Map Editor Issues

Kyle

Whenever i try to make a map with the map editor...i go to file>new and then the program freezes...it says program is not responding...i can make maps using the tutorials but it won't let me create a new map...please help  ???

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, have you tried re-installing the Map Editor? When the program locks up, how much disk activity is your computer getting? I've never had this problem, I can only suggest re-installing or waiting to see if the program finishes whatever its doing, but besides that I'm lost as to what the problem could be.  :-

If all else fails, use the workaround with the tutorials. Open a tutorial, then delete everything in the map so that you have a fresh base to start off with. The major disadvantage here is that you'll be stuck with the Arrakis template, and won't be able to resize your map.

• 4 weeks later...

definitely got the ad aware...and still no go on the map editor...i think it's just that i need more memory on my comp...cause whenever i click new...the comp usage goes to 100%.  ah well. 8)