Pictures of Imperial Civil War Mod

JulesG

Sorry I didn't make myself clearer, I know it will go out of sync, but are the other players going to be happy about starting a game, having maybe chatted for 5 minutes or so, only to find the game they have been looking forward to goes out of sync.

That is what I meant, I wasn't arguing about your statement.

So imagine if your in a 4 player game ready to start and you discover, 1 player doesn't have the mod, what do you do ?

In that case, you would let him/her know that you have a mod installed, and what would happen if the game were to start and at least player in the game didn't have the exact same mod installed (i.e. OOS message). If they haven't left by now, you would ask them nicely to do so, so the game can get underway. If they still don't want to leave after more persuasion, that's when you give the boot. I consider kicking people out of the room rude, and will only do it as a last resort, after I've given a reason why, and given the player a chance to leave.

I just think this mod is awesome!!! ;D This is up there as one of my favorite mods ever...i think my two favorites would have to be this one and the shai halud mod...except one thing that i really like about this one that the shai halud mod doesn't offer is the auto install/uninstall application. This mod definitely rocks!!! 8)

• 2 weeks later...

:O

If the file downloaded cleanly, it should be recognised as an .exe file, ie it will self-extract.

Click-team wont offer any support as its the freeware version. My only question is: what O/S are you using? (I built the installation routine under Windows XP Professional and this can sometimes set some files on earlier Win O/S to Read-only, but usually only Access files!)

• 8 months later...

The mod is listed on Dune Editing board (link available from the front page of Dune2K) or the direct link is:

http://editing.dune2k.com/mods/

If you enjoy the mod please return to Dune Editing  and vote for it.

If you dont like the mod, again please vote on Dune Editing, and you could always leave me some comments in this thread, - it wont change that mod but may change what i am doing in Conflict of the Landsraad presently under development.

• 3 months later...

THis is a very nice mod but it has several downfalls. The biggest one being the fact that all the houses only have 3 or 4 unique units left. For example now ordos and harkonnen can get snipers. All the houses can get devestators. Im uninstalling this mod and looking for one that doesn't lower game replayability.

In hindsight I agree with you.

Conflict of the Landsraad has been designed that all 3 main houses have unique units plus some common ones - just like in Dune2000.

The sub-houses then have complementary and different units and the extra mercenaries again have some new, different (and some similar) units so that you should get more re-playability.