Deformed rock plateaus

Thalassicus

Sniper (or anyone else), do you know how the map editor decides to render the middle of a deformed streach of a plateau, if the middle cliff edges are "short" cliffs & the ends are tall? I've found it either does it correctly with the ramps down the ends, or weird with a big hill down the middle. I don't think this forum supports images, but my cliff is shaped roughly like two platforms, one at each end, with a short-cliff "bridge" of rock connecting them like this:

+++                                 +++

++++                             ++++

++++++++=======/++++++++

++++++++/=======++++++++

++++                             ++++

+++                                 +++

and I want the editor to ramp down at the ENDS of the short section, where the /'s are, and not just at the sides & leave a hill in the middle.  I've experimented w/it, and it seems like sometime's it'll do it one way & sometimes the other...very tempremental :)

The editor could be more user friendly, but otherwise it's better than I though it would be when Westwood announced it.

I appreciate the effort Westwood put forth in making it available.

I've had my own problems with the editor, though...well, actually only one problem so far. I place the ramp tiles exactly where they should go, but the ramps still don't turn out the way they should - my units can drive on the cliffs in some places (which isn't really realistic).

Ah I found it: deformed rock renders it's slopes in a field parallel to the line y=-x in the editor, ie all the slopes will slope up or down to the top-right or bottom-left corners of the map editor.  So you'll want to have your short-cliff & tall-cliff nodes aligned like this in the editor:

____+-+-----------

________  

+-+-----

^              ^

short cliffs   tall cliffs

...and it won't produce that funny hill in the middle between the short cliffs' section.