Saddam's Pics were Racist

this thread is about how racist the US government is and most of the US civilians based on their reaction to the racist footage of Saddam being unbathed and filthy that was glorified amongst all US media outlets

this footage has the strong implicit message that "all people with brown skin and all Muslims are dirty unkempt animals"

it's subtle unspoken racism like this that fuels regular joes to join the Aryan Nation and kids to commit vandalism on Mosques etc.

the US should be ashamed of itself for those pics/videos

* * Sarcastic argument * *

You're absolutely right!  It happens all the time.  Those racist NBA telecasts are trying to portray black people as sweaty, angry, competitive brutes.  And those hockey games on TV are trying to portray Canadians as concussed, toothless morons.  And every time you see a white guy in a suit, they're trying to say that whites are perfect and sqeaky clean and that everybody else is dirty and EVIL!  And whenever you see a woman in anything but a twenty-foot blanket, they're trying to tell you that women are dirty slutty sex objects.

* * Serious argument * *

If they had claimed they captured him, you would have declared them liars, and demanded pictures.

They released pictures, now you demand that they should have portrayed him in a more positive way.

But if they had bathed him and reclothed him in something more attractive, you would have demanded that they showed pictures, in context, of his capture, which would obviously place him in a hole in the ground in dirty surroundings.  You also would have accused US authorities of being perpetuating propaganda by pretending to show him mercy.

sorry Akriku but i am not racist at all.  in fact i've even had gfs of many different races which are not the same as my own.

in the future if you don't having anything sensible to add to my thread, please do not post in it. thank you.

Navaros, Saddam had been on the lam since the US had invaded Iraq. He was filthy because he was filthy and a matter of fact every last one of the former "leaders" of Iraq that have been caught have looked almost the same way. Saddam in no way represents Muslims understand that Saddam is a pagan Arab.

The US is being racist by showing photos of Saddam being filthy what did you expect him to look like he had spent the day at the spa? What is racist about the published photos of Saddam's capture?

this footage has the strong implicit message that "all people with brown skin and all Muslims are dirty unkempt animals"

it's subtle unspoken racism like this that fuels regular joes to join the Aryan Nation and kids to commit vandalism on Mosques etc.

I think this thread should be about ignorance of the majority in what is commonly referred to as the "West".

Why do you continually lump Saddam and Muslims together?  Saddam persecuted and hated certain types of Muslims.  Largely, Saddam ran a secular state.  You're probably one of those uneducated types who think that Saddam and Bin Laden would have been working together - if Bin Laden had shown his face in Iraq, Saddam would probably have had him shot.  Just because we're "us" and they're "them", don't think in shades of black and white - not all Western, christian "democracies" like the USA and not all Middle East/Arabic/Muslim states like Saddam or Bin Laden.  In fact, you're probably not even aware that not all Muslims are alike and not all Muslims even like each other or approve of what other Muslims do.  Things aren't that basic.  Grow up.

Absolutely the average under informed person is an idiot.  After September 11th you heard tons of people in my school (some of whom are now in Iraq with the United States Army) saying things like "Let's kill the towelheads". 

Most humans need not know anything beyond what is implied in the propaganda they are assailed with.  Ignorance is bliss, reality is a slap in the face.

deliberately releases pics that it knows while fuel their racism and hatred for Muslims/people with brown skin.

no .. what fuels americans hatred for muslims is when the fundamentalist do stupid shit like crash planes into our twin towers and our pentagon.

You know how many people lost a relative or friend during all of that?

The one that really got me was the senator's wife who was on one of the planes and was calling him

no .. what fuels americans hatred for muslims is when the fundamentalist do stupid shit

Exactly.  When the fundamentalists do stupid shit - not the real Muslims.  It's like anyone else in the world blaming all Christians for something that Dubya did "in the name of God and this Christian nation" or whatever.  I don't think any fundamentalists - Muslim or otherwise - should colour our view of a religion as a whole.  And that goes for Christian fundamentalists too.

The has been permanent damage done here by the fundamentalists... and no politically correct babble coming from anyone is gonna repair that damage.

Do you classify as "politically correct babble" the protestations of innocence from most Muslim countries and the genuine believers?  Because that's what it is.  In all truth, the majority probably had no idea of and wouldn't have approved of any of the extremist attacks.  Again you're letting your views of the many be coloured by the actions of the minority - the same as a few stupid Americans give the genuinely intelligent ones a bad reputation (or a few English hooligans give anyone with a British accent a bad reputation too).  The examples go on and on.

Actually, some pyschologists would argue that Navaros' sexual taste for members of other races may, in fact, be a form of racism. Sexuality is sometimes used as a form of control, and desiring sexual intercorse specifically with members of other races may indicate a desire to exert undue control over them.

How's that for insensitive and racist?

Nav, if America really wanted to be racist, they'd be showing that picture of Saddam all the time. Why stop with Saddam? They control Iraq, why not go out every day and take as many pictures of impoverished Arabs as possible? Personally, this is not the case. I would argue that America has shown the Iraqi people as much respect as is possible for this situation. Notice how American forces consistently state their goal of improving the standard of living for Iraqis while ensuring the respect for their civil rights.

http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/kalat.asp

The assertion that America is acting under racist motives is as offensive to Iraqis as it is to Americans. Both have died. More of both will die. If any of these deaths are to not be in vain, if any sort of freedom and humanity is to come from this horrible situation, we must work for it to come. Regardless of what happened in the past, regardless of any objection to this war, we have to deal with it -- it was wrong -- but we must live with it. If we are to make the best of this situation, if we are to make this world better, we cannot start throwing around accusations. We must assume the best, and work for the best. Otherwise, all of those deaths will be in vain, and whether or not Bush lied about WMDs will be the least of our problems.

Actually, some pyschologists would argue that Navaros' sexual taste for members of other races may, in fact, be a form of racism. Sexuality is sometimes used as a form of control, and desiring sexual intercorse specifically with members of other races may indicate a desire to exert undue control over them.

How's that for insensitive and racist?

i don't know about you; but i've found that gfs (and i don't mean *sluts* btw LOL) are very hard to come by in this world. it's not like i can go to an assembly line and have one made-to-order or something.

" don't know about you; but i've found that gfs (and i don't mean *sluts* btw LOL) are very hard to come by in this world. it's not like i can go to an assembly line and have one made-to-order or something.  therefore, i'm not so foolish as to deny myself a good thing just cuz a girl's not of any particular race.  i don't proactively seek out girls of any one race.  i just utilize opportunities as they happen to be presented to me.

"

Cool. Nav, there would only have been an issue had you specifically sought out girls of other races. Then that would be a little wierd. But, since you don't, that's okay.

I've seen pictures of the new Saddam. They had a shot of him clean-shaven talking with some US g-men, or soldiers, or somesuch.

I've seen pictures of the new Saddam. They had a shot of him clean-shaven talking with some US g-men, or soldiers, or somesuch.

I have too.. the new pics are of him clean shaved with his old haircut.... with the old mustache he use to have.. and they even gave him nice stylish clothes to wear...  dont know if he really deserves all that.