Bush's speach to the nation

Who has been more convincing?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been more convincing?

• Mahdi
    • Gunwounds

"surveys are dependant upon the survey taker telling the complete truth.... thats why they are flawed..."

Firstly, I never said that the statistics were discovered using surveys, case studies, or what.  You merely assumed they were used by surveys.  As for the survey takers telling the truth that is a legitamate concern, however unlike presidentail polls, there are statistical methods to eliminate such concerns.  I was also not jsut mentioning one statistical result.  If you will read the first post I made you will see that I mention that their are multiple surverys by multiple groups (census Canada, Alberta, Ohio, America, a couple other government and independant research studies) all of which come up with the same number of 6.  For both men and women.

"when a scientist examines someone to see how many chromosomes they have... it will be considered a FACT if he performed the test correctly"

Sure, but I bet the first time it was discovered that humans have 23 chromosone sets it was retested a hundred times by both the original researcher and people attempting to duplicate there results.  Otherwise, like I said, you could test someone, come up with 22 sets, and declare to the world that human beings only have 22 sets, even though there are 23.

"i assume your sex survey was the same.... what .. maybe a few thousand were surveyed??"

That's a few thousand mroe than one guy in a locker room or the number of people you've been exposed to.  Why should the, say, hundred people you know be more representative than the thousands upon thousands of people studied throughout north america by both multiple government and multiple independant reaserchers?

"i am sorry but i dont not put faith in "sample" surveys"

But you put fiath in some guy you heard talkign in a locker room?  That makes sense.

"it was not an attack on psychology.... not like you have been attacking me personally with sexist, puritan, judgement  insults."

Your posts are sexist.

Definition of "Sexist" accordin to Mirriam-Webster:

1 : prejudice or discrimination based on sex; especially : discrimination against women

2 : behavior, conditions, or attitudes that foster stereotypes of social roles based on sex

You have made multiple posts denouncing women who have sex with multiple people, multiple posts saying that only "virtuose" women are worthy to be married, multiple posts implying marriage is the most important thing to women, multiple calling of girls who have multiple partners whores, you've stated that only a loser would mary a girl who has had sex 6 times.  All of which show prejudice and discrimination based on sex, and the fostering of the sterotype that women must be good and "pure" while it doesn't matter whether men are or not.

Definition of Puritan according to Merriam-Webster dictionary:

1 capitalized : a member of a 16th and 17th century Protestant group in England and New England opposing as unscriptural the ceremonial worship and the prelacy of the Church of England

2 : one who practices or preaches a more rigorous or professedly purer moral code than that which prevails

Average number of sexual partners for any erson:  6.

You said that any woman who has 6 partners is a whore.

Therefore you profese to have a purer moral code.

Therefore you are a Puritan.

Definition of Judgement from Mirreiam-Webster dictionary:

1 a : a formal utterance of an authoritative opinion b : an opinion so pronounced

... (stuff relating to judges and court)

6 : a proposition stating something believed or asserted

You said,a dn I quote, "heheheheh  .....  ya ok.... i think most guys would cross a girl off their potential marriage list if she had been  done by 6 different guys... i dont care how  great you thought she was....  you see some beautiful girl.. and you find out she has been with six guys? you not gonna look at her in a different way?.... heh...  the only reason you would look past that is if you were a very insecure man...... and thought hey..... i am such a loser i may never get  another chance to be with a girl like this...."

Soudns pretty judgemental to me.

How about we both stop posting and see what others have to say about this little debate?  See which one of us they decide made the msot sense.

good grief, gunwounds you call mahdi a judgemental puritan... do you know what those words mean?lol

if anybody you are the jdugemental puritan. What if one girl slept around but stopped and wanted to settle down, changed to a more laid back and mature lifestyle. would you call her a whore? if you did I would have to confront you about it.

you say many things that are way over the top and puritanical. Do you say these things just for the sake of argument or what?

All of which show prejudice and discrimination based on sex, and the fostering of the sterotype that women must be good and "pure" while it doesn't matter whether men are or not.

ok make the poll.... but i want to clear up something....

your remark above in the quote... is incorrect... i did not proclaim what my stance on men was.... i was simply using women as an example.

you say many things that are way over the top and puritanical. Do you say these things just for the sake of argument or what?

ok look.... i am not trying to inflame you TMA... or rile you up... i am being honest.. telling you how i feel from my heart.

if a woman slept with 6 men to me she would be invalidated for marriage .  I do not need or want that kind of baggage in my relationship.  It may seem unfair to you TMA... but everyone has a right to lay down guidelines for choosing their lifemates.

the same would go if i was a woman..... i would hold men to the same guidelines.

namp, dont start the trendy liberal crap.lol it is driving me insane!!!

