Ordos - Defend the Starport - IMPOSSIBLE!

Beckett

I've tried both map sections, the opne to the left is easier, but its the rush at the end - there's just no way!

I've tried trikes, just men, buying from the Starport and nothing works, I just get over-run!!! :(

Try this: Build a second startport and place it to your base in a safe place. Then sell the old one. Should work. Now, it's mutch easier to defend it. And try the mission where the starport is right from you.

Good Luck!

i finished this mission with this trick...i maked 2 starports in my base 1 solded old starport... but myproblem is ordos mission 8 mercenaries  always are attacked by emperor and atreides, but my base is overrolled by lots of harkonnen units and destroyed grrrrr.

The mission, where your base is upper right, there isn't mutch room there, pretty nasty i must say!

Yeah. I played the variant where you start at the top right corner, and the SPort is to the south. As there isn't much space, you must establish Spice harvesting and buy things via the SPort. If you build enough infantry and troopers at the barracks, you'll be able to stop the initial attacks. For best defence, there should be 3-4 Siege Tanks, the same nuber of Missile Launchers, several Combat Tanks and infantry. The forces must be arranged like this:

Its years since I played this mission, but I remember that one trick is that the attacks can come around the starport at you and across it. If you block the gap in the wall with a couple of wall sections (quick and cheap at the start) it forces the AI to come always around the starport (it never thinks to blow up the walls), which gives you more time to focus your defence. Then get refineries and buy through the starport heavy tanks but if there is space build a light factory for trikes and quads.

Once the mission starts to give you tanks (Deviators I seem to remember) build to prepare for the last rush, the deviators should help lessen the oncoming tanks by converting them to your side long enough to break each rush.

• 1 year later...

I also found that map very hard, but not impossible.

I STRONGLY recommend you to buy tons of light infantry,and troopers. The enemy will send mostly quads,launchers and combat tanks against the starport. 10 troopers, 2 quads, and 4 raiders are excellent defense.

In fact, I suggest to spend your money to order harvesters first instead of launchers and/or siege tanks.

I also suggest to sell all unused walls, and gun turrets. Also don't commit that mistake to build gun turrets around the starport.

• 8 months later...

LOL Whenever i got tired of the harkonnen and atredis attacking me i just rushed them both at once the harkonnens got attacked with the starport deliveries and the atredis got attacked with my base creations :D if you want to slow down the harkonnens make some raiders and some quads and go attack their light weapons factory. then just keep on doing the same thing to the barraks and heavy weapons factory. the starport can be captured of destroied i just captured it :). The atredis you should rush because they're pretty well balanced so dont attack with just one thing. ENJOY!