Landsraad's defence by Nyar..

Nyarlathotep

And seniority be damned. I'm the newest member here with a position. Newest member to be on the Landsraad and be a moderator as far as I know.

Ghosthunter is newest moderator and a bunch of us are newest Landsraad'ers. ;D

(But you are somewhat correct)

Not what I meant, I am the most recent member of Fed2k (user ID) to be a moderator as far as I know. And it's not a point necessary for quibbling.

Ex, I've done just fine moderating Dune Editing. You couldn't moderate a gerbil debate on hamster politics.

Ex, I've done just fine moderating Dune Editing. You couldn't moderate a gerbil debate on hamster politics.

actually i seem to recall Gob correcting corrupt actions you've taken on that board in regards to myself.  if you need me to prove it then i'm happy to oblige

yea,Sure inoc tell yourself that.

I can see inoc is reverting to flamming me when i was simply saying good buy to a memeber of the forum, I dont know what his problem was, I was trying to be polite, and he responded by flamming me. I didnt do anything to deserve this beside good bye to a member.

and your wrong.

Date Registerd:

September 24, 2002, 19:32:49- Inoc

March 15, 2003, 23:06:19-Ghosthunter.

Nav, I made a judgement call that Gob disagreed with. It was not corrupt in any sense of the word, and could not be construed as such no matter how many times you say it.

if it was not corrupt then Gob would not have corrected it.  especially given how much he hates me as a person.

GhostHunter was originally Vilgant Ex and you know that, just like we still call you Ex.

Nav, corrupt is a word reserved for politics, religion, and the like, not deleting a thread in which you made inappropriate comments towards modders that couldn't make a mod you wanted.

Ex, you can tell yourself that, but you did drive number6 off.

I'm sure we can all point fingers, but I am not sure what it will accomplish.

And what did we learn from the last thread that got 9 pages in two days? Not much other than accusations and such. Much like in a courtroom that is long and tedious.

Yes nav, Even if he stabbed me in the back I still forgive him, it was the right thing of him to do.

I just said the landsrrad decide who gets banned, u said shut up, i did, Doc brought it up a page later and threatened me, all this started bla bla bla, nothing has been solved and nothing will becouse either side refues to budge a inch.

Nema, How do we know this? We cant see the board and just having someone tell me isnt good enough im a bit skeptical about everything and untill i have proof i belive nothing, and I shouldnt.

I think everybody should cool it...

I hold Nema in high regards and trust what he sais. I find it highly doubtfull that he would lie to you over something this silly. All the members of the Landsraad are cool guys and I like them all and hold them all in high regards. They all help out this community whenever they can...its when people start to flame them and they defend themselves is when everybody starts to dislike them. I have read through this thread and found that everybody saying things about the raad is just stupid when you dont know what you are talking about.

Everybody thinks that the Raad has some magical power to manipulate the boards at there will. This is not true as members of the raad and Gob have all said. Its just a special group of people that get there own board, nothing more. I personally think that people who flame the Landsraad are just a bit jelious that they arnt a member, or that one of the members flamed you at one point.

Ive been here a good while and I cant count the times when Doc or Number6 and the otheres helped me out alot.

The whole TMA_1/ExAtreides episode last year was a very public incident. I am sure we all remember how TMA_1 was trying to stick up for Ex. TMA_1 refused to admit that he got his information from Ex. If you read what Doc posted from the PM you see that Ex and TMA were playing the whole message board to create mistrust about the Landsraad. I personaly think it is more important to show the true nature of Ex and TMA. Sure it was a PM sent to Doc after the incident was over. If TMA really wanted to apologize for his actions he should have posted that PM as a topic in the general forum addressed to the whole community. Instead he sends an PM to Doc and a few other members of the Landsraad saying he is sorry for how he acted.

Facts:

1) Almost everyone figured the Raad as being a bunch of corrupt and dishonest people. Especially after the previous discussion when Ex was kicked out of the Raad (read that thread I linked, almost all of you defended Ex in that thread).

2) I had every right to start this thread, in which I would defend the group of people I belong to (everyone can defend themselfs right ??).

3) This thread has shown that Ex and TMA lied to all of you during that previous discussion. However, TMA apologized to me, which for me meant that as far as TMA is concerned, this issue was over and forgotten.

4) However, Ex still kept bashing the Raad in almost every post he made. I wanted to show you people that he lied to all of you, in which I succeded. I'm not asking you people to start bashing Ex now, neither do I want to see him banned (I never said I would did I ?). I wanted to make a point, which I did.

