Ditch WOL for XWIS?

Gobalopper

Should we stop using WOL and go with the XWIS server?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should we stop using WOL and go with the XWIS server?

• Yes
    • No

Ok guys I talked with Olaf today and he is going to help Ords setup a proxy on his server so you can play on the XWIS server and it will automatically report the games to the ladder here. That way you don't need to have the proxy running.

Yo ;D Olaf has helpt me with this mission.

My server is now ready for olaf. He will redirect games from his server to mine. As he told me nothing changes accept that all emporer games from today could be running over my server.

I have also XCL proxy running so Ladders should be go straight to Dune2k.

If there is something I have to do on my server Gobalopper or Olaf plz tell me.

Nope its working fine. I played a test game from WOL today and it was reported. All we need to do now is wait for Olaf to make a couple changes on the XWIS server and those games will start reporting back as well.

I'll make a news post explaining the changes shortly.

And with this news I would say Ditch Westwood [vote yes](although have someone go on WOL and explain to others who do not know about it every so often.)

Possibly email EA with this news and tell them to redirect to fed2k/olaf and rerelease Emperor?

If I find a cheap/any emperor game nearby, I may just get it and try out the server. :)

my game against brennq on xwis didnt report but then my proxy still dont report so.

i played war on wol.

Who is war4uu anyway anyone know?

i played with war4uu yesterday on xwis, he is a beginner ( playing 2,5 months )

Before everyone heads off and ditches WOL for XWIS, keep in mind that there are several users who have no knowing about XWIS.

Especially with the fact that most of you would love to see EBFD revived, if everyone ditches WOL for XWIS, EA may decide to remove the servers, due to lack of players. If that's the case, no new players will come to play EBFD online.

Since EA has repaired/restored the WOL servers, it may indicate that they have some plans with EBFD (re-release in classic package?). I would suggest to contact EA first and ask them about their plans for/with EBFD/WOL before you all head of and ditch WOL.

EA would only have to change the output of servserv.westwood.com for EBFD. No new CDs, no new patch, nothing.

Thats great! We should mail or make phonecalls for it! ;D

Emperor would attracked many more pple :D

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to make an extra message function like : /pageall anyone here? So u can page anyone on the server and then u know if there are pple available to play. Much better then a page to c who is online imo.

Is there a way to make an extra message function like : /pageall anyone here? So u can page anyone on the server and then u know if there are pple available to play. Much better then a page to c who is online imo.

Why don't just ask the players in the lobby?

Page all would be abused.

Why don't just ask the players in the lobby?

Page all would be abused.

How you know which pple are in the lobby and ingame apart from the 20 pple that u have on your buddy list?

it only shows the EBFD tag by their name if they are in a game room.

It happends a lot when pple think there is no1 online, while many pple are playing games and are in the lobby... and then they go offline.

there has to b a solution for that? : ???