Dune II versions

MrFlibble

Can anyone tell me, how many different Dune II versions there are and how do they differ? According to what I have read here in the forum, there must be at least a dozen! :) I, for one, have a ver. where buidings take damage over time even if built on the concrete, and that's very annoying. >:( And the other version of dune2.exe, provided with SuperDune2, is cracked so that everything is built in one sec.

I, for one, have a ver. where buidings take damage over time even if built on the concrete, and that's very annoying. >:(

I think it appears in all "versions" of the game (better said cracks of the game since there is only one original game version). It's a little bug in the game. With this patch you can get rid of it. It uses a trick and replaces only run-time script included within game.

I think it appears in all "versions" of the game (better said cracks of the game since there is only one original game version). It's a little bug in the game. With this patch you can get rid of it. It uses a trick and replaces only run-time script included within game.

Thanx for the patch link

Yes, the harsh conditions on Arrakis were supposed to erode buildings, so you had to constantly repair them. A right pain when you have no money on the last missions and the whole map has run out of spice. (Beware this cause for sudden loss of power due to damaged windtraps)

Note, however, that palaces are free to repair.

You're right but the buildings should not erode when built on a concrete.

Here is a quote from Ordos mentat:

Structures without foundations will require frequent repair, and waste valuable time and money.
which proves it. Look also at Dune 2000.

My patch is not ideal because the buildings placed on non-concrete ground will not erode aswell :-[ but in my opinion it's better choice (they still start with lower HPs though).

• 2 weeks later...