Unreal Engine based games..

Well... in the last couple of days every game i play who's using the unreal engine, it freezes after a while.. if its in the main menu.. or in the middle of the game... and everytime it happens i have to restart my computer :( so far its only the ut2004 demo and "america's army"... i attached my dxdiag, plz help me...[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

Nope. i tried the official ones (53.03) and still getting stucked :'( also, i remmember when i had XIII (another game using the unreal engine) it also got stucked alot... plz help almost every game is based on the unreal engine and i love all of em... so plz try to help me..

I doubt it's a performance issue; my comp is a little slower than yours and it still runs all of those games fine.

Have you tried reinstalling DX9 yet?  Also, have you played any older Unreal-based games in thae past and had trouble (eg, Unreal Tournament)

Ok, i'v been searching deeper now, and i found out the following:

Most of the times, i ussualy crashes exactly 8 minutes after i started the game (after i launched the exe), now but some times (happens rarely) it crashes right when i start it...

Second, i found out it's a sound card issue, seems that people like me had these problems too and all had similar sound card or another that is very old, but none of them posted the solutions...

now plz can anyone search deeper for me? and not to say "buy another sound card" cause i'm not planing too in the near future... so please guys, help...

As I can't open any attached files, do you have an onboard sound card ? If so, try disabling it in the BIOS.

If you have an PCI/ISA sound card, try uninstalling it, take it out and see if the crash then still happens.

Are there any new drivers for your sound card ?

Thing is, when i disable sounds in ut (using safe mode) it works like charm but still... i cant hear anything, i dont have an onboard sound or atleast i dont know if i have (cause i never seend something like it on my BIOS) and i have "Avance AC97" or something...

also, i defraged yesterday the C drive, and i test ut... works! i play it for 2 hours and then im off to play AA (America's Army) and i play for 3 hours i think and then it suddenly freezes like before :'( i reboot, try to play AA and then in the 8 minuts zone it crashes... so my problem is back... i tried defraging C drive again but no use...

Oh my god... now im really pissed >:( next time when fixing at that stupid technician i'll tell him in these very words: "DONT UNPLUG THE SECOND FAN!!!!"

anyway... things are working far more than good... thx for trying to help anyway...