the portugese and spanish

I just read a part of a history book about spain and portugal. To me it acctually seems just the way they started conquering and waging war during the 15th century. They had been oppressed by the muslims for centuries, and wanted revenge.

They acctually sabotaged the Muslim trade with the east, and eventually took it over. The muslim leaders threatened them by telling the Pope they'd destroy the tomb of christ, if the attacks of the portugese were not stopped. the portugese replied that they would not stop their conquering until they had taken Mekka.

After reading this I acctually understand the rage the portugese and spanish felt towards the oppressors. Kinda cool though, how they managed to develop from occupied countries to super powers.

::)kindof revenge ?

howbout that Queen Isabell force moslem & jew civilian to convert christian or dead ?

Those arabs not only occupied in mid of EU but also knowledge, science & technology while EU crawling in the age of Darkness. ::)

revenge is unnecessary, if they can't conquering Mecca.