Mini-Patch & AI Patch

Inoculator9

Apollyon just gave me approval to add his two recent, and very innovative new patches to Dune Editing.

Apollyon's Magical Mini-Patch can be downloaded here

Apollyon's AI Patch can be downloaded here

The first of the two increases Emperor's camera zoom ability, replaces some old player colors, increases the range of money in skirmish games, and the minimap FOW is now white.

The second of the two has made the Emperor AI during campaigns and skirmish games a little more difficult to beat.

• 10 months later...

hi  i just installed and tested the AI patch and i do agree the game become more chalenging  becose i do think that the AI  player in ebfd is too eazy to beat i dont know why  i remeber in dune 2000 we used to have massive forces attaking from the AI player just on normal level  but the problem is i noticed that this patch tend to weak the humnan player forces and units and that is bad in term of practicing the game and injoing the normal skilles  of the fighting units and i started to worry that the change may apply on my on line gaming since the multy playe map is skirmish  and in that case will make my forces less active than the other playes so i did uninstall that patch . plz tell me what u think thank u ???

lol  ok am sorry for not explaining my self more clear i did not notice what i said during playe time i just was reading the text file attached to the patch and i noticed lines like make the harvester dealy and make the solders bend more time and fire  less frequent so i though that what will happen to my forces if u want the exact text page and lines i will find them for u but anyway i didnt  know what that realy mean so i was just asking and am sorry for my egnorence :-[ 

I know it's not my place to enforce the rules, but dear lord.  I couldn't undertsand any of that.  Could you please try to punctuate, capitalize, and arrange your sentences into complete, well organized thought patterns?

And Appolyon: Tried it, good stuff.  The AI in Emperor was always a bit disapponting, this made it a bit more of a challenge...a bit. ;)

ok duke leto sorry but my english is not verry good here is what happend in  steps:

1_ i downloaded the AI patch and installed

2_ i played and i like it

3_ i was looking into the patch files and i saw a text file so i tryed to read whats in it

4_ in that text file i saw lines(sentences) like the harvester will make a delay  of time befor arriving and the infentry will take more time to fire  and stuff like that so i thought these are comands to the game program to make the human units less powerfull and i was not sure so i wanted to ask u guys and it turned out that i was rong so if u want me to tell you the name of that text page and the exact words i will just tell me .becose i dont have the patch right now and i have to download it once more .

Anasnake, unless I'm mistaken, you're wondering if the multiplayer AI during skirmish mode becomes more difficult with the patch? I believe the answer to that one is yes. If you want to alter that, just install another mod over the patch and you're good, or procure the original files from Apollyon here to replace the ones added by the patch.

Also, you said you messed around with the "Rules.txt" file to some extent? You can in fact edit the abilities of units there, such as decreasing build time and cost. You can get a more detailed tutorial on this process at the Dune Editing website in the "Tutorials" section. I'll be happy to help you along with any questions you might have.

hi mister inoculator9:  well actuly what i mean is that when i read the rules text file like u said i saw words  that tend to make  unites more or less powerfull and i realy didnt know who will be strong and who will be  weak so i was affread that my unites will cost more and be less effitive and in that case i will be weaker at mltplaye with both the IA or the others playes that will have an advantage over me but i was told on this letter that the patch dose not alter the human player units so thats it i wanted to learn.  and when  i wanted to remove the patch i just uninstall ebfd and erazed all saved files and reinstall. sorry becose i dont understand what u said at this line(porocure the original fi..... by the patch) and i have more question left plz dear sir : u said messing with the rules text file can make changes in the game well can that effect my own unites too? i mean do we have peapol at xwisc playing with those mod s  coz i saw some peapol attaking me on line with 10 s of havy tanks befor i even make a single factory do u think they can be cheating and thx lol

Anasnake, the file you looked at is the rules.txt, and it will not result in any changes to the game's regular forces either on multiplayer or on skirmish. The file is simply an extracted original from Emperor. In short: you will experience no abnormalities during online play.

rules.txt doesnt affect online play, apo ?

Oh, I thought a lot of mods used that and thats why they couldnt be used online against/with people who didnt have the same mod. Giving OOS errors (which by the way is becomming a lot more common on XWIS, even in long games).

• 4 months later...