Landsraad's defence by Nyar..

Nyarlathotep

I wasent talking to you though silly! lol I was talking to nyar. I really have changed from my moody past. used to be as bad as Dean.lol but that was largely because of circumstances I couldnt change. I am upset because that was a long time ago, I apologized and havent since gotten into the landsraad business, though you are testing it because you are just really zealous about this.

It is bizzare that you say I am moody, yet you are screaming about this like I am the anti christ.lol I mean what do you want from me? nyar accepted my apology, he doesnt have to like me, I dont care, but he was mature enough to stop attacking me. He even was nice enough to apologize for this, and he didnt even need to, so that is really cool of him. why dont you act a bit more like nyar and grow up? that is all.

and if I didnt make my apology public, it was because I didnt want to look arrogant and silly, I thought it would mean more to you guys if it was prsonal. Sorry if I screwed up there.

TMA_1,

As far as I can tell you have not changed. That's twice now that you have suggested that I grow up. I am not moody. I have consistantly disliked you since all that Landsraad business. I simply tolerate you for the most part now. As long as you don't cross any boundaries I will not respond to any of your posts. Since you deleted the offending post in this thread I have nothing more to say to you at this point.

offending post?lol I just asked nyar to be a bit more sensitive about things, I thought it would be nice of me to delete it since he understood where I came from. I think you are getting a bit too PC.lol If that post offended you, then you really are moody.

and sometimes the truth hurts. you need to grow up a little, and stop being so aggresive. good gravy!

I had nothing against you, and still dont, just calm down a little.

by the way sorry nyar for taking this thread off topic, I wont respond anymore.

I'm not the one saying how hurt I am by what other people post here. I could care less what you say about or think of me. I was merely assisting Doc in his defense of the Landsraad when I saw people start calling him a hypocrite. That all started after your post and that's how you got involved. Now you are making a mountain out of a mole hill again as usual. If it makes you happy to think of me as a moody person then I will let you live in your little fantasy world.

Slow down guys.... jeez... one thing you've got to understand about TMA here number6 is he is generally painfully honest. He's just trying to suggest that you both cool things down. I can understand how "grow up" would seem imflamatory but I can guarantee that TMA does not mean it to be.

TMA, Number6, I respect both oof you more than just about anyone else on these boards, and I think you've both taken each others posts and responded excessively. I can understand a furvor for defending Nyar here, and I feel the same way, but Ex's stupid little spiels about the Raad aren't worth getting aggravated about.

I'm Sorry if I disapoint the landsrrad, but i will not apologize for what I did.

Helping a very good freind of mine is VERY importent to me.

Choosing between helping a freind and staying in some secret allience and having that friend have insults thrown against him behind his back is stupid.

I honestly dont see how any one can suport that

Number6 I really honestly don't care, Im not here to talk with you but with doc.

I'm not trying to topple the landsrrad, Im mearly trying to inform the average poster of all that happens behind his back, They deserve to know if your talking about them behind their back.

I believe I have some of your posts in Landsraad where you are talking about people behind their back as you put it. I don't think you should be casting any stones if you are guilty of the same sin.

Yea I'll admit I was guilty of doing that,

But I made up for it when I gave TMA that information,

Im not saying I was perfect when I was in the landsrrad I seen what it was like in there I seen how you people interact and hurl stones at people, I threw them to like almost all of you have. And I have sorrow of this and regrets, thats how i differ from the rest of you.

I gave it up to help a freind, when I could have simply ignored him and thrown more stones, But I made a choice, and a right one it was.

But I made a choice, and a right one it was.

so you're happy about giving info to TMA1 even tho he stabbed you in the back with it, ratted you out about it, and got you kicked from the Landsraad for doing so?

if I were you i'd feel disappointed and regretful that i helped out a turncoat

Let me remind you all:

1. This is Gob's site, and what he says goes. If he deems someone's priveleges has been abused, that is a matter for him to decide, and deal with as he sees fit, though you are of course able to inform him of all circumstances you consider pertinent.

2. Anyone who believes the Landsraad are some clandestine society bent on subverting the forum and/or the world really has been reading too much fanfic, or taking our jokes about world domination too seriously. Indeed, there was a thread once about how we could leave clues about our method of world domination and see if people could piece it all together. The Landsraad is not a political organisation

3. Anyone can talk to anyone about anyone behind their backs, be it by IM, by email, through instant messenger programmes, or by penny-postage. The fact is that there isn't a chance in hell of stopping it, and furthermore it's not always wrong. I don't think there's much I've said in the landsraad that I wouldn't (or haven't) said to people's faces at the time.

The fact is, it's more convenient to talk in measured terms about someone when they're not in the conversation complaining that you're 'flaming them'. The landrsaad were initially a group of the core of Fed2k who got on well together, and who could be trusted with a board on Fed2k.

