Ditch WOL for XWIS?

Gobalopper

Should we stop using WOL and go with the XWIS server?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should we stop using WOL and go with the XWIS server?

• Yes
    • No

Chat works on the XWIS server so if you are waiting for a game you can sit in the chat channel is what I think he means.

no1 goes to chat channel... and if pple did, u still cant c who is playing games...

• 3 weeks later...

Well this is the official site, or at least thats what the link said before WW took it down, so I think he has a right to have what ever type of head he's in the mood for... I heard he likes crispy ones with lots of juice.

XWIS is around for when the day EA does pull the plug. With the switch I constantly alternate between the two. When I encounter someone that doesn't know about XWIS I tell them about it and Fed2k. The few I have told couldn't wait to try a more than 4 player game. I must say the 3v3 are very interesting.

The only reason that you dont like the idea of XWIS Nag.... is cuz you are afraid of all of the players who play on it. There are no N00bs there for you to stomp and talk smack to. The players on XWIS are all the same ones that you kick from your games because you suck and are afraid to get beat.

The only reason that you dont like the idea of XWIS Nag.... is cuz you are afraid of all of the players who play on it. There are no N00bs there for you to stomp and talk smack to. The players on XWIS are all the same ones that you kick from your games because you suck and are afraid to get beat.

Fortunately, you're not the one that decides about that.

if you want the full credit for splitting the pathetically-small Emperor community in half and isolating what few players remain from each other, then you got it.  *pats Olaf on the back*  congratz on that man!  you deserve as much credit for that as you can handle.  hope you're real proud of your "accomplishment" there.  ::)

I Am not a noob though I am new to this site, and one thing I cannot figure out, Is What the hell happened to the emperor community?

I have been playing dune games since 1999 and I have never seen such small particapation rates.

after a while the dune 2000 wol system fell apart :'( but that did'nt happen nearly as fast as for Emporer

I guess you can say most of the Emperor Community dissipated due to lack of support from WW.

You can check this thread for info on XWIS an alternative server to play Emperor on. You can experience a more than four player game. Gotta love those 3v3 games. I still haven't tried a 2v2v2v2.

is it me or are games alot smoother and faster on xwis?

yes i believe they are...everything seems to load faster when entering the main game lobby too...that's why i much prefer XWIS...

We cannot ditch WOL unless EA redirect any visitors to their servers to XWIS automatically. When I started playing online, if I had not been TOLD about XWIS & FED etc, I would have assumed everyone stopped playing online and I would have gone off in a sob.

And what a loss to the community THAT would have been !

We cannot ditch WOL unless EA redirect any visitors to their servers to XWIS automatically. When I started playing online, if I had not been TOLD about XWIS & FED etc, I would have assumed everyone stopped playing online and I would have gone off in a sob.

And what a loss to the community THAT would have been !

there is no way to beat the emperor batle for dune BOX

in the box (at least im my country) u have a westwood logo a EA logo and the website .

the guy install the game and go to WOL

If the guy is new in the game he has to play online at least 10 times to LIKE the online game and try to know this site or the comunity

Since the emperor comunity (about 4 Wolkswagens full of people) are in XWIS the new guys never will come ,,, maybe if they just play on thursday >:D

Im playing emperor at nigth on WOL and i haved the chance to know some of the members of this site. and tho play many other, new emperor players i think (at least they look fresh). Im very happy about the last nigths. I just think WOL is the easy way to get more games to everyone

Well, sadly there isnt going to be many new guys ue to the fact that no major retailers sell emperor in bulk anymore, and the fact that new and "better"RTS games are being introduced.

lets face it were the last supporters of the dune series....Even westwood has ditched it just look at their website,its ALL Command and Conquer.

There are people I have not sen online often, and I thought I had seen most of them...There is the core of people who play online (the majority of whom are on this site as well), and there are the people who seem to pop in and out. If we could get them to pop in and out of XWIS then there would be more poeple at any one time.

By the way, I dont see much wrong with people playing Emp poping in and out, its up to them and we should not say that they should be on Emp constantly...

• 3 weeks later...