5) I tried pointing out that we aren't corrupt and dishonest as has been stated several times. I've made my point, I've proven Ex lied. It's now up to you guys to see what you want to do with the truth. As it seems, it wasn't the outcome you seemed to expect. Truth hurts eh ?

If after all that's been said, if after all that I have proven you still wish to see me as corrupt and dishonest (remember, I'm part of the Raad), then it's fine by me. If that would keep you all happy, then be happy.

I'll leave the thread open, but stop flaming eachother.

This is Gob's site, and what he says goes. If he deems someone's priveleges has been abused, that is a matter for him to decide, and deal with as he sees fit, though you are of course able to inform him of all circumstances you consider pertinent.

I think this is all that really needs to be said.  I'm away from the site for three months and another one of these threads start up...it's quite sad that people are still arguing about it.

good gravy, this is spinning out of control.

There is good reason for this thread, as there are many people I respect in landsraad, like nema and nyar for example. I did indeed lie in the past, and thought it was right as ex is a friend and still is no matter what, great guy! It was wrong of me to lie though and that is why I apologized. I was wrong for bashing landsraad and so now I apologize for that in public, to satisfy those who are still upset at me. I really was out of line.

Still though, I think that some people are extremely over-critical of ex. He has been punished much, and is still very young. he has growing up to do as all of us do, and is one of the best friends a person can have, even if he does get silly sometimes, and sometimes out of line like all of us like I have said before.

You are right that raad isnt an inherently bad group, it has done some silly stuff, but that is bound to happen and who cares? It shouldnt be disbanded or anything, as there are many mature people in it who have better things to do than to plot and whatnot.

still lay off of ex a bit though, he doesnt deserve the amount of flaming that he recieves. He makes mistakes out of a bit of immaturity, but didnt we all at the same age, and even now? also sorry ex for all of this, feel partially responsible. I was just upset at the time and shouldnt have double crossed ya like that.

Also thanks scytale and inoc for the nice things said, really helps me out ot know your opinions about me are in that light, thanks again! really cool.

Let me remind you all:

1. This is Gob's site, and what he says goes. If he deems someone's priveleges has been abused, that is a matter for him to decide, and deal with as he sees fit, though you are of course able to inform him of all circumstances you consider pertinent.

2. Anyone who believes the Landsraad are some clandestine society bent on subverting the forum and/or the world really has been reading too much fanfic, or taking our jokes about world domination too seriously. Indeed, there was a thread once about how we could leave clues about our method of world domination and see if people could piece it all together. The Landsraad is not a political organisation

3. Anyone can talk to anyone about anyone behind their backs, be it by IM, by email, through instant messenger programmes, or by penny-postage. The fact is that there isn't a chance in hell of stopping it, and furthermore it's not always wrong. I don't think there's much I've said in the landsraad that I wouldn't (or haven't) said to people's faces at the time.

The fact is, it's more convenient to talk in measured terms about someone when they're not in the conversation complaining that you're 'flaming them'. The landrsaad were initially a group of the core of Fed2k who got on well together, and who could be trusted with a board on Fed2k.

4. As I saw it when it was created, the Landsraad title meant that anyone should be able to go up to you and ask you for help on the forum. The Landsraad represented an experienced character on the forum (or at least one who knew well enough how to use it), and perhaps a little natural propensity to be helpful.

For people to come and criticise it, decry it as a subversice political society, accuse it of ostracising members... it defeats the object, it creates a bad atmosphere, it degrades the whole of Fed2k, wastes everyone's time - and the vast majority of the grievances are exaggerated, misconstrued, taken far to seriously, or just plain lies. It really is pathetic, pointless, and sickening. What's more, I suspect that many of those who join the assault would display little better conduct had they access to such a board.

When the Landsraad was created, I was Dune Editing Staff, and so at the time, and thereafter had access (I've only actually been 'Landsraad' for a few months). Since then, it's mostly been the same old jokes about Mahdi's hats, bribing Gob with goats or $30, complaining about all sorts of things from goldfish to taxes, and the occasional comment that such-and-such a post by so-and-so was rather offensive etc. It is really not worth all the hassle, and there just isn't the sinister plot that people are making out.

Even tough I have nothing to do with this issue, I feel like answering this post:

1.Fair enough.

2.Asking someone to believe your opinion just based on your past behavior is not a correct approch Nema. I would have same reasons to believe both sides.

3. At this point, after all the problems that the landsraad has created (on which I have my personal *experience*) I think that is not longer good to have it, specially if the topics treated on that selected forum are basically the same things that could be considered in a open forum.

Keeping things like the current situation is just a good way to prove that the landsraad is really something else.