How Can We Punish the United States?

While we're on the topic of 1984 and being off-topic, I'd kindly like to point out that George Orwell was a communist.

Don't believe me?

A bit off topic, but call me a pedant if you want - why would it be such that we would have trouble believing that George Orwell was a communist?  I mean, even if you haven't read 1984 for example, it's still not so surprising.  And I can't think of many less anti-authoritarian works than 1984.  Why then the stated assumption that your statement would be disbelieved?

I disagree with the crippling of America's military strength, alchemi. The United States' 14 aircraft carrier battle groups would still be able to maintain long-rage military operaitons without the benefit of bases. Trust me on this one, the last time we started talking about US carrier battlegroups, I posted each ship, class, armament, and fighter complement.

You can run those sort of campaigns without land based support look at the problems turkey caused to the campaign by refusing usa to launch missions from there, many bombers flew from england refueling in the air but without bases for those refuellers to refuel they couldn't do it. taking everything by sea is a logistic nightmare and far too time consuming.

america is as much dependant on foriegn trade and revenue as the rest of us in the west. without world markets it would soon suffer an economic backlash.

Alchemi, this is only if America wants to land ground troops. If you're talking about US vs. World, then the situation you refer to still will not occur. America will not land ground troops, because there is no way it can support such a campaign. It will bomb the living daylights out of everyone using their battlegroups. Trust me on this one, the carriers are so powerful that Navy folks here in the states jokingly say that the Army should be abolished.