Ditch WOL for XWIS?

Gobalopper

Should we stop using WOL and go with the XWIS server?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should we stop using WOL and go with the XWIS server?

• Yes
    • No

Since WOL is down and we can't really trust Westwood much anymore should we even bother with it anymore? Instead of using it get everyone to use the XWIS server instead. This could lead to getting clans back but I can't guarantee that.

I'm all in favor of moving off of WOL for "everyday play" but when/if WOL actually bothers to restore their server, I think we should all make it a point to go there frequently, tell all the players about fed2k, and XWIS. 

However if WOL becomes stable, maybe allows more than a 4x player and/or puts clans back could make sense to play there too.

If we think going to XWIS is the way to go collectively, then a thought for this site - on the main page put an obvious 1st time users guide - maybe above the news section?  So all newb's understand easily how to use the board, what it is for, and that we are here to help.

I say if wol comes restores and gets the clan manger back we should stay at wol . If it doesn't we have no other choice but to go to gobs server. But if we get a clan manger for either I'd be there in a second and a half.

I love XWIS. It's actually letting us play 3v3, 4v4. I love IT! I can't express it in words. Everyday on AIM/MSN I'm getting the occasional wanna go on XWIS? We are starting up a roudy 3v3 by Vilgent, Darkrul3r, Sendakon, PS501, Appolyon, Mrdozy. I LOVE IT! Ditch WOL!!! UP WITH XWIS  :)

I agree on this but now in the weekend Saterday evening also XCC is down.

So how are we getting a second server online next to it like Westwood had.

What Capacity does it take from the Connection and is it hard to install.

I have now an FTP and a Webmail running.

But when I add a Game server like XCC to it what will happen with my performence :- :O

Ords

I say if wol comes restores and gets the clan manger back we should stay at wol . If it doesn't we have no other choice but to go to gobs server. But if we get a clan manger for either I'd be there in a second and a half.

XWIS has a clan manager. WOL doesn't and won't.

At the moment XWIS is not able to handle much more than 150 - 300 players. The cause of this limit has not been found yet, but we're trying to increase this limit.

Clans can be managed at http://62.216.18.38/xwi/

Olaf I am living in holland.

Is it possible to back you up with my server.

Its on 24f7 and running under w2000pro.

It has a Webserver and FTP server running.

Can I assist on Xwis. 8)

Iam playing since 2200 hours again on your server good job mate. ;)

It is located at my home in Bergen op Zoom.

The bandwide is ADSL comfort 2048/320.

8).

I do not know the amount of bandwide is neccesary.

:-.

I've got 512 kbit/s upstream, so 320 kbit/s should be enough. Do you have MySQL installed?