Re: Best emperor player?

Navaros

Lol Nyar, how can u even say that, u know Nav ducks everyone whos more - less decent players!

Btw Nyar, Emp has some issues playing on my New comp.

Its really choppy, lagging and chopping.

At first it was really bad chopping in the main menu too, but i updated motherboard and video card drivers so the menu chopping stopped.

But its horrible in game, when theres units on screen its horrific lagging, chopping awful :(

Just wonderd if u know something to fix it fast, im not in to playing emp anymore really so its not that important.

Maybe i should try Xp Sp 1 !?!

Other games run fine, just emp, i think Emp dont support my Radeon 9600 Pro ....

BTW the load time was damn nice, i loaded map like in 5 seconds :)

brennq is not the "best" Emp player.

not by a LONGSHOT!

the most ironic thing about this thread is that brennq wants me to stop acting like i'm good, but the underlying purpose of why he made this thread is to try to exalt himself as being the best Emp player

guys like beerinato, camieu - any of the hardcore oldtimers would wipe the floor with brennq - no problem.

Lol Nyar, how can u even say that, u know Nav ducks everyone whos more - less decent players!

Btw Nyar, Emp has some issues playing on my New comp.

Its really choppy, lagging and chopping.

At first it was really bad chopping in the main menu too, but i updated motherboard and video card drivers so the menu chopping stopped.

But its horrible in game, when theres units on screen its horrific lagging, chopping awful :(

Just wonderd if u know something to fix it fast, im not in to playing emp anymore really so its not that important.

Maybe i should try Xp Sp 1 !?!

Other games run fine, just emp, i think Emp dont support my Radeon 9600 Pro ....

BTW the load time was damn nice, i loaded map like in 5 seconds :)

I can't honestly tell who ducks who (or who doesn't). Just challange someone with a post her on the board. At least you've shown that you're willing to play the person (who ever it is). If the challanged person doesn't accept the challenge, he/she can't claim to be the best IMO.

If a person then still claims to be the best, just kindly refer him to the challenge. At least if hopefully will prevent the flaming :)

As far as your problem goes, yes, make sure you install SP1 !. If it's not for the choppyness, it sure cures a lot of other problems games have displayed the last couple of months.

Nice to see you again Taqwa :) (only thing I've seen in this topic that doesn't burn my eyes).

Hey, nice to see you too, Ace.    :)  You are still one of my Emperor idols, even though I haven't played the game in a long, long time.  I sure wish you were playing Generals, because your micro skills would be awesome there, too.

Why should you post stats? You see you dont have to proof anything, simplely cuz no1 really cares, most ppl play for fun and winning or losing doesnt really matters, so wen they c you post stats that you beat some1 up and you also start bragging how good u are then ppl get anoyed by u and start flaming you. So my advice is: just play with every1 and try to have fun, dont act like you are the best Emp player, cuz no1 cares or believes it.

Why should you post stats? You see you dont have to proof anything, simplely cuz no1 really cares, most ppl play for fun and winning or losing doesnt really matters, so wen they c you post stats that you beat some1 up and you also start bragging how good u are then ppl get anoyed by u and start flaming you. So my advice is: just play with every1 and try to have fun, dont act like you are the best Emp player, cuz no1 cares or believes it.

this is EXACTLY why i'll never play you. you've reinforced the point in my previous post perfectly

even if i beat you and post stats/screens etc. etc., you'll STILL remain in denial about the fact that i'm better than you and be just as mouthy on here as ever.

this is EXACTLY why i'll never play you. you've reinforced the point in my previous post perfectly

even if i beat you and post stats/screens etc. etc., you'll STILL remain in denial about the fact that i'm better than you and be just as mouthy on here as ever.

leo, do not bother, ill quote a part from my big post on page 2

Naturally talking smack all the time wants people to see whats going on?!?

So many respected players called out Navaros, and thats where Nav started another trend wich lasts even now ( u can see hes first response in this thread for an example ), he responded to those challenges by saying something like this " man youre too easy, u suck, go learn to play first " or " i dont play fags " with the lists going very long of hes excuses.

Dont worry, if youre a good player with a good reputation he has something in hes backpack to tell you so he wont play you.

Hes last 2 posts have followed this trend perfectly.

U see how he jerkd in our faces again by implying like hes allmightyness has beaten everybody.

Basically what he said, if anyone calls him out, hes already beaten him and says "stop moaning ive beaten you, so leave me alone"

challenges don't really solve anything.

the reason why i am supporting brennq on this is because of the following:

1.) When we observed beerinato and camieu etc .. we were all noobs and therefore maybe OUR perspective was invalid.

Example:

Oper90 who is an average player .. plays a newbie and then proceeds to massacre the newbie... now the newbie proclaims that Oper90 is a God.. his claims are false tho.. because Oper90 is just a average player...so maybe our claims about beerinato are false.