I'm not doing this to be a trendy liberal, I said it because I would be pretty fucking pissed of if the leaders of my country started pulling down their religius fanatism down over my head.

"If you look up the statistics the number of sexual partners the average person has is not all that high.  Different studies vary in their exact numbers, but usually most report having 6 sexual partners in their entire life"

Mahdi, is that really true?

If so, I am deeply shocked... the human race is far more despicable than I'd imagined... just to think about it, I mean, I frown on the idea of that number being two, and... well... I'm quite lost for words!

That's quite a depressing thought... Arrgh!

And to think Gunwounds is arguing that more is common...

I can't believe it; if this is humanity, I want nothing to do with it!

Yes...I too am wondering why you seem to be so authoritarian with respect to the way people conduct themselves sexually...

As for the rest of this thread, Mahdi has done a nice job of blowing Gunwounds to bits, but I have a couple of things to add...

With respect to your linking the work crazy to the word fanatical through a thesauras, that is flawed.

Similarly, you have no idea what you would think if you were born a woman.

oh really ace??.. i dont know what i would have been like as a woman.. but i DO know my parents.... and i DO know how they would have raised me seeing as how i have been on this earth with them for 25 years.... if i had had a sister  ... knowing my father.... she would have been more conservativve that even i am....

and as for the poor spanking example you gave... you can look at all teh spoiled rotten children who havent been spanked.... and observe THEIR behaviour..... my wife is friends with this one woman who doesnt not spank or touch her children or raise her voice.... her kids are absolute monsters.... one day the children were at their absolute worst and my wife asked her if she could go straigten them out..... she said yes... my wife went in there and grabbed them by their arms pushed them on their beds told them in a firm voice to not get up or they would be sorry......... talk about angels....didnt hear a peep out of them .

you are so wrong ace  dont even come with that weak arguement.

and one more thing.....

people DONT get spanked their ENTIRE lives.... their parents let them slipp sometimes ... givem them a chance to act right without having to get spanked..... kinda like a last resort...

so people DO know how they would have been if they hadnt gotten spanked.....

when i wasnt spanked i was absolutely a hellion

when my dad put the strap to me i was a perfect angel....

your arguement is so flawed...  come again thanks k bye.

"oh really ace??.. i dont know what i would have been like as a woman.. but i DO know my parents.... and i DO know how they would have raised me seeing as how i have been on this earth with them for 25 years.... if i had had a sister  ... knowing my father.... she would have been more conservativve that even i am...."

How do you know your parents wouldn't have treated you differently?  And seeing as how you would genetically be a different person, how do you know you wouldn't have rebeled?  A new set of variables makes for a different outcome.  Similar, maybe, but not the same.

"and as for the poor spanking example you gave... you can look at all teh spoiled rotten children who havent been spanked.... and observe THEIR behaviour..... my wife is friends with this one woman who doesnt not spank or touch her children or raise her voice.... her kids are absolute monsters.... one day the children were at their absolute worst and my wife asked her if she could go straigten them out..... she said yes... my wife went in there and grabbed them by their arms pushed them on their beds told them in a firm voice to not get up or they would be sorry......... talk about angels....didnt hear a peep out of them ."

You didn't listen to Mahdi at all did you?  That's one woman and her kids, and they're still kids.  They aren't even adults yet.  Lots of "monsterous" kids turn out to be fine adults.  This is getting off topic from the already off-topic discussion so I'll save it for another thread, but kids by nature test their limits and settle into more reserved behaviour patterns as adults once they've matured and gained the benefit of some experiences.

Personally if I had kids I'd rather let them be more rambunctious at an early age and teach them to be caring and conscientious than hit them and have them turn into someone like you.

You see, this is why I'm an advocate of teaching the safety of sex, not just focusing on the abstinence of it. We also should be having condoms available in high schools. You can't make them not have sex, so you might as well make sure it is safe sex. After all, if it is safe sex, then what is wrong with it?

Isn't it weird that people are forcing people to fight against their human nature, their human urges? Sexual frustration can surely come out of that. Which is my thoughts on why some pastors choose to molest the young boys, that they have built of sexual angst and frustration and the pressure builds up until it's about to burst - until the loophole of sexual activity with boys comes by. My uneducated theory, however.

Personally if I had kids I'd rather let them be more rambunctious at an early age and teach them to be caring and conscientious than hit them and have them turn into someone like you.

oh really? .... you dont have kids now do you ??

i remember when i was a little kid i got mad at my dad and said "daddy when i have kids..... i will never spank them like you spanked me"... he said oh really?