IXTransport

TLTransport

INHarvesterWreck

INMedicalWreck

INSandCrawlerWreck

AKINSilo

AKINDrKynes

AKINNoddingDonkey

Not sure if they are all buildings, but they are listed as if they are. But there may be some buildings in the list which you can't select on the map, like statues or something like that.

AKINNoddingDonkey = The model that looks like the well pumps seen a lot in Texas that go up and down pumping oil.

This model is often seen on Arrakis maps in twos. The other common one is the windmill (AKIN_DrKynes).

I am fairly certain that the whale is the dead worm first seen in the AT mission against the harkonnen when you can recruit the Imperials.

The oxen are INYAK.

• 2 years later...

The whale is really a whale and appears in the caladan levels in the sea.

Is it possible to make the SMStarport available to build? I managed to edit it many times but it never appears in the buildings tab and I think Ive done everything right. The same with the IxianRefinery. But if I capture the SMStarport, It lists the purchase options of the starport but the purchase button doesnt work and I cant sell the building either...

But if I capture the SMStarportand then build one of my own (ordos for instance) and then sell the ordos starport I can use the SMstarport as a Starport(!) and the purchase button already works.

I would like to be able to build the Starport and the Ixian refinery.

Also, managed to list the HKRepairPad and the OrHeliPad in the buildings tab but when I try to place them and set the place the game crashes... Ive read these structures arent complete but is it possible to build them?

Ok, I managed to make the hk repair pad available to build but it doesnt make anything...I guess isnt finished as many other structures. Looks something like this:

Could someone change the Hk repair pad and make it repair units?

Also, I was wondering if someone ever tried to change the skins of AK_IN_Silo so we can have 3 types of silos each for a House? What kind of program can do that easily?

[attachment deleted by Gobalopper]

Yep, that should be quite easy; all you dwo is extract two house textures from each house (the refinery vat cover circle and the decowalls or whatever the refinery uses for the sides of the vats). Take care to use the versions preceded by an '=' sign, so they'll remap. Rename them to fit the length of the fields in the XBFs, then create 3 copies of the XBFs, and edit them for eaach house.

Ok, so I did what you said:

- Created 3Xbf (of course always in triple - H0, H1, H2, H3 and HC) of the spice silos, each for a House and renamed something like OR_Silo.xbf and so on.

- Put them on the 3ddata/buildings folder

- Changed the artini so the game goes pick these Xafs (OR_Silo.xaf) and not the AK_IN_Silo.Xaf

- Tried them ingame and they all worked but with the appearence of incidental of course

- Then, used the Dunex beta to download all the textures all searched for the =..._decowalls_... and the =..._smoothdome_... (... are the HK,AT and Or and 128, 64 and respective Damaged textures) and put them in the 3ddata/textures folder

- Opened the OR_Silo_(H0, H1, H2, H3 and HC).Xbf with notepad (dont have another tool to do so) and searched for the names of the textures to change: =G_MCVPnl1_128.TGA and =!08%glass0.tga (I knew these were the textures as I remembered them and I saw them in Photoshop), found them in all of the Xbfs.

1st Try:

- Now, for the first try, I changed both textures names to =AT_dwalls_128.TGA (=G_MCVPnl1_128.TGA ) as this was the name I gave to the texture, and dont remeber the other but I know I screwed that cause didnt add the = and the name was much different

- Tried in game and: game froze whed loading, escaped and had a XANADULoadXBF invalid header and a C++ Runtime Library error...

2nd Try:

- Went to your page and saw that one should use the = if in the original texture and not change much

- Created new Xbfs and named them, deleted the old ones

- Renamed the texture =OR_decowalls_128 as =O_MCVPnl1_128 and renamed it in the OR_Silo.XBfs (changed (=G_MCVPnl1_128.TGA to =O_MCVPnl1_128.TGA), even managed to use copy paste as its only a letter and I didnt want to screw again

Tried in game and: the same damn error!!!  >:( but this time the loading bar went further. lol

What am I doing wrong?

Hm. I've known notepad to corrupt xbfs. Try using a different programme, preferably a hex editor like Cygnus.

Check also that you're not opening and/or resaving the textures, just extracting them with DuneEx alone.

Are you changing all the files, or just the H0 file? Try just altering the H0 to begin with, if there are problems. The H3 and the HC can sometimes cause problems.

This time I tried to use just the AT_Silo_H0.xbf as its the basic xbf and the hk repairpad only has this xbf and works. So I downloaded the =AT_decowalls_128.tga to textures folder and changed the AT_Silo_H0.xbf line (using notepad) and also changed the =AT_decowalls_128.tga to =A_MCVPnl1_128.tga. Didnt work either, the same error. I guess notepad corrupts the xbf files...  :( Ill try to get an hex editor. XBF viewer doesnt do that task properly right? The thing is Cygnus has already passed the trial version...  :-

The notepad is the problem, it damages the xbf files! I can already do the right thing with cygnus and so the Ordos silo and Ordos Helipad are something like this:

The Hk_repair pad doesnt do anything...isnt it possible to change something? I remeber JulesG managed to make the Scavenger perform as an ADVCarryal, isnt it possible to make it repair units...like the Atreides Repair unit?

Well, thanks for the help

[attachment deleted by Gobalopper]

Ok, I managed to make the hk repair pad available to build but it doesnt make anything...I guess isnt finished as many other structures. Could someone change the Hk repair pad and make it repair units?

The Hk_repair pad doesnt do anything...isnt it possible to change something? I remeber JulesG managed to make the Scavenger perform as an ADVCarryal, isnt it possible to make it repair units...like the Atreides Repair unit?

No the repair arms were never completed in the xbf definition and you cant mix unit and building sfx headers so you cant pinch the ATRepairTank sfx code. (If fact I havent been able to mix many building sfx headers either, only simple ones like Machinegunpost_HC and TLTurret_H0 to make a TLTurret_HC model. If I try to use say a sfx header for a burning building H2 model it corrupts whatever building I then apply it too...)

The HKRepairpad does look nice though and you can define it as a Starport or a low level helipad (for example GUNIAP acting as an ornithopter needing re-arming - I then dropped it from my mod after all the work was done!) If you use it as a helipad you need to change it's height definition in the rules file so that ornithopters "land" properly...(I think 5 was about right, its over 12 months since I fiddled around with it).

The problem is that if I remember correctly there is no HC model so you cant sell it. This is easily fixed by using an xbfvertv2k edited down ATStarport_HC, or HKStarport_HC etc which is then renamed exactly the same ie HKRepairpad_HC

When you choose to sell the building the Repairpad model will change to the modded AT/HKstarport_HC model and load all the scaffolding (though various ones can be deleted if you want to, hence the editing down of side bits, buildings around the starport etc

Is it possible to make the SMStarport available to build? I managed to edit it many times but it never appears in the buildings tab and I think Ive done everything right. The same with the IxianRefinery. But if I capture the SMStarport, It lists the purchase options of the starport but the purchase button doesnt work and I cant sell the building either...

But if I capture the SMStarportand then build one of my own (ordos for instance) and then sell the ordos starport I can use the SMstarport as a Starport(!) and the purchase button already works.

).

SMStarport has no _HC model so it cant be sold (see suggestion above to fix...)

All buildings use GROUP definitions to stop duplicates appearing in Building TABs. So system sees ORStarport defined higher in rules file and so ignores offering SMStarport to build (or IxianRefinery or IXWindtrap etc). If you then capture the Starport it realises you can order via the Starport = True code, though I cant think why the purchase button doesnt work until you build and sell the ordos starport!