2. Since we were all noobs back then .. they did not have to use a variety of tactics to defeat us... all they had to do was use their "bread and butter" tactic

Example:

Maybe they had a favorite tactic that wasnt really a good tactic but because we were noobs it worked on us and therefore they used it because it worked. However it probably wouldnt work today and you would have to wonder if they would adapt?

3.) Rushes... insane rushes... Dev drops under 4 minutes and much more.. they didnt exist 3 years ago but they exist now.... how would beerinato cope?

4.) Game Speed.... its a fact.... 3 years ago best computer setup you could have would be a

the reason why i am supporting brennq on this is because of the following:

1.) When we observed beerinato and camieu etc .. we were all noobs and therefore maybe OUR perspective was invalid.

Example:

Oper90 who is an average player .. plays a newbie and then proceeds to massacre the newbie... now the newbie proclaims that Oper90 is a God.. his claims are false tho.. because Oper90 is just a average player...so maybe our claims about beerinato are false.

2. Since we were all noobs back then .. they did not have to use a variety of tactics to defeat us... all they had to do was use their "bread and butter" tactic

Example:

Maybe they had a favorite tactic that wasnt really a good tactic but because we were noobs it worked on us and therefore they used it because it worked. However it probably wouldnt work today and you would have to wonder if they would adapt?

3.) Rushes... insane rushes... Dev drops under 4 minutes and much more.. they didnt exist 3 years ago but they exist now.... how would beerinato cope?

4.) Game Speed.... its a fact.... 3 years ago best computer setup you could have would be a

since overall ATR IS the weakest House

False, it is not a fact...You may think it is the weakest house, and that is really normal because you only focused at 1 house : the Atreides. It reminds me of Warcraft3, most pple want to nerf things for balancing of the other houses and not of their own favourite house. It's quite normal.

I focused on hark in the beginning, I remember i was thinking : man minos are 2 good they should nerfe them, or kobras are 2 good they should nerfe them,...

But now i'm an overall player and IMO i think its as balanced it can b.(only some sucky units that no1 uses)

i've always found that one of the BIGGEST & MOST COMMON MISCONCEPTIONS about Emp is that Minos/Feds are unstoppable or almost-unstoppable in the late game.

False, it is not a fact

you are wrong there.  ATR is the SLOWEST House.  in Emperor, the ability to CONTROL AND DEFEND ALL OVER THE MAP is a vital thing.  since ATR take the longest to be able to COMPETENTLY DEFEND areas of the map outside of the base - that is a FACT - it thereby also follows AS A FACT that ATR is the weakest House overall.

Surely that is your opinion not a fact.  Someone might think that ATR is the best house.  The same as in every game different players have different opinions on what is the best class/race/stragey

Surely though, each house has its strengths and weaknesses.  I remember playing Dune 2 and finding that ATR was the best in one aspect, but Ordos in another and HRK in another.  Hence, each was the best and worst.  However, no matter which house, i just couldnt beet the Emperor!!!!

Anyway, I am signing off.  Got to go to bed.

Night all!

You sound like a n00by mino masser to me nav... Try to cope with the fact that you can completely defend areas outside the base - that would be at a harvesting place - with mass tier1 units in the beginning stage of a game because the defender is always in favour(with same amount of $ on units)because of harvester decoy, and later on you can use advanced carryals to pick up some minos.

And btw if you were rigth about what u stated before, the reasoning is still completely false. You start with a narrowminded view and then you say thereby it is a fact atr is the weakest house.

what about atr air control, what about the atr turrets... If you say overall You have to include everything and don't be narrowminded about the bad points of atr. I say it once again, it's a completely normal reaction for some1 that is only good at 1 house. -sigh-

All the things you tell that are imbalanced are things of atr, and all those things are things you got beat by and can't get to counter it. I'ts not that *YOU* can not counter it, it means it is a fact.

i'm quite sure i can counter things as ATR better than you can as ATR thank you very much

yes you're right i suck with Hark and Ordos and i've always admitted that.

Nav do u know how much time it takes to put aa troopers around your base as ord? . A hella long time let me tell you sure you can get aa mines but then that wastes time to get sard or fremen which u need . Or which will make your life a lot easyer .

But on the contary with  atr u can just have some drones circuling your base and have no worrys . Latly , this factor has been pissing me off since not only do I have to defend my base with aa troopers but i have to send them with my kobras or whatever so they won't get killed . And you say that atr is a slow house , well there not to slow the minos are just a bit slow . Its not like they will take an hour to get somewhere like a dev with a adv carryall . Just with your minos bring some sards and some inf and you'll move along quite fast actually .

On another note I personal think that atr is a very power full but balanced house just like all the other , as ews said