Ditch WOL for XWIS?

Gobalopper

Should we stop using WOL and go with the XWIS server?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should we stop using WOL and go with the XWIS server?

• Yes
    • No

I don't play Emperor, but if Gob and olaf can work together and come out with a reliable system, then I say ditch Westwood when that happens. (although go there a bit to get newbies to come to fed2k)

Maybe olaf can do the same for Dune2000 online somehow?

How does it go from 7 to 61 in one game ?

Apart from that alot of games didn't finish properly, IE players aborted the game instead of retreating.

I guess you lost and now there are 54 more players that have more points than you.

The ranks dont make sense at all, i have never lost to lilgurl while the ladder says i have, the game i played with rr3s3tt i won while the ladder says we both lost and much more of these things, it says i have just 3 wins and 1 loses while i have played lots and lots of games.

I've got 512 kbit/s upstream, so 320 kbit/s should be enough. Do you have MySQL installed?

Lol MySQL cost $220 classic and Pro $440.

I have downloaded the classic version. But do you have a lisence for this.?

My msn adres is BobSOW@Hotmail.com I am most time online so I will hear from you? Then you can help me further with installation

I love to help this community.  ;)

Umm... MySQL... do you mean, THE mysql?

Last time i checked it was downloadable for free unless you had to edit it. ???

Yeh you are ride it is thanks.?

I will install it and ask for Olaf to assist me on how to get a second server in the air for Emperor. ;D

Olaf is the XWIS server dependant upon the WOL server in any way?

If EA removes the WOL server will XWIS still function ?

Yes and no.

It only depends on WOL for serial validation, but that can be disabled.

Olaf what is the latest on getting games on XWIS to report back to the FED2k Ladder. If Ords is willing could we run it on his computer?

Sure I will do that but I have to learn how to install all the nessecary programs. And to maintane it. My server is now stable running under windows 2000 Pro.

Basicly doing FTP webmail and MYSQL now. Nothing else.

mission1) I try to get PHP to it

Olaf what is the latest on getting games on XWIS to report back to the FED2k Ladder. If Ords is willing could we run it on his computer?

I didn't do anything yet, but could you contact me via ICQ about that?

I play Olaf's except when i want to play a game and report it to fed2k(ladder game)...if olaf could make a program that would report games from the xcc server to fed2k...that might be good...if you could find the time, olaf, i would be much obliged.... ;D  and if i can start reporting games to the fed2k ladder from xcc...i will be on xcc always...lol.

Ok guys I talked with Olaf today and he is going to help Ords setup a proxy on his server so you can play on the XWIS server and it will automatically report the games to the ladder here. That way you don't need to have the proxy running.

awesome...thanks bunches Gob!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) ;D ;D ;D ;D

so from xcc it will automatically report to here...and from wol as long as we have xcl proxy running it will report here...awesome...thanks again Gob!

Oh yeah and much thanks to Olaf as well... ;D