Muslim population in France Going to Bite Someday

Leave it to emprworm to serve as symbol of intolerance...Violence doesn't follow Islam. There are radical sections of every single religion - radical christians, radical zionists, etc. Think of the puritans in the early US and the Salem witch trials for example, is that not violence against women? Same happened in Europe with both "witches" and "werewolves". People are damn morons with crowd mentality. You are in one of those crowds, emprworm, it's called the extremist right wing. I'd kill myself before I'd be one of them

Would they then also ban the wearing of cricifixes?

It's prohibited too  ;D ( Headscarfs, bandanas, cricifixes, Fatima hands, David's stars... all religious signification sign !)

The headscarf is not a problem. The problem is "the headscarf in scools", because with the the Middle-east conflict between Israel and Palestinians, there are a great tension in the French scools !

I think that we must follow the English, to wear uniforms  :P!

Uniforms? I don't follow you on this, Otheym! Uniforms recall me army, cops, religion and sport teams... fanatism nests where your own personality can be alienated. The consequences would be worse than this problem (which is not really one, as you said).

I am basing my logical amoral opinion off of the empirical evidence gathered world wide that Muslims countries and Islam at its core does not recognize seperation of church and state.

Do you know any passages form the Quran that go against the separation of religion and state? Just curious.

I understand you Leo to write this, but you must know that in France, Arabs are the most discriminated people, much more than Jews.

Anyway, when did it begin? Many events in the History could be pointed as the real source of the Jews/vs/Muslims conflict :

when western countries decided in 1947 (actually Great Britain began since 1922) to fit up a part of Palestine to create Israel, involving prejudices for palestinian people, especially when Israel colonized more and more parts besides ;

or when the Muslims (helped by GB) fired the Ottomans, 1916 ;

or when the Ottoman Empire settled down there in the XVIth century, firing the Mameluks ;

or when in the VIIth century, Arabs fired Byzantins and settled down there ;

or when, in 1200 BC, the Jews (Hebrews) invaded pacific Canaan (Weren't the Canaaneans Arabs'ancestors?)...

By coming back in the time, where are the guilties, where are the innocents?

That was for this conflict, but we could do the same kind of research for France, and conclude that nobody can throw the first stone...

France has the most welcome tradition, and it's a better way than your xenophobic insinuations.

That's funny, I thought you said France was a very tolerant nation, Filo? So, out of curiosity, what exactly is the situation like over there? I know portions of America get a bad wrap for being "racist"... but what about Austria's reelected President Haider? he ran on a platform of xenophobia?

That's funny, I thought you said France was a very tolerant nation, Filo? So, out of curiosity, what exactly is the situation like over there? I know portions of America get a bad wrap for being "racist"... but what about Austria's reelected President Haider? he ran on a platform of xenophobia?

Austria isn't France! And we disapproved (but you know diplomacy is often not far from hypocrisy, and arrivist Berlusconi governs Italy, and we say nothing).

But that's true, JM LePen's "Front National" is ascending. It remains a minority yet, but tolerant people worry more and more. The tensions we talked about previously aren't the only reason, I suppose.

The fact is that when you give freedom and tolerance, there's always someone to try to take more advantage ; immigrants or racists aswell.

But we think this risk is better than Haider or Bush's manners to govern...

I guess that's true; I had heard that there were growing conservative factions within European countries. I'm not sure if Karamnlis' victory in Greece is any indication, but Haider's sure is. Had Aznar not been ousted, you might wonder whether or not Europe was going the same way as the US.

That's right, conservatives are gaining ground in Europe - not because more people are voting for them, but because the left-wing voters aren't voting.

You see, Europe's major left-wing parties have lost much of their credibility and much of their voter base, because they have moved towards the right while their supporters have moved towards the left. So a lot of the left-wing voter base feels unrepresented and doesn't vote any more.

xenophobes.

It's a religious item whoopy!, the whole ban is just to cover up the governments real intentions of the specific target of muslims. Filo did you leave out the french nationalists on purpose when you asked leo to clarify it?

oh they fear radicals and the muslims calling to radicals, but this only happens when they are oppressed as seen in in history.

~whoops my bad~

I didn't agree Leo, on the contrary, I tried to correct his settled opinion, subjective because of his origin. When I spoke about discriminations on Jews and Arabs, I spoke about french nationalists discrimination.

Unless if you talk about my answer to Wolfwiz : I just admitted nationalists are ascending. I disagree nationalists, in France or anywhere.

And one more thing: the most of arabs I know in France aren't practising muslims.

sorry I got what you were saying confused,

There are radicals everywhere like the US for example KKK, Black Panthers . . .

The KKK are just rednecks who hated catholics, Jews, and african-americans, but the Black Panthers were spawned from the racism of the that time, but I think they were a little kooky ("KILL WHITEY!")

That's right, conservatives are gaining ground in Europe - not because more people are voting for them, but because the left-wing voters aren't voting.

I'm not sure if that is true. I think Europe has become more nationalistic because we don't give imigrants enough time to assimilate in our societies. You can't just let imigrants flood in, you have to give a number of them time to get used to our ways, and for other people to accept them. What our government does is that they keep the flood going, and hopes that because of our social-democratic rule, they will blend in just like that.

3 filo ??? :O No one don't like Emprworm's replies ! ;D

There are redical muslims in France : in Trappes ! Why ? Beacause France didn't recognize the Arabs immigrants ! And the new generation want to revenge this unknown, because the 1st generation wanted to praticate in a "mosqu

3 filo ??? :O No one don't like Emprworm's replies ! ;D

I just answered to the very latest posts :Wolfwiz, Edric O and you = 3 !

Please, Otheym!

I'm afraid that all we just talked about is becoming worse and worse after the murder of Sheikh Yassine, leader of Hamas, by Israelian state. They needed 3 rockets! Isn't it a kind of "state terrorism"?

Please, Otheym!

I'm afraid that all we just talked about is becoming worse and worse after the murder of Sheikh Yassine, leader of Hamas, by Israelian state. They needed 3 rockets! Isn't it a kind of "state terrorism"?

If a country kills a terror militant who killed dozens of innocent women, children and men it

Please, Otheym!

Do you think that a dumbfire 70mm rocket is equal to tank-busters like Hellfire? Such weapons are fired as machine gun...

Please, Otheym!

Why please ? ::) ;D