Why do YOU play Emperor

alchemi2

Personally i play very few other games online, yet i enjoy the challenge of playing other human opponents.

IMO empy is a great online game with many varied skill levels and generally good playability.

I just enjoy playing the game whether it be a blister manic rush game or a long drawn out battle of subtle stratergies.

Winning or losing is realy immaterial so long as your having fun many here own my butt everytime i play but so long as it fun i don't care, at the end of the day it's game.

Fun, friendship and laughter is what playing games is all about. yes we all want to win or be the best but to me surely enjoyment is what it's all about.

What do you think. ;)

I will be honest. I play emperor because of Dune. I like the way they did with the subhouses and the stuff. I just like Dune a lot, and Emperor is by all means a good game. But i don't think i would've liked it this much if i didn't like Dune so much.

You are a REAL EMP player.  ;)(Me too..I just enjoy the game. Win or Lost second care.)

I have played a lot of games. But I like EMP in my heart forever. Coz useless units of EMP really few. (maker n contaminator are useless ..others ok)It makes us can play more strategically. Infantry Rock it really original idea. So we can use inf often than C&C games. Inf are not trash in emp. I like it.

Expecailly when I first time play it, Kindjal infantry's voice tempted me right now. ::)

i wasn't trying to start flame wars with that post.    it's just VERY tragic that a masterpiece such as Emperor is a dead game while a babyish POS like War3 is flourishing.

playing Emperor used to be compelling, exciting but ever since the QM Ladder died - now playing Emperor is like visiting a Ghostown.  the structures may seem recognizable - but the spirit is entirely gone.

Sarcastic: Nav, forgive the rest of the world for not being as good as they should be.

No...why should anyone have to apologies for not being as good as you think they should be, and even that, in a GAME ! It is a game, thats like Beckham (I am in England, where football [American: "Soccer"] is very popular and Beckham is VERY popular) screwing about every other football player being crap in the local park. Thats plain stupid.

This is a game, and games, usually, by non profressionals are played for fun. Not about just winning, that can be a bonus.

Personally I play this because I had Dune II on Amiga, loved that game to bits. Grabbed this game when I could. I am sorry I missed the chance to play online when there was a bigger community. But I still want to learn how to be a better player, maybe be able to beat people one day that I cannot beat today (Alchemi, look out !

;D I play this great game for fun... compared to others strategy and wars 3d games .. emperor have good graphics (but need a good hardware) my comp still cant run highest graphics very fast when playing up to 4 comps in a map (freak) the menus are very simple and boring ... bad made but is ok .. emperor for me was the start of 3d strategy games and the playability is very good .. i prefer this game than warcraft 3 and bla bla bla ... they just sux.. i recommended emperor to my friends form Chile and they find emperor boring (they said emperor have no playability.. very boring and few units)pfffffff when they just didnt know how to upgrade ......

man  this is a good game ... and i play it for fun ... and to challange the online players... maybe emperor is now like a "Ghost town" cuz when we log in there are no ppl .. just an meteor moving around in ur screen... i think we shoulda recommend this game to others ... if they like this they shoulda play it online and if they play it online "Emperor Ghost Town in Dune" title would be changed to Emperor Battle for Dune again  ;D

i never played computergames, except two of them. the first was "supaplex" (verry oldschool...lol), and the second was dune 2....after them both, i doesnt played some years, til a friend shows me emp...i trie it, played the campaign, and then i wanted to stop playing, to do things wich are importanter than gaming, but them i tried the online way to play against real opponists.....and yeahhh guys, thats the one and only, except ea make a new dune game like this....lol....

but in the end its just fun for me...maybe a strange kind of friendship, and the will to get better...but i never have a problem with loosing, against equal or better players...

dont ask me because i dont know why, but its like that and thats the way it is.......ggg

KALONY

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, as long as ppl are having fun they are winners. ;)

wanna add that you make good friends with emp, i made a real good friend, leo, with emp and a lots of others, all skum players are good friends and i have some old SOW members as my friends a few from FEW etc etc ;) so i play for fun AND friendship :D

• 1 month later...

Emp is the best rts game ever. I love the cinematics and storyline, even though the ppl have changed names. I like it how you can decide for yourself which county you will invade. And the music is great.

The game is really good multiplayer as well. The Sub Houses makes the game more interesting and are really cool.