Emperor and Windows XP

tkurk

I was wondering if someone could guide me to a source that could help me get Emperor to work on XP?  I know others have had the same problem.  Westwood just stopped emailing me back.  I have reinstalled it, updated all of my drivers for my sound and video card as well as Direct X.  Emperor worked fine on Windows ME but then failed on XP.  I get the "failed to load 3D device" error.  I know others have had the same problem.  Please help if you can.

It works on my pc, but you don't come further with that. I think you must search for update for your's video drivers for XP, or right click on the exe-file of emperor and properties and with compatability choose windows 98/me

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I had the same problem when i switched my OS from ME to XP. If you are using the same game you used on ME, uninstall it and reinstall it. The problem i had was the resolution settings. Can you see the menu screen, but as soon as you play it quits and gives you that error?

Thats what happened to me. The same error. What I did to fix it was change the resolution settings. What it was, is the settings i had on ME do not work on XP, through some graphics card glich.

First and foremost MAKE SURE you go to www.windowsupdate.com (don't worry, it is the official microsofy site) and download ALL the updates for your OS. I couldn't get emperor to run on my win2k, I tried all sorts of crap, including all the stuff people are mentioning here and more, but it still didn't work. There are specific patches you can download for windows that specifically fix compatibility issues and such, make sure you try this. Very high chance this could be the problem.

"...As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil. For I pack a big a$$ shotgun and am the meanest muda fuka in the valley."

..This is completely off topic, but where is that quote from??

hehehe, you like that one too eh? Well the original quote is a verse from the bible. But this "modded" version I stole off a guy in tribes 2. I thought it was pretty sweet. ;D

Who can remember rap names anyways, we have Coolio, LL Cool J, JaRule, I mean sheesh. And Coolio (if I remember right) is not in Deep Blue Sea, it's LL Cool J, or something like that. Such nice times when we start out on Xp and end up talking about rap artists.