4. As I saw it when it was created, the Landsraad title meant that anyone should be able to go up to you and ask you for help on the forum. The Landsraad represented an experienced character on the forum (or at least one who knew well enough how to use it), and perhaps a little natural propensity to be helpful.

For people to come and criticise it, decry it as a subversice political society, accuse it of ostracising members... it defeats the object, it creates a bad atmosphere, it degrades the whole of Fed2k, wastes everyone's time - and the vast majority of the grievances are exaggerated, misconstrued, taken far to seriously, or just plain lies. It really is pathetic, pointless, and sickening. What's more, I suspect that many of those who join the assault would display little better conduct had they access to such a board.

When the Landsraad was created, I was Dune Editing Staff, and so at the time, and thereafter had access (I've only actually been 'Landsraad' for a few months). Since then, it's mostly been the same old jokes about Mahdi's hats, bribing Gob with goats or $30, complaining about all sorts of things from goldfish to taxes, and the occasional comment that such-and-such a post by so-and-so was rather offensive etc. It is really not worth all the hassle, and there just isn't the sinister plot that people are making out.

How the heck did the hat thing start anyway? The first time I can recall it was when I made a joke or something... about a bribe... does anyone remember how we got onto that?

And I think you've summed it up perfectly Nema.

Yes nav, Even if he stabbed me in the back I still forgive him, it was the right thing of him to do.

I just said the landsrrad decide who gets banned, u said shut up, i did, Doc brought it up a page later and threatened me, all this started bla bla bla, nothing has been solved and nothing will becouse either side refues to budge a inch.

Nema, How do we know this? We cant see the board and just having someone tell me isnt good enough im a bit skeptical about everything and untill i have proof i belive nothing, and I shouldnt.

Well, if you don't know something either way, don't claim it is one way when you can't possibly know. That you are cynical is your own opinion, and you have no basis for claiming that there is some sort of conspiracy, that we are banning people, or any such thing! If you happen to distrust the members, there's no reason to go round spreading bad feeling with no reason.

"I just said the landsrrad decide who gets banned"

Well, this claim is simply false.

"untill i have proof i belive nothing, and I shouldnt."

And until you have proof, neither should you believe that we are doing anything underhand. Nor should you try to convince others of it, nor should you be spreading false rumours about it.

As to how you know I'm not lying, I'm afraid that one's on trust. If you have none, that is your problem.

Yes nav, Even if he stabbed me in the back I still forgive him, it was the right thing of him to do.

just wanna be sure i am understanding this correctly:  TMA1 stabbing you in the back was the right thing for him to do?  [pardon me to everyone else, i have an inquiring mind  ;D]

Ex, you were part of the Landsraad. Are you saying the whole time you were there it was as you say or more like what Nema says?

What Nema said was all facts.

Next people will be saying the Dune Editing and moderators are all doing evil things on their board and it should be abolished. ::)

Ah the old seniority argument. I know a lot of members don't like it that I am in Landsraad because they have been here longer or contributed to the site more. To show that I really could care less about the title I will resign from Landsraad. It's really not all that important to me and never was except that some people here thought enough of my contributions in the past to vote me in. Sure Doc nominated me every chance he could, but it took the majority of Landsraad members to vote me in, so in that respect it was special to me.

As far as seniority is concerned. Even though I did not join this site until July 2002 I was on the Emperor boards when the game came out. I posted in many topics there. By the time the official board went down I had lost most of my interest in playing the game, but I did enjoy following Doc's lockup thread so I eventually followed Doc hear and joined the Fed2K forum.

I think it is time for me to move on. I find little fun coming here lately and I don't contribute anymore which seems to be very important to some members here. I am sorry, but I do have a real life with a family and a career. Forum posting has always been a part time hobby of mine.

If anyone wishes to contact me in the future I will be available on the Gameheaven Forum for a good while yet. I am retiring my number6 account here at Fed2K.

Goodbye.

Shut up Ex, thanks to your bullshit a great guy is leaving the boards. Number6 got me into the Landsraad, and by all reports nominated me several times. Ex, you're just a colossal jack ass that you've driven Number6 to this.

And seniority be damned. I'm the newest member here with a position. Newest member to be on the Landsraad and be a moderator as far as I know.

Shut up Ex, thanks to your bullshit a great guy is leaving the boards. Number6 got me into the Landsraad, and by all reports nominated me several times. Ex, you're just a colossal jack ass that you've driven Number6 to this.

And seniority be damned. I'm the newest member here with a position. Newest member to be on the Landsraad and be a moderator as far as I know.

...and the quoted-text here is a shining example of just how well that is working out  ::)