because I am mentally unstable and it is an achievement for me to think up any rational thought! ;))

Ok,we'll see how this goes,but for now,its in development stage. :)

If KYA-Setara goes in then so should The God Emperor's Dune. And a few of the other classics, perhaps under different sections. Like maybe; 'House wars,' 'Undead threads,' 'Underwater Wars,' 'Espionage,' etc. And perhaps various comments from the author, those that took part, etc on the individual threads.

I like the idea. Archiving's fun. Might raise interest too.

Ok,great.So I've been thinking,and maybe we could link to all of the threads,plus a short description,and if the threads had several parts,then we link those too.I'll scrape up those I know that are famous,then if I've missed any,you add some and I add them to...THE LIST!. Sound okay? ???

Thats AK47 to you,MORTAL! ;) ;D

@Apollyon:Well...maybe.But the KYA-Setara War is a definite must know.

(See people,this is why I need ideas!Because I am mentally unstable and it is an achievement for me to think up any rational thought! ;))

Ok,we'll see how this goes,but for now,its in development stage. :)

FED2k RPG I & II.  :)

Good idea. I'm also thinking about posting some again.

Right. I've been trawling through the archives for ages finding some threads which I thought were fitting, or just looked memorable. This is actually the second time I've done this due to screwy computer problems.

This list certainly isn't definative, it's incomplete and messily structured and the comments are basically crap (I think the authors should write them) but it's a start. A guideline. In no particular order...

House based threads Kind of...

House KYA and House Setara War

- Yes, this one. The beginning of it all, yadda yadda yadda...

KYA/Setara War: Rebirth

- A sequel? I don't know...

Age of Chaos III !!!!!!!!

- Reached 5 pages. The exclamation marks must have worked.

Battle for the Universe

- Er... dunno.

Make your own houses - the battle

- Ditto.

Kanly

- A classic.

Kanly: Revisted

- And another...

Alternate Dune

- Ah, a good one, this.

The God Emperor's Dune

- My baby. Still the longest and the first to have a prep thread *blows own trumpet just for good measure*