Dune 2000 is still alive!

Iain McNeil

• 3 weeks later...

LOL life is like that.  I never even got to LAN game dune 2000 but could play everything else.  My son and I saved up for ages to buy 2 disks for the game so that we could play and we were sadly disappointed. It never ran more than 15 minutes in LAN and it has never been fixed by any of the patches and since back then we couldn't afford net time......  So count you blessings.  we loved the game but could only drool...

• 4 weeks later...

hi-

this is only my 2nd post on FED2k but this was another forum that caught my eye.

i saw some people in page 1 sayin Dune 2000 was boring, or dull-

well, i have every C&C except Generals (that bombed compared to Rise of Nations-in my opinion), and i think Dune 2000 equates pretty darn well compared to most other Westwood games.

but-

maybe thats just me, cause i just recently bought a copy of Dune 2000 from the UK, and i havent played any of the other Dune games...

yeah-

where can i buy a copy of Emperor? they dont sell it in stores no more.

seeing as the dune2000 server is down then i would say the most playable feature of the game (online) has been lost... thus for now DUNE 2000 IS DEAD (sorry does the uppercase offend you ?) unless of course i have got it wrong and there is another server hidden somewhere that i can not find.

There are other hidden servers as we speak. You can read about them if you follow this forum from page one.

Dune2000 is not dead, just in case you do need a concluding statement.

I'm in M'sia on a holiday, and have a laptop with me. It's pretty lousy so I can't run Renegade, Generals or Emperor. So I installed several old games. My favs are Heroes III Complete and Dune2000...

Dune2000 is fine for me. For those who say Dune 2 is better, and for those who says that those who played Dune2 first will claim that it is better... well, I played Dune 2 first, but I'd say Dune2000 is much better. The main reason is not the graphics (I don't judge games by graphics), but ergonomic value. Dune2000 had a much easier interface to work with... it's like comparing Warcraft with Warcraft 2. The improvement in the way the mouse works is a major improvement, since you no longer need to continuously click on the Attack and Move buttons to execute their respective commands.

But... about playing older games and saying that they're better... there is no way I'm gonna try Doom 3 (or at least I have convinced myself presently to be able to say this). I still prefer my classic Dooms. Final Doom, Ultimate Doom and Final Doom are all I need to keep me busy... plus Heroes III, which is the drug.

have tried wxis but for some reason the connection drops after a about 30 seconds...have also looked for other servers but only found kali apparently also supports dune 2000. haven't got it working yet (think coz there are no other dune 2000 players on !!!!). can anyone help ??? THANKS