How Can We Punish the United States?

Well, there are always biological and nuclear weapons of mass destruction if you are really searching for a way >_>

thats unacceptable as the USA would retaliate... trying to destroy the US is not an option.

I would like to know what would happen in the future if the USA gets the Ballistic Missile Defense System Working... Meaning we can send out nukes and intercept others.... we will really be hated on that day.

:O

Then if the US government continues to act like it owns the whole world, the rest of the world should break any alliances they have with the USA, and impose economic sanctions. This will result in a Cold War.

Unless someone like Emprworm rules the USA, in which case they will probably invoke some sort of "manifest destiny" for a global American Empire, which would result in WW3 and the end of civilization as we know it.

Then if the US government continues to act like it owns the whole world, the rest of the world should break any alliances they have with the USA, and impose economic sanctions.... This will result in a Cold War.

wouldnt this hurt the other countries more ?

The countries that depend on the USA for aid are in no position to impose any sanctions anyway... and they're certainly not powerful allies. They should remain neutral, because the well-being of their people comes before all else.

As for the other countries, the economic sanctions would certainly hurt them (although not as much as they would hurt the USA, since they will still be able to trade with each other), which is exactly why, realistically speaking, they would NEVER impose such sanctions unless the US government went completely insane and started building an outright empire.

I do not think that the world can currently punish the United States because while America may not have an outright empire, they have a de facto one.

On a side note, does anyone here really hate Americans? Or is it just the government?

im so glad my great grandparents gotout of Europe and came here.  I couldn't imagine being born in the European cesspool.  Like many Americans, I have roots in Europe.  Everytime an European trashes america, they trash their own.

I don't know of any Europeans who trash America. But I do know a lot of Europeans (such as myself) who trash your incompetent, criminial  gang of robbers known as the "US government".

While you may hate us, we don't hate you. We just despise your government - who is hurting the American people at least as much as it is hurting the rest of the world, by the way.

you know, I was thinking...why do more people world wide try to immigrate into the US above any and all other nations?  Why do people constantly flee communist nations and try to come here?

maybe it tells you something about the kind of society people want to live in.....a society of OPPORTUNITY...something communism cant give them.

Emprworm, I do not feel that you can argue this point, as your anti-european stance is obviously clouding your better judgement.

just pointing out an empirical fact.  more people try to immigrate into the US than any other nation.  who immigrates into communist nations?

This means that you are a European, you have europe blood in you ;)

just wodering are you also proud on what your grandparents did(killing all those indians).

i can guarantee that whatever country you live in, it was once taken over through war by your ancestors.

i can guarantee that whatever country you live in, it was once taken over through war by your ancestors.

Armenia(i live in holland though), can you find something that proves your statement. According to my parents, it hasnt been takin by force, it was always ours.

I couldn't imagine being born in the European cesspool.

Well that is sounding just like our supposed "anti-Americanism" - you can't criticise us for saying bad things about the USA (mostly government and politics, yes, but also about the lack of education and bigoted points of view evidenced in a lot of Americans I meet (in Real Life too) - I know this isn't indicitive of life "back home" but like they say, first impressions... and second, and third...) because if you're going to refer to Europe as a whole - an even broader generalisation than "all Americans" - as a "cesspit", then surely that makes you at least as big a hypocrite as us?

There aren't actually any 'communist countries' to flee from...

Of course there are. If China, Russia et al are under the umbrella of "communist countries", and they have oppressive, militaristic and aggressive regimes led by a figurehead and a ruthlessly political cabinet, then surely all countries fitting this description are also communist countries?  And I can't think of a country which fits that description better than our old friend, in which case you'd be expecting people to be trying to escape from it to a land of freedom and democracy, too